Idea for a snow bound Indy 5

WillKill4Food

Indyfan4ever said:
Well it worked for Rambo in 'First Blood'. If we can just est. that these guys are EVIL, I don't think the audience would have a problem.
Exactly. This is, after all, the 1960's we're talking about. The McCarthy-ist army officers in KotCS were shown in a bad light, and it would be rather easy for the army, or at least a few army leaders, to be shown as men who are so obsessed with defeating Communism that they succumb to evil.

Indy's brother

Indyfan4ever said:
Well it worked for Rambo in 'First Blood'. If we can just est. that these guys are EVIL, I don't think the audience would have a problem.

WillKill4Food said:
at least a few army leaders, to be shown as men who are so obsessed with defeating Communism that they succumb to evil.

To say that these examples are not rogue factions of an otherwise benevolent government, but that they are isolated evil factions of an otherwise benevolent government is really just splitting hairs. I don't have a problem with an evil us govt enemy, I came up with the idea.

What do you guys think about the avalanche idea?

WillKill4Food

Indy's brother said:
To say that these examples are not rogue factions of an otherwise benevolent government, but that they are isolated evil factions of an otherwise benevolent government is really just splitting hairs.
Yeah, I guess so. Sorry. :eek:
Indy's brother said:
It's okay. I'm not a huge fan of it. I guess he could be snow-mobiling down the side of it to escape it while his enemies are covered by the crashing snow.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Indy's brother said:
I had one in my fanfic, a final bonus action scene... the forgotten champagne villain is cast out of Heaven (Eden) and falls back to Earth as a meteoroid causing the avalanche. An unlikely member of the team pulls Indy (who thought the adventure was over) behind an outcropping.

The only escapes that come to mind are outrun, ride, natural shelter, unnatural shelter. Maybe Spielberg's ball of life preservers from the Raiders transcripts... or he's buried, and following his whip tied to a makeshift buoy on the surface is the only way he knows which way is up... or behind a tree that creaks against the blast then snaps off right above Indy's head, whilst the villain who hid behind a large semicircular root system of a felled tree is crushed when the tree rights itself again, buried for good like a mafia victim under a sapling.

Last edited:

Indy's brother

Moedred said:
or behind a tree that creaks against the blast then snaps off right above Indy's head... or he's buried, and following his whip tied to something on the surface is the only way he knows which way is up.

Those are both pretty cool ideas, Moe!

In regard to you edit:
Moedred said:
or behind a tree that creaks against the blast then snaps off right above Indy's head, whilst the villain who hid behind a large semicircular root system of a felled tree is crushed when the tree rights itself again, buried for good like a mafia victim under a sapling.

That's also pretty decent, as long as it's not the main villain. That sort of death goes to a lackey, as it's kind of along the lines with the nazi who gets run over by the truck in ROTLA.

Me likey!!(y)

Last edited:

Stoo

First Shot from Indy 5!

"I don't know HOW I'm gonna get outta this one...":eek:

AeroSledChase_1a.jpg

Made from the cool photo that Indy's Bro posted and a shot from "Mystery of the Blues" that's NOT IN "Mystery of the Blues".

AeroSledChase_Source-1.jpg

About a 15 min. drive from our summer cottage in Quebec is a small village named, Lost River, which doubled as Russia in the recent "Get Smart" movie. It's about time we had Indy in Canada, eh?:)

Indy's brother

Stoo, I wish cusswords didn't get censored, because I would love to tell you (in no uncertain terms) that pic is F*cking Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, that picture alone is more thrilling and adventurous than "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" in its entirety!!!! AMAZING JOB!!!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
There's a debunked urban legend that the AT-AT's from Star Wars were inspired by Port of Oakland shipping container cranes. Now I wonder if aerosan images were among the WWII footage studied by George's team in the 70's... that aerosan sure looks like the head of chicken walker (AT-ST).
atst.jpg

Stoo

@Indy's Brother and The Stranger:
Thanks, guys! Too bad I couldn't get a sharper screencap of Indy, it would've looked even better. "Wish Threads" aren't usaully my thing but this one is my cup o' tea. Anwyay, I have another image cookin'...:)

Funny you mention the AT-AT reference, Moedred, because the metallic colours on Hoth are what I was going for and, yes, it does slightly resemble the scout walker. Even some of J.Johnston's production designs more than the finished product.

Attila the Professor said:
One thing that would help this happen is for somebody to start whispering "Doctor Zhivago" in Spielberg's ear.
Yes, and I was thinking of Akira Kurosawa's "Dersu Uzala". 75% of the film is set on the bleakest snowscape imaginable yet every shot is a work of art.

This also brings to mind 2 Disney films with some Indy-esque, snow-bound action scenes:

In Search of the Castaways (based on Jules Verne's "Children of Captain Grant") has a zany, rollercoaster ride through a vast maze of ice caves and has similar vein to the raft sequence in "Doom". Many people bash that part but I like it.

Island at the Top of the World is an adventure film in every sense of the word and is highly recommended to any Indy fans. It has a dirigible, a lost community of Vikings and a whales' graveyard. One escape scene is well-suited for Indy and (without giving too much away) it involves the collapse of some gigantic, ice stalactites that provide a very, brief window of opportunity for the heroes. I love this flick. Check it out if you can...

Indy's brother

Stoo said:
Thanks, guys! Too bad I couldn't get a sharper screencap of Indy, it would've looked even better.

You're very welcome, it's a feast for the eyes! The fuzzy-looking Indy may be kind of a drag, but it's still a treat. Keep 'em coming!

Here is something I thought I would put together. I would love for a scene like this to happen in Indy V. So comment and tell me what think:gun:

-IndyFan4Ever

n728710487_1680682_7615183.jpg

Indy's brother

Indyfan4ever said:
Here is something I thought I would put together. I would love for a scene like this to happen in Indy V. So comment and tell me what think:gun:

-IndyFan4Ever

n728710487_1680682_7615183.jpg

I'm loving it! Indy needs to get back on a horse for the next film anyway...PERFECT!

Morning Bell

All of these picture are really encouraging and make me think that a snow-covered location, in some capacity, would be great in another Indy film.

arkfinder

Indy's brother said:
Seriously, Moedred...GREAT find. This one looks like a scene from an Indy flick by the way they set up the "shot":

2096405315_4f4e097583_o.jpg

Frickin' Awesome!!!

That would work. Maybe Lucas & Co. could place Indy & Mutt in Russia during winter.

Stoo

Indyfan4ever said:
Those aero-sleds look awfully familiar.:p