Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Irfaan

HovitosKing said:
If the game keeps getting bumped back, it's going to feel sub-par once it does come out when compared to the array of nextgen products being released over the next few months. Namely, Tomb Raider: Underworld. Just sayin'. And no, I don't think the Indy game is going to surpass any of these other games in graphics, gameplay, nextgen advances, etc.

The force unleashed did, and this will certainly be better with all the improvements made to the engine

sandiegojones

All of the news regarding this game is that it takes place in 1939 after LC, but this can't be according to the art on lucasarts website. It has Indy looking at the Golden Gate being constructed, but it was finished in 1937 so perhaps this game takes place in between Raiders and LC?

The Magic Rat

I don't understand. The news on this game is back and forth all the time. I wish we'd just get a definitive answer. No game should take this long. If it's scrapped, just say so already! If it's actually going to happen, give an actual possible release date, how many times has the date changed now? :mad:

muttjones

The Magic Rat said:
I don't understand. The news on this game is back and forth all the time. I wish we'd just get a definitive answer. No game should take this long. If it's scrapped, just say so already! If it's actually going to happen, give an actual possible release date, how many times has the date changed now? :mad:

never because there has never been a date.

The Magic Rat

muttjones said:
never because there has never been a date.

If you want me to break out my old Game Informers, I will prove you wrong. It wasn't just Game Informer, either. I'm not saying there was a definitive date, but there have been many tentative dates and quarters over the past few years.

DIrishB

The Magic Rat said:
If you want me to break out my old Game Informers, I will prove you wrong. It wasn't just Game Informer, either. I'm not saying there was a definitive date, but there have been many tentative dates and quarters over the past few years.

Yeah, but those are never official release dates, just projected/possible release dates. Hell, even "official" release dates are often pushed backed. Not as bad as this game, granted.

The Force Unleashed kept getting puched and pushed and when it did come out it was a d@mn fun game (on the wii at least...had sore shoulders for 2 days after finishing it.) I just better be able to swing my wii-mote like a whip is all I'm sayin'.

The Magic Rat

DIrishB said:
Yeah, but those are never official release dates, just projected/possible release dates. Hell, even "official" release dates are often pushed backed. Not as bad as this game, granted.

Oh, I know. I've said that. It's just there really are only a few games like this to ever get this kind of treatment. Granted it's not as bad as some others, but let's hope it never ends up being a Duke Nukem Forever or Starcraft:Ghost. :(

DIrishB

The Magic Rat said:
Oh, I know. I've said that. It's just there really are only a few games like this to ever get this kind of treatment. Granted it's not as bad as some others, but let's hope it never ends up being a Duke Nukem Forever or Starcraft:Ghost. :(

Agreed. And the delays really have been pretty ridiculous. I just look forward to playing it. :whip: (y)

The Magic Rat

DIrishB said:
Agreed. And the delays really have been pretty ridiculous. I just look forward to playing it. :whip: (y)

Haha you and me both! Some day, we'll come back to this board and (hopefully) be raving about the greatest game we've played in a long time!

I know this is just a side topic, but what do you think has been the best Indy game?

Irfaan

The Magic Rat said:
I know this is just a side topic, but what do you think has been the best Indy game?

I would say "Emperors Tomb", some would disagree (i didn't play Fate of Atlantis, i only read and own the comic book).

I wasn't very fond of Infernal Machine, i played it after Emperors Tomb and i was just dissapointed with everything about it (since Emperors Tomb is so much more superior)

DIrishB

The Magic Rat said:
Haha you and me both! Some day, we'll come back to this board and (hopefully) be raving about the greatest game we've played in a long time!

Personally I prefer Emperor's Tomb, only because it is, at least in terms of controls and gameplay, the best Indy game to date. Fate of Atlantis and Inferal Machine are definitive classics, but they do show their age (especially FoA). I used to love FoA (and still do in a nostalgic sense), but I couldn't play it now and be as enthralled or interested as I used to be while playing it. I expect that won't be the case when playing Staff of Kings.

As for when we might be able to come back and discuss the game (after playing it)...within a year I think it'll be released. I don't think it'll be out in May as many sites have reported. I'm think it'll be out in September or October, instead. A little less than a year from now.

*Sigh*

The Magic Rat

DIrishB said:
Personally I prefer Emperor's Tomb, only because it is, at least in terms of controls and gameplay, the best Indy game to date. Fate of Atlantis and Inferal Machine are definitive classics, but they do show their age (especially FoA). I used to love FoA (and still do in a nostalgic sense), but I couldn't play it now and be as enthralled or interested as I used to be while playing it. I expect that won't be the case when playing Staff of Kings.

As for when we might be able to come back and discuss the game (after playing it)...within a year I think it'll be released. I don't think it'll be out in May as many sites have reported. I'm think it'll be out in September or October, instead. A little less than a year from now.

*Sigh*

You know, I love the Emperor's Tomb a ton, especially because of the great controls, but I recall thinking The Infernal Machine was just the bee's knees. It became an instant classic to me. Maybe because it was kind of the first 3D Next Gen kind of Indy you know? Even if it was the end of the 64's life...

Regarding the release date, that's a bit disappointing. I want to look on the bright side, but I think you're right. Sigh....

DIrishB

The Magic Rat said:
You know, I love the Emperor's Tomb a ton, especially because of the great controls, but I recall thinking The Infernal Machine was just the bee's knees. It became an instant classic to me. Maybe because it was kind of the first 3D Next Gen kind of Indy you know? Even if it was the end of the 64's life...

I think my opinion of Infernal Machine is unfair, as I only ever played the PC version. I prefer console controls over mouse/keyboard on the PC, so I have a feeling that if I'd owned an N64 and played Infernal Machine on it instead of my computer, my rating and opinion of the game would be higher than it is.

Regarding the release date, that's a bit disappointing. I want to look on the bright side, but I think you're right. Sigh....

The wait sucks, but I'll be satisfied as long as it DOES come out. And as long as it does, as said, I'm sure it'll be out within the year. (y)

The Magic Rat

DIrishB said:
I think my opinion of Infernal Machine is unfair, as I only ever played the PC version. I prefer console controls over mouse/keyboard on the PC, so I have a feeling that if I'd owned an N64 and played Infernal Machine on it instead of my computer, my rating and opinion of the game would be higher than it is.

You know, I would be in the same position. I usually don't like computer games due to the controls, and I can only imagine how frustrating some of the game play would be on the comp. I can tell you this much, my favorite N64 memories consist of the Infernal Machine and a few select others. I don't know if it's in anyway an accurate statement, but the game feels like it was built for the 64, so I think it plays excellently.

Concerning the game-I can't wait, man, I can't wait. (y)

Irfaan

No wonder! I played the PC version to Infernal Machine, i went far but i really disliked it. I found it cluncy, unresponsive, horrible combat and a laughable plot (from how much i played). I found the emperors tomb to be much better.

Lego Indiana Jones is a fun game, but nothing to be really excited about. It's fun to play with my niece and nephew, and it's in short bursts which makes it more approachable. I loved collecting all the achievements too, they are brilliantly named, click here to see them! They are absolutely fantastic, and if your a big big Indiana Jones fan like me you too would want to collect them too.

By the way if you like Indiana Jones and would like to play online with me or just have a chat on all things Indiana Jones them add me on XBLive my gamertag is: FlagshipFighter

:D Thanks!