If Indy 5,6,7,8,9,10 was on the cards...

No Ticket

Niteshade007 said:
I think Harrison does a great job as Indy, but when Indy IV first started being discussed on imdb, at first I sided with those on the "Indy can only be played by Harrison Ford"...then I saw pictures of Harrison, and I started to sway more towards the "who should replace him" crowd. I think it's great that Harrison is returning to play Indy, and I think that he doesn't look horrible either, especially considering that he's 65. However, I don't it's much of a testament to a particular character if only one actor can portray him "correctly."

It's got nothing to do with that. Harrison has a certain look and charm in that costume that nobody else is going to have. The character of Indiana Jones is more than just that hat and jacket though... trying to imagine someone else playing him would never work IMO. The spirit of what they were trying to do would be there, but I don't think the character would quite be there. I think it's safe to say that more than anything, it's Ford's portrayal of the character we fell in love with and not the character itself. I honestly don't think the movies would have been as good if Selleck or someone else had played him.

... that said, I think it IS kind of odd that Ford is playing him at 65... and I kind of think the movie shouldn't be made. But the fan (or kid perhaps) in me wants to see the REAL Indy on one last adventure.