Indiana Jones Magazine!

Stoo

Les, that would be perfect! Guess what I found in my laptop bag over the weekend? An addressed envelope to YOU with the 3 Swiss Indy scratchcards! They've been hiding there since last summer!:eek: Thanks for coiming to the rescue. That is great.:D

P.S. Good luck with Dan Aykroyd today! (I think it's today.)

Stoo said:
Les, that would be perfect! Guess what I found in my laptop bag over the weekend? An addressed envelope to YOU with the 3 Swiss Indy scratchcards! They've been hiding there since last summer!:eek: Thanks for coiming to the rescue. That is great.:D

P.S. Good luck with Dan Aykroyd today! (I think it's today.)

I'd forgotten all about those!

Met Dan Aykroyd and he signed my Temple of Doom photo. He's a super nice guy!!! The photo is shown on our site.

Last edited:

iLibrarian

Indiana Jones Official Magazine

Ok, so I am a little late, but I am thinking about buying the Indiana Jones the Official Magazines. The question I have is: should I? Are they worth it for me to acquire them? What does everybody think about them?

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Merged.

I read Issues 1, 2 and 6 thanks to the digital stuff thread. 6 had a morsel from the April 1980 draft of Raiders not found in the Complete Making Of book or the available scripts:
Belloq's eyes have disintegrated, the sockets suddenly turned to black holes. Dietrich and his men are already eyeless, but now their skin and bone dissolves before us, not peeling or shattering but rather crumbling into fine pieces, collapsing on itself. And finally, turning into a fine, dry dust that blows away in the whipping vortex of the Ark's storm. And then, as suddenly as it began, it ends! The lid of the ark slams shut.
Do issues 3, 4 or 5 reveal any peeks at the scripts?

Stoo

Hi, Moedred. Did a quick scan of #6 and can't find the part you're referring to but there is a 3-part article in #3, 4 & 5 about the deleted Shanghai sequence form "Raiders". They use the storyboards (which *were* posted at the Official Site before the new movie came out) as well as some text. Very little dialogue but a lot of description. I still have my doubts about these...:eek:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Apparently The Art of Adventure: Opening the Ark was from issue 2. April 1980 was the fifth and not the fourth drafts as they claimed, unless the Complete Making Of book is wrong. So Raiders of the Lost Scene was stretched across the next three issues? That's kind of pathetic. I suppose they used the third draft we've got. Ah well, thanks for the briefing! (The picture viewer won't show the storyboards in the archive, by the way.)

superado

Hello, apologies for resurrecting this old thread. Because of the new movie I’ve taken out my collection of the IJ Official Magazine. The photo I included is from Previews Magazine and the advertised content for the 6th and final issue is different from my copy. If you notice, the Previews cover states, “ …an exclusive interview with producer Robert Watts on casting Sean Connery, a guide to the Indy rides and attractions… “ My copy does feature Robert Watts on TOD, but not those stated features. Am I missing something, like maybe there’s an exclusive (Previews) version with this content? My OCD for Indy won’t let me put it to rest!
STK385910

Lao_Che

At least part of 6's content was intended for issue 3 (like the Karen Allen cover story). There's an apology somewhere in there about having to postpone the Watts interview so it seems the Last Crusade aspect got lost along the way/in the shuffle.

Gobi-1

Considering how much of the magazine market has died since 2008 it is incredibly unlikely we'll see a relaunch of The Official Magazine but I am hoping we get a movie special magazine. Titan Magazine puts out special movie "bookzines" for Star Wars and the MCU so I hope we get one (or more) for Indiana Jones.