Free Comic Book Day: May 1, 2010

Goonie

Free Comic book day is on May 1 this year. Any word yet if there will be any Indy comics/short stories?

yodazone

So far they announced this issue for Dark Horse:

magnusv.jpg

lao che & sons

Goonie said:
Free Comic book day is on May 1 this year. Any word yet if there will be any Indy comics/short stories?

hmmmmmmmmmmm it would be nice to see another Indy adventure is the style of the digest Indy adventures (cartoony) just like last free comic day.(y)

Goonie

Heads-up! Free comic book day is tomorrow. Don't think there is any Indy this year, but still it's free comics! (y)

Nurhachi1991

Went today got my comics. and my free warmachine figure (y) now I cant wait for Comic Con! ........................ Oh wait im not going:(

Tennessee Smith

I went today and picked up GI Joe #155 1/2. It's written by Larry Hama and supposed to take up directly after the last issue of the Marvel series... it wasn't that good... at all...

FedoraHead

Last year my local shop give me and my son all the free comic's (1 of each). Now, the store has a new owner and he would only let us get "1" comic, he said it was 1 per family! He had a stack of them and this was 7pm, not like the start of the day!

HovitosKing

Tennessee Smith said:
I went today and picked up GI Joe #155 1/2. It's written by Larry Hama and supposed to take up directly after the last issue of the Marvel series... it wasn't that good... at all...

Doc Solar/Magnus was pretty good...if nothing else it made me look forward to the upcoming release of both these "new" titles from DH this summer. Especially Doc Solar.

FedoraHead said:
Last year my local shop give me and my son all the free comic's (1 of each). Now, the store has a new owner and he would only let us get "1" comic, he said it was 1 per family! He had a stack of them and this was 7pm, not like the start of the day!

That's too bad, I'm planning on hitting my store back up later this week or next weekend to see if they've got extras they didn't give away. My guy always...always...loads me up with free comics, year-round.

indyclone25

we were able to get all of the free comics from are local shop, i guess this year they only wanted you to take five books but since we grabbed all of them ( no signing said we couldn't) he said "are you both gonna share these ?' and we said yes ,he said "ok seeya next week" i guess he didnt mind since we go in everyweek to purchase from his store ,