The Office (NBC)

Niteshade007

At first I thought about making it about both the BBC and NBC, but with the BBC one all finished up and the NBC one taking a pretty different direction in recent seasons, it might get a little confusing.

So, now that the strike is over and we've had a few episodes of The Office, what do you all think of them? I'm still in love with the show, but these episodes raise a few questions...

-Will the show be the same after Jim and Pam get married? Well, obviously it'll be different, but will it still be interesting? I must admit I had my doubts about them getting together at the end of the 3rd season, but I think the strike worked for them, since we didn't get a full season of them being all happy and in love, turning off viewers because there was little controversy.

-Ryan has a drug problem? Pretty serious stuff. He also seems to have it out for Jim. What will this do for the show?

-Will Jan return as Michael's true love? Or will it be the chair model in next year's catalog?

There are so many things to discuss about this great show, so here is a place for fans to discuss.

nezobiwan

Niteshade007 said:
-Will the show be the same after Jim and Pam get married? Well, obviously it'll be different, but will it still be interesting?
--I think that the new "Jam" suspense is "Will they get engaged/married?" instead of "Will Jim and Pam ever get together?" It's no Mr. Darcy/Miss Bennet but it will suffice. "Jam" is not the only thing that the show has going for it.

Niteshade007 said:
-Ryan has a drug problem? Pretty serious stuff. He also seems to have it out for Jim. What will this do for the show?
--Ryan as the antagonist is SO SO lovely and perfect and that he's attacking Jim is only natural since Jim is the clear protagonist of the show. I like where this is going.

Niteshade007 said:
-Will Jan return as Michael's true love? Or will it be the chair model in next year's catalog?
--Michael + Jan has been a bad idea since the women's appreciation episode where he told all of the Office girls that Jan tapes them during <<>> and critiques him with her psychriatrist! I know Michael's messed up, but he's not THAT messed up! I think there's a lot of potential in their storyline still though. The biggest and best hook at this time (IMO) is "Will Michael Scott ever get his kids, house, and white picket fence? Will he ever have an epiphany and realize that looks aren't everything? Will Ryan's jerkitude aid in this revelation?" I'm eating this one up!

I'd like to conclude this post by saying: "Ryan started the fi-yah! It was always burning since the world's been turning! Ryan started the fi-yah!"

YouNeverKnow

Well, I know that apart from loving every line and shot of the show (especially Creed's talking heads), I am completely and hopelessly in love with Jenna Fischer.

nezobiwan

YouNeverKnow said:
Well, I know that apart from loving every line and shot of the show (especially Creed's talking heads), I am completely and hopelessly in love with Jenna Fischer.
Yeah my husband too.. but he liked Karen better and was really disappointed when she and Jim broke up. What a weirdo.

YouNeverKnow

No way. Pam has Karen beat any day of the week. Bahhh I can't explain it. She is just invincibly cute, and cuteness goes a long way over hotness (which she also has good quantities of).

But yeah this week should be good. I really don't want anything bad to happen to Jim and Pam. Nothing that perfect should get ruined.

I know I'm gonna miss the person that's leaving (I guess I won't tell it here).

No hope for Dwight and Angela???

Here's hoping Michael makes an important step towards achieving all of his goals. I can only laugh at the situations for so long until I feel really sympathetic.

Pretty stoked!

Niteshade007

I really liked the finale. So much to think about though.

I wonder if Toby is the one who is getting the spin-off show. As much as I love Toby, I don't think he is interesting enough to carry a show. Same goes for Ryan, although Ryan seems more likely. I'm just not sure how much I'd enjoy a show about Ryan in jail.

Holly is great. She seems like such a perfect fit for Michael, and yet, I'm still pulling for Jan. I don't know why, but I really love Jan's character, and I want to see her and Michael together. I do think that Jan is lying though about the sperm donor. It might even be Hunter's, her assistant. Remember his song? "You took me by the hand, made me a man..."

nezobiwan

Niteshade007 said:
Remember his song? "You took me by the hand, made me a man..."
Hahahahaha! That would be a funny twist! Good tip on that clue... (y)

My heart really broke for Michael when Jan said that he wasn't the father. :( Poor guy!

Holly is too perfect for Michael for them not to end up together. I like Jan's character, but I don't think that she's good for Michael. She's even more &^%ed up than him. And that's saying a lot...

Niteshade007

nezobiwan said:
Holly is too perfect for Michael for them not to end up together. I like Jan's character, but I don't think that she's good for Michael. She's even more &^%ed up than him. And that's saying a lot...

But she's so pretty...

Indy&HanFan

The Office is amazing!

Just encase you guys didn't know, the 5th season of The Office starts September 25th! If you don't watch the show you should because it's hilarious. I wasn't a fan from the beginning but I am now. I rented the seasons on DVD, so I've been watching those lately. I'm still on the third season, so no one spoil it for me!

Niteshade007

I'm having "The Office" Party that night. I'm going to make jello with a stapler in it, and have lemonade with the little "~" over the "n." We're also going to play The Office DVD Board game. I'm really looking forward to it.

Indy&HanFan

i just finished season 4!
i'm so excited for the season 5 premiere!(y)
is it weird that i like michael and jan together? for some reason i wasn't really feeling the whole holly thing. although i thought it was pretty funny that she thought kevin was retarded

Niteshade007

Okay, three episodes in, and I'm not thrilled so far by this season. It's alright, but not hysterical like I've found the others.

AlivePoet

Niteshade007 said:
Okay, three episodes in, and I'm not thrilled so far by this season. It's alright, but not hysterical like I've found the others.

I hear you, although I think things started taking a plunge already back when Michael drove the car into the lake. The sad thing about this show is that it seems to be getting less and less believable. I work in an office, and seasons 1-3 were great--plausible scenarios, clever writing. Season 4 took a slapstick turn with ridiculous ideas, and season 5 is perpetuating that trend. The writers don't know where to draw the line for a show that makes the cut based on its realistic edge, I'm afraid.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Nice Raiders reference at the end of season 2's 'Conflict Management.' The storage box of complaints that caused so much strife is placed by Toby in the warehouse among hundreds of identical boxes stacked to the roof.

Gear

The Office

Anybody else love this show? Either the BBC version or the NBC. I think they're both great, but I've only seen a couple of episodes of the original.

It's been around a long while, but it's only been in the last few weeks I've started watching. I had heard people complaining about how stupid it was, but after watching some episodes I found myself thoroughly enjoying it. I see some inspiration from Mr. Bean, too.

I think most of us can relate to it, from both side of it's spectrum.

<object width="512" height="296 "><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/F9E1hHBIAiwrg-ETDvqIqg"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/F9E1hHBIAiwrg-ETDvqIqg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

Jim Halpert said:
The funniest part wasn't that Michael fell into the coy pond, but how long it took him to get out.

DocWhiskey

I just started watching it. My friend got me into it, so far it's really funny. I just seen the coy pond episode yesterday. Hilarious. I definitely keep watching.