Raiders Adaptation Book Release

C_Strompolos

Dear Friends, Colleagues, and Faithful Enthusiasts of RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK: THE ADAPTATION,

We have very exciting news and a BIG favor to ask.

First, the news.

Our book is being published!

It's called RAIDERS! The Story Of The Greatest Fan Film Ever Made - and it's the story of the making of our movie as well as the behind-the-scenes, never-told-before story of our lives, warts and all.

It comes out November 13. The author is Alan Eisenstock and the publisher is Thomas Dunne (an imprint of St. Martin's Press).

We love it! The book is hilarious, emotional, exciting, and inspiring. It?s nonfiction but reads like a novel. After 30 years of friendship, I actually found out stuff about my best friend that I never knew? and vice-versa! You know of many incredible true ?ups? to our story. Be warned, there?s also parts where? it gets dark. We didn't hold back with Alan.

Daniel Clowes (Ghost World) read the manuscript and wrote, "A super-charged (parents: read with caution!) mini-epic that replaces Hollywood dazzle with something far more compelling: the agony and ecstasy of raw adolescent delirium."

And Harry Knowles (Ain't It Cool News) Tweeted: "Raiders! by Alan Eisenstock is so going to own me. I feel it already."

Okay, the favor. :)

What will ultimately make or break this book?s future.

Would you, as a personal favor? pre-order it now?

Yes, I know, the book doesn't come out for 7 months.

But in the uncertain literary world, apparently the key to success -- is having people buy the book before it comes out.

The more pre-orders = better chance the book has to be a Bestseller.

Conversely, if we don't get a lot of pre-orders, few copies will be printed, and the book will die.

That's where you come in, again, the favor.

If you buy it now, your pre-order will be counted that first crucial week. The more pre-orders? the more our publisher will get behind us, the more the world will notice us, the more the NY Times Bestseller list has a chance of noticing us.

To help us? and to pre-order our book? simply click on the link below -- then ?Pre-Order: Add to Cart?

http://www.amazon.com/Raiders-Story...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1333844434&sr=1-1

In return for doing us this really big favor, in addition to our everlasting gratitude, we make you 2 promises:

(1) you will get the book at a significant discount, around $15 per hardcover copy (normally $26), and
(2) you will enjoy a really incredible read in November.

And when RAIDERS! hits the New York Times Bestseller list in November, it will be because of you.

A heartfelt thank you for any and all support you can give.

Best wishes,

Chris Strompolos
Rolling Boulder Films
Producer - Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Adaptation

Vanity Fair article :D
http://www.theraider.net/films/raiders_adaptation/downloads/vanityfair_article.pdf

Turner Classic Movies segment: (y)
http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/187535/TCM-Fanatic-TCM-Original-Raiders.html

Stoo

Chris, I'm all for it.:) I am a very big BIG fan of what you & your friends did with recreating "Raiders". (I'm the guy who invited you up to the Montreal Fantasia Film Festival, even though it didn't work out. Maybe next year?)

Good luck to you and your book...(y)

InexorableTash

Pre-Ordered!

I was lucky enough to attend a screening of Raiders: The Adaptation in Seattle back in 2004 or so, surprising my wife who had no idea what we were going to see. (This was well before my descent into fandom madness.) I believe Chris hosted, and did some Q&A with the audience. It was a delight to watch and hear some of the behind-the-scenes details. How many attempts did it take to make a boulder? How close did you get to burning the house down? Was the cut scene a lack of resources or an artistic decision?

I'm sure the book will be just as entertaining.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.scholastic.com/browse/article.jsp?id=3749775
Just stumbled across this 2008 Scholastic article with a photo of Spielberg et al...
sn_raiders_broder_fixed3.jpg

InexorableTash

Those crazy kids (and their meddling dog, RIP) are within spitting distance of their Kickstarter goal. I pledged! Go help 'em geek out one more time the way you wish you could.