Things you didn't know until many viewings!

FedoraHead

Ok, thought this could be fun and search didn't find anything on it.
Like many of you I have seen the Indy movies 100th of times I think. However it seems like sometimes I still find out some new things I didn't see, or get until later. Here some of the ones, and one I just found out yesterday!
Raiders-
-For years I thought Indy said "There's a big snake in the plane doc! I hate snakes doc, I hate 'em". It was until many years later I heard people say this "doc" was named Jock.
-For a few years I thought when Indy comes out the cave and Belloq is talking to him I thought he said "You could own them... if only you spoke Hovitos!" I never understand WHY Belloq thought Indiana would want to own a much and natives. Then after about 30th time I said "oh wait he says "you could warn them"!

Temple of Doom
-Didn't know until the early internet movie database days (like early 90s) that Dan Aykroyd was the one that showed our heros the way to the airplane!
-I didn't know this until LAST NIGHT!! At the end, when the British Indian Army come to fight I never saw that the young Indian prince (Maharajá that right?) was with the army until last night!
-Speaking of the little young Indian prince, for a long as a kid I thought it was a GIRL!! (back before VHS!)
-I thought Chattar Lal was killed during his Indy fight, that the handle's on the big wheel killed him! Then I got the VHS widescreen and, no he gets up and runs away!

So what about you?
-

Indy's brother

Something I never really thought about, and it just hit me in a "Duh!" moment several months ago. Near the end of TOD, when Indy reaches for his pistol and it's not there, I realized it was because Willie threw it out the car window during their chase scene at the beginning of the movie. I felt like an idiot for not putting it together years ago :rolleyes:

Last edited:

FedoraHead

Indy's brother said:
Something I never really thought about, and it just hit me in a "Duh!" moment several months ago. Near the end of TOD, when Indy reaches for his pistol and it's not there, I realized it was becfause Willie threw it out the car window during their chase scene at the beginning of the movie. I felt like an idiot for not putting it together years ago :rolleyes:

Well, THANK YOU!!!! Until RIGHT NOW I thought they took it from him when they captured them

Indy's brother

Glad I wasn't alone in letting that one get past me for so long ;) Oooh Willie Scott, you're just a lead anchor tied around poor Indy's neck for the whole film, aren't you...

FedoraHead

Indy's brother said:
Glad I wasn't alone in letting that one get past me for so long ;) Oooh Willie Scott, you're just a lead anchor tied around poor Indy's neck for the whole film, aren't you...
I would have thought Indy would care an extra gun with his "indy" outfit bag

Lance Quazar

Indy's brother said:
He must have gone all the way back into the caves after Blumburtt saved the day just to get his jacket back, too...

Maybe one of the freed slaves grabbed it.

I assumed it was with the gear that Shorty grabbed, but then he obviously doesn't just put in his pocket.

Joosse

FedoraHead said:
I would have thought Indy would care an extra gun with his "indy" outfit bag

Guns are pretty expensive, and I always viewed Indy's carrying of a gun as something he takes along as a precaution. To be able to defend himself, as it were.

There's plenty of other stuff that he needs to be carrying so I don't think he'd allow himself to be burdened with an extra gun.

But one does wonder where the automatic in the Raven bar came from... :confused:

Montana Smith

Joosse said:
But one does wonder where the automatic in the Raven bar came from... :confused:

Probably tucked in a pocket inside his jacket, which is why he was without it at the bridge...

I was thinking, though, that since Shanghai, he was wearing the empty holster only because the same belt held his whip keeper.

Joosse

Montana Smith said:
I was thinking, though, that since Shanghai, he was wearing the empty holster only because the same belt held his whip keeper.

Let's not forget, that since Shanghai he has hardly had time to change, never mind resupply...

Racing around Shanghai they make it to the plane. Indy then changes out of his tux and slips into 'something more comfortable.'
Then he wears the same clothes on his trip to Pankot Palace, but adds a jacket and bowtie for dinner (wich I still believe he obtained somewhere in the palace).
As he is finally getting his clothes off for bed, he is attacked, the result of wich leads him to the secret passage in Willy's room.
Then the whole capture/torture/sleep of Kali phase, during wich he doesn't change either, just takes his shirt off.

AndyLGR

Only just noticed that as belloq is talking to Dietrich and gobler as they walk through the dig, (just before toht appears with the burnt hand), that sallah walks in between them.

michael

In Temple of Doom, when Shorty and Indy are arguing about the poker game, Indy quickly says "Oh fine I quit."

But it always sounded Chinese to me, and always thought it was something else. But no, it's plain english.

HenryJunior

It took me a long time to find out about the fly that goes in Belloq's mouth in Raiders. That's true focus not to ruin a take on behalf of Paul Freeman!