More Evidence That The Rumors Are True

scifiwolf said:
God bless him. The more I see from this kid, the more I like him. He seems like the most genuinely decent young person in Hollywood right now, maybe the most genuinely decent person of any age.

Totally agree. Each time I see him interviewed (or read transcipts) he comes across as just a normal decent bloke. Excited to be in it, with a natural and dry sense of humour. Its these kind of qualities that will resonate as any of the character possiblities (younger Indy, Son of Indy, random sidekick). Aren't these traits we all appreciate in Ford that come through to and add to the character already?

Personally, I still hope he's playing Indy circa the 1920's. But if he is to be the son, then why does he need to be Ford-like in terms of bulk and adventure?

Henry Sr was professorial, unadventurous and totally unromantic.
Indy shares the unromantic side (moves from gal to gal i mean) but has a hands on approach to archeology etc.
So Junior Junior, if we must have one, should I think be totally different still. A nerd, loner, maybe even with a poetic soul. Laboeuff could play this easy. Better than having a like-father-like-son affair. Its what gave the biggest payoff in LC after all. Of course, in the end, Junior Junior will come good, find his Courage and blah blah blah.

A father-daughter dynamic would have been so much more interesting.

MsIndy07

StwongBwidge said:

Right on!! I really hope that Shia ia playing a younger Indy, we have already had a father-son duo in an Indy film. In the same token they have already had a younger Indy. Funny both of these dinamics were in the same movie, LC. So what is Old Georgy Boy thinking??

fixer79

StwongBwidge said:

True...
And if I remember correctly, Indy even had a daughter in the bookend scenes of Young Indy, didn't he? (Of course those got deleted, so they don't really count anymore)

Anyway, I'm still hoping that Shia plays a young Indy...
It could be really tricky to let Indy have a son... We've seen that so many times...
It could turn out 'end of McGyver-ish' really fast!

effin

1 in a billion that he plays young indiana. he said himself that he is a sidekick type character. what more do you need. indy's son, that's the new character arc for indy, gettin to know the son he never knew he had.

Zorg

Sure people can believe Shia's going to play a young Indy, but prepare to be surprised/disappointed/whatever when you see the film!

I'd say the chances of that happening are even less than 1 to a billion.

Johan

Does anybody else think there is a possibility he could simply be one of Indy's archeology students? I think I would prefer this over anything else.

Dr.Sartorius

Johan said:
Does anybody else think there is a possibility he could simply be one of Indy's archeology students? I think I would prefer this over anything else.

That's what I thought from the beginning. I don't know why everyone assumes he's the son.

deckard24

Yeah, the idea of Shia playing a student of Indy is a possibilty but for some reason I think the son angle is what they'll go for. The father/son dynamic is Spielberg's and Lucas' (to some degree, Luke/Vader/Anakin and his own relationship with his father) trademark, so I could really see it happening.

StwongBwidge, you said " if he is to be the son, then why does he need to be Ford-like in terms of bulk and adventure?" I agree Shia wouldn't have to be that way for this particular movie. But, if they by chance go ahead with more movies he'll have to embrace some of those traits for audiences to accept him as the new adventuring hero.

Vendetta08

Completely agree Deck, but until I see some footage, I'm still a little skeptical even though he was good in Disturbia.

Stoo

Bullwhip said:
That's a leap in logic. He was taken aback that someone knew spoiler info so that means he can't act?
I suppose I was just being a bit facetious. My point was that lying & acting both involve giving off
a false impression. Hope that explains things a little better.