The Complete Making of Indiana Jones

SterankoII

On page 283 there's a small picture of Stan Winston talking to Spielberg on the set of Indy IV. His studio made the Roswell alien corpse stolen by the Russians, the python in the quicksand scene and the Crystal skull itself.

jason10mm

Finished it yesterday. Alas, the latter films get increasingly superficial overviews, but it is still a great read!

I am AMAZED that the movies came out as good as they did. Some of those plot ideas seem terrible. The whole talking monkey king thing seems ridiculous, as does a haunted castle and Indy doing crime solving. I can understand now the contributions of Spielberg and Ford in reigning in Lucas' stronger impulses :p

I'm beginning to think that Indy as I know him is a product of rushed schedules, on-set impromptu ad-libs, and poor special effects :p

JTKenobi

I thought this was a great release even though, like many here, I would have liked to have a bit more on TOD & TLC. I also don't like it when they call things like this 'complete'. If there is ever another movie (crossing fingers) it won't be complete. Kind of like the SW Encyclopedia. Anyway, great book and worth it for the pictures alone.

If anyone still needs this book, I have an extra copy of the HARDCOVER version which I had to get from overseas (I am in the US). It's brand new. Feel free to PM me if interested. :)

The Lone Raider

By J.W. Rinzler

Does anyone own this book? I remember checking it out at the library several times as a kid, after the fourth movie came out, and now I own a copy. It is truly amazing.

Also, does anyone think an updated version, or at least something similar, will be published for Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny?

metalinvader

Unfortunately,Rinzler has so died,So I cant see them updating it....but no doubt Lucasfilm will put out an art of/making of book for  Dial like they have with all their SW projects.

I can't wait to see all the concept art,Love that stuff.

The Lone Raider

Unfortunately,Rinzler has so died,So I cant see them updating it....but no doubt Lucasfilm will put out an art of/making of book for  Dial like they have with all their SW projects.

I can't wait to see all the concept art,Love that stuff.
Oh, I had no idea he died...that's really unfortunate. ☹️

Gobi-1

After the untimely and unfortunate passing of J.W. Rinzler I also don't see them updating The Complete Making of Indiana Jones. I certainly want to see a making of the Dial of Destiny book but more than that I would love to see each film get their own individual volume.

indy-lucas-50

I know Rinzler wanted to do a book per film but they didn’t want that. A shame. Still, a great book.

that would've been so awesome. makes me think back to the "Lucas Books" days where there was content for everything across different publishers. now it's just glossed over or consolidated under the "Disney Press" banner.

If you don't have this book get it. It's great.:gun:

without a doubt, one of the greatest Indy Jones books ever published. (y)