New Indy comic announced on Friday????

JimmyPSHayes

On DarkHorse.com they list a schedule of all the Dark Horse related panels at the San Diego Comic Con. I noticed one panel in particular:
DARK HORSE COMICS *Don't miss the biggest announcement of this year's Con!
FRIDAY, JULY 27
2:30-3:30pm
ROOM 1AB
-I also just talked to a friend of mine who's working the Con and he went to the Hasbro booth to take some pictures of the Indy figures and the Hasbro rep said that they figures won't be displayed until Friday. The same day as DH's big announcement. I'm trying not to read too much into this, but a new Indy comic announcement at that Friday panel would be a dream come true!!

Bullwhip

If there's a DH Indy comic, and they do a good and faithful job of it as they do their Conan title, then that would be fantastic.

I would love it if they took up the gap between Young Indy and Temple of Doom, when Indy gets bit by the archeology bug. I know it's been written about before, but I'd like a definitive take on it minus the cheesy relic-of-the-week stuff from the novels.

ReXX KiLLeR

You're right... :)

http://www.comicbookbin.com/movienews090.html

Dark Horse Comics is excited to announce that it has acquired the comic book rights to the world's most famous adventurer and will launch a new series in 2008. Fans can plunge themselves into the adventures of the fedora-wearing archaeologist well before then.

In February 2008, Dark Horse Comics will publish the first of two Indiana Jones Omnibuses collecting Dark Horse's previous entries in the saga. Then April sees the release of volume one of Indiana Jones Adventures—a digest-sized graphic novel designed for the enjoyment of young readers as well as adults. The Indiana Jones Adventures volumes and the Omnibuses will continue on a quarterly basis—including Omnibuses for the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles and the original Marvel run of Indiana Jones comics.

A comics adaptation of the film will be released simultaneously with the motion picture, followed immediately by an all-new Indiana Jones comics series.</br></br>

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
OMG! AWESOME!!! I can't wait to get my hands on those omnibuses, particularly the Marvel ones. I would stop searching for the originals then. I just hope I can get it in Australia. I wish that all those who are releasing merchandise, comics and novels could clarify that these products will be in Australia too. Does anyone know if any of this stuff been clarified for world wide release and import? Just want to make sure.

JimmyPSHayes

I'm guessing that most of the stuff will be world-wide releases. If not, just send me a pm, I can hook you up with the comic stuff, no problem!
-THIS IS AWESOME NEWS!!!

Andy Jones

Great news. Having never read them before, it'll be great to get all the old stories as well as having some new stuff to follow.

All we need now is for them to announce some new novels.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Exciting and confusing news! Is the graphic novel new material? If the YIJC Omnibus is the second of the two, how will they continue quarterly? Why is is Dark Horse announcing a Marvel book?

Avilos

THere are going to be 2 volumes of Omnibuses for Dark Horse's own series. But the Young Indy
and Marvel series, will get there own seperate series of omnibuses. With as yet unknown number of volumes.

Indiana Jones Adventures is going to be new ongoing quarterly specials of new material. Later on a regular (I assume) monthly series will debut some time after the movie.

Lucasfilm owns the rights to the old Indiana Jones comics outright. Even though Marvel first published them. So Lucasfilm can have anyone they want to reprint those issues. The same thing happened with the old Marvel Star Wars series. Dark Horse reprinted those as well.

Everything I was hoping for and More is happening. I am really surprised. DH has acted like they had no interest in INdy in recent years. Finally Indy IV changed their minds. OR they really did want to do more Indy comics before this and Lucasfilm made them wait for the sequel to happen.

Last edited: