Indy 5 Villain?

Montana Smith

replican't said:
If Indiana Jones 5 finally gets made, it will need a villain that is truly Harrison Ford's equal:

Ann Widdecombe.

Ann Widdecombe is more than a match for most men.

_50331257_ann_anton_bbc.jpg

Once defeated, hiding the evidence would also be problematic:

Strictly-Come-Dancing-006.jpg

Dr. Gonzo

Stoo said:
Dr. Gonzo, Pale Horse & I have been talking about Indy fighting the Hells Angels at the Altamont festival (1969) in this thread: Disney Disgust

Having Mutt as the villain has been mentioned before but Altamont provides a scenario. Extrapolating upon Dr. Gonzo's idea: Mutt joins the Hells Angels who are then hired as security at Altamont. Indy is there because he is a fan of Carlos Santana. At some point before The Rolling Stones take the stage, Indy unknowingly drinks a beverage laced with acid/LSD and becomes convinced that the Shroud of Turin is rolled up and hidden inside Charlie Watts' bass drum. It must be retrieved immediately so Indy fights his way to the front of the crowd and battles with the Hells Angels in an attempt to get onstage. In the process, he is blocked by his own son who says, "You ain't goin' nowhere, old man!". Fisticuffs ensue with Mutt getting severely pummeled by his dad in an interweaving of violence & drama.

I'd see that movie.

And now Indiana Jones' ENEMY revealed...

Darth-Vader_Mickey-Mouse-Ears.jpeg

Kai Hagen

Major General Phan Công Đạo of the NVA:

How Indy encounters him: The year is 1969. A Vietnamese entrepreneur in America, named Trần Văn Dũng, asks Indy for help. It is a few months after the Tet Offensive, and Trần Văn Dũng is rightly concerned that the U.S. army will withdraw from Vietnam. He wants Indy to save two important relics in Huế, Vietnam. He offers to pay Indy enough. When Indy refuses, Trần Văn Dũng tries to encourage Indy that the NVA and especially the Viet Cong are weakened from their offensive. When Indy still refuses, Trần Văn Dũng tells him that there is another request. His daughter has become missing in Huế ever since the Tet Offensive. He pleads for her rescue. Indy agrees to help.

Little do they know that one of the NVA units escaped without heavy losses during their own offensive. The major general of that army unit is Phan Công Đạo. He is planning on a rogue mission to pillage the Imperial City in Huế because the communists consider it as "relics from the feudal regime". Major General Phan Công Đạo devises a diversionary smaller attack on the Khe Sanh American base, which is not far from Huế.

This incident is kept top secret by both sides because of what the relics represent..... Or because of the outcome of the movie...... Or something......

Kai Hagen

He goes to discover that one of the relics are missing. A local who helped French archaeologists nearly a decade earlier told Indy that the French took the relic and shipped it to France. Indy rescues Trần Văn Dũng's daughter and they fly to France. In Paris, they learn that the ship that had the relic disappeared near Djibouti. Indy and his new friends fly to that region to investigate. They realize that the ship went near the Suez Canal for an unknown reason. The Suez Canal was under Egyptian blockade at this time.......

Montana Smith

Danny_razor_tight.jpg

Danny Trejo will be older than Indy by the time Indy 5 is made.

Who's up for seeing two old geezers going for each other's throats? (No propellers, ore crushers or ants permitted).

Kai Hagen

Sounds good!

I forgot to mention that Indy's son has become a hippie. Marion disapproves of her son's new girlfriend who dresses like a Navajo and is often high. Marion disapproves of her fashion despite Marion being part Navajo herself. Marion also disapproves of her blonde hair because Marion hates blonde girls. This is why Indy never mentioned Elsa to Marion until.....I'll think about that later. Indy and Marion return to America and they visit her mother who is full Navajo. Marion hears words of wisdom from her mom. There is mom-daughter rebonding. Then Marion meets her son's girlfriend and there is mom-son's girlfriend bonding.

Last edited:

Kai Hagen

Kai Hagen said:
Sounds good!

I forgot to mention that Indy's son has become a hippie. Marion disapproves of her son's new girlfriend who dresses like a Navajo and is often high. Marion disapproves of her fashion despite Marion being part Navajo herself. Marion also disapproves of her blonde hair because Marion hates blonde girls. This is why Indy never mentioned Elsa to Marion until.....I'll think about that later. Indy and Marion return to America with Trần Văn Dũng and his daughter with Elsa and her Jordanian boyfriend. Indy and Marion visit Marion's mother who is full Navajo. Marion hears words of wisdom from her mom. There is mom-daughter rebonding. Then Marion meets her son's girlfriend and there is mom-son's girlfriend bonding.
I wish I could edit old posts. This post isn't even that old.

Last edited:

lancasterjames

I was disappointed in the fourth one that they didn't bring the Nazis back. Now, one can easily say it's the '50s, so the Nazis are past. But the ironic thing is, the movie went to the very place where ex-Nazis were hiding, South America! They could do some sort of Boys from Brazil thing, or have the Nazis trying to have a come-back. I hate to say go back to South America, but... Go back to South America and fight resurgent Nazis!

But I think the greater issue is sort of the opposite, though one that would never be considered by George or Steven and many of the fans, but I feel it just the same, who should be the new hero.

I'm not saying replace Indy, but rather, replace Harrison. I hate to say that. Harrison's awesome. No one could ever replace him. Just like no one could ever replace Sean Connery as James Bond... but they did. They were smart enough to realize when they were past their prime, and rather than pushing him as an old guy who can't do as much, they kept the franchise going with a new Bond, one who could continue to be our hero, and even brought his own spin to it.

This is especially apropos for this series since it started when Steven wanted to do a James Bond series. They should keep it going in the same light. Sorry Harrison. You're awesome, and like Connery, no one will ever truly replace you. But we need a new Indy.

So what I recommend is they go back to just after the war, recast Indy, and have him go to South America to fight ex-Nazis trying to bring back the Third Reich... And monkeys. Gotta fight monkeys. :whip:

kongisking

lancasterjames said:
I was disappointed in the fourth one that they didn't bring the Nazis back. Now, one can easily say it's the '50s, so the Nazis are past. But the ironic thing is, the movie went to the very place where ex-Nazis were hiding, South America! They could do some sort of Boys from Brazil thing, or have the Nazis trying to have a come-back. I hate to say go back to South America, but... Go back to South America and fight resurgent Nazis!

But I think the greater issue is sort of the opposite, though one that would never be considered by George or Steven and many of the fans, but I feel it just the same, who should be the new hero.

I'm not saying replace Indy, but rather, replace Harrison. I hate to say that. Harrison's awesome. No one could ever replace him. Just like no one could ever replace Sean Connery as James Bond... but they did. They were smart enough to realize when they were past their prime, and rather than pushing him as an old guy who can't do as much, they kept the franchise going with a new Bond, one who could continue to be our hero, and even brought his own spin to it.

This is especially apropos for this series since it started when Steven wanted to do a James Bond series. They should keep it going in the same light. Sorry Harrison. You're awesome, and like Connery, no one will ever truly replace you. But we need a new Indy.

So what I recommend is they go back to just after the war, recast Indy, and have him go to South America to fight ex-Nazis trying to bring back the Third Reich... And monkeys. Gotta fight monkeys. :whip:

I like your daft thinking, Jimbo. You'll get a ton of hate from the folks here, but I think your logic is sound. Really, at this point, Ford is never gonna get another chance at playing Indy on-screen in an official film. The only way to keep this franchise alive is to reinvent it.

And why the heck not? As you said, even Bond needed to evolve with the times too. If you want your icon to stay relevant and popular with audiences, you need to regularly update him, or risk him becoming totally outdated. That's why we still have Bond even decades later: because he is a character that is perfectly pliable to the times.

Indy may be more difficult, seeing as he's based mostly in pulp adventure, but Uncharted proved you can still do that style in a modern-day context. So, let's all stop being stubbornly clingy to the past, and be progressive for a change, fanboys.

P.S. I'm afraid Nazis indeed have been "plumb worn out." If not in the films themselves, definitely in the EU.

Henry W Jones

kongisking said:
I like your daft thinking, Jimbo. You'll get a ton of hate from the folks here, but I think your logic is sound. Really, at this point, Ford is never gonna get another chance at playing Indy on-screen in an official film. The only way to keep this franchise alive is to reinvent it.

And why the heck not? As you said, even Bond needed to evolve with the times too. If you want your icon to stay relevant and popular with audiences, you need to regularly update him, or risk him becoming totally outdated. That's why we still have Bond even decades later: because he is a character that is perfectly pliable to the times.

Indy may be more difficult, seeing as he's based mostly in pulp adventure, but Uncharted proved you can still do that style in a modern-day context. So, let's all stop being stubbornly clingy to the past, and be progressive for a change, fanboys.

P.S. I'm afraid Nazis indeed have been "plumb worn out." If not in the films themselves, definitely in the EU.

Uncharted proved a reboot is unnecessary. Just make a new adventure film with a new character. It does not have to be Indiana Jones. Just because Bond recasted doesn't make it a great idea. Look how many bad Bond films there are. I would prefer the quit with Harrison.

ListenLiveLong

I think that IJ 5 should have Nazis. I've noticed a trend in the IJ movies, one with Nazis, the next one without, and that I'd like for it to continue following that pattern.

RKORadio

Montana Smith said:
Is there room for a ménage à trois with another blond (and potential villain) whom Indy forgot to mention?

479974923_60133d8eaf.jpg

That little girl next to the blonde muscle-bound twonk probably thought "when they said this ballet class would have boys, I didn't know they meant this!"