View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 05:49 PM   #140
Moedred
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
as a Star Wars entry, you’re an unacceptable mess.
Tony Gilroy speaks for the first time about his rewrites and reshoots:
Quote:
"If you look at Rogue, all the difficulty with Rogue, all the confusion of it … and all the mess, and in the end when you get in there, it's actually very, very simple to solve. Because you sort of go, 'This is a movie where, folks, just look. Everyone is going to die.' So it's a movie about sacrifice."

"I have to be careful. I don’t know what the statute of limitations is. I’ve never done an interview about Rogue, ever."

"I came in after the director's cut. I have a screenplay credit in the arbitration that was easily won."

"That was my super power. I’ve never been interested in Star Wars, ever. So I had no reverence for it whatsoever. I was unafraid about that. And they were in such a swamp… they were in so much terrible, terrible, trouble that all you could do was improve their position."

"The gumption, the balls of Disney and Bob Iger and the people there to gamble on what they gambled on is astonishing. It was just a mess and fear."

"It doesn't appeal to me. But I don't think Rogue really is a Star Wars movie in many ways. To me, it's a Battle of Britain movie."
Now if I was paid $5 million or more for a job I would be clear about whether it was okay to discuss. You can listen here starting at 45:15.
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote