Back to the Future

Stoo said:
Hi, indyclonejr. If you get a chance to talk to Claudia Wells, could you (or your dad) please mention to her the short-lived "Herbie, The Love Bug" TV series from 1982. She played the daughter of Dean Jones' love interest in all 5 episodes. The series was a failure but would love to hear what she has to say about it (+ being associated with 2 iconic, film cars).

Okay we'll tell her.

Stoo said:
Hi, indyclonejr. If you get a chance to talk to Claudia Wells, could you (or your dad) please mention to her the short-lived "Herbie, The Love Bug" TV series from 1982. She played the daughter of Dean Jones' love interest in all 5 episodes. The series was a failure but would love to hear what she has to say about it (+ being associated with 2 iconic, film cars).

I met her last night and she said it was fun being in herbie the love bug.

Chicago Jones

I got to meet The Doc. He was a zombie. The event was very disorganized and the "body guards" or whatever herded, pushed, poked us in every direction.

indyclone25

she also said that dean jones talked to her alot about christ --- she sort of laughed it off after she said that meaning she sure didnt like that everyday during that time ---but she was very hot looking --- i have pics nothing real close as they wern't letting folks take pics next to the actors since they were 100's of fans there . i will post pics soon tho

indyclone25

here are some of the pics taken at the back to the future reunion at the hollywood palms theater in naperville il feb.27th
claudia wells
michaelsbirthday031-1.jpg

lea thompson
michaelsbirthday031-2.jpg

james tolkan
michaelsbirthday027.jpg

indyclone25

doc and getting into the car

i was watching bttf again and i can kick my own butt , but i never noticed this before , when doc pulls the delorean out of the truck when marty gets there , how did doc get into the car? i mean the car pulls out and it is so close to the walls of the van or truck , so even the gullwing doors wont open in there , so how did doc get in there ?

Canyon

I have a question for you all.

Has anyone here seen the original movie in the cinema, back in 1985?

I did (I was 12 at the time) and I loved the movie! :whip: (y)

InexorableTash

indyclone25 said:
i was watching bttf again and i can kick my own butt , but i never noticed this before , when doc pulls the delorean out of the truck when marty gets there , how did doc get into the car? i mean the car pulls out and it is so close to the walls of the van or truck , so even the gullwing doors wont open in there , so how did doc get in there ?

To refute a common myth: DeLorean gullwing doors actually require less clearance to open than regular doors; only 11" inches. (Or 14" depending on what source you refer too.) The BTTF films unrealistically portray them as having a wide swing for dramatic effect (e.g. Doc taking out Biff in BTTF2).

That said, I haven't paid attention to the scene in question; it's probably movie magic. :)

Montana Smith

InexorableTash said:
To refute a common myth: DeLorean gullwing doors actually require less clearance to open than regular doors; only 11" inches. (Or 14" depending on what source you refer too.) The BTTF films unrealistically portray them as having a wide swing for dramatic effect (e.g. Doc taking out Biff in BTTF2).

That said, I haven't paid attention to the scene in question; it's probably movie magic. :)

They were lucky that the doors actually opened at all. After all, it was a DeLorean, one of the worst and most unrelaible cars, which was the biggest joke/paradox of the film.

Last edited:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Blu-ray trilogy due in October. It includes storyboards based on the 1981 first draft in which they nuke the fridge: "Nuclear Test Site Ending Storyboard Sequence: Storyboard sequence of the original proposed ending of the film."

Here's a better poster for part III, by the way.

Canyon

Back to the Future 25th anniversary UK release

Today, I went to see the new version of the Karate Kid, and it turned out to be a pretty good movie. :D

On coming out of the theatre, I saw a BTTF poster and it took me a few seconds to realise that this year, there is going to be a re-release of this movie. I believe that the date will be 1st October 2010. For those of you who live in the UK, this was at a Showcase cinema, and I'm not sure if they are just showing it there, or whether it's just in the UK. I've had a look on the web, but can't seem to find any mention of this but I can't imagine them not showing it in the US. :whip:

I originally saw the movie in it's original 1985 year of release. I was twelve years old at the time, and fell in love with the movie and had to wait forever to get it on VHS. :)

Major Eaton

That is great. There is a trailer here for the re-release. Unfortunately, there will be no US release. You're lucky! It also goes on to say...

Source said:
The two-week engagement will be presented digitally, utilizing the new digital HD transfer of the film created for the upcoming Blu-ray Disc boxed set release, playing in approximately 200 theaters across the U.K. Unfortunately, there are no plans to re-release the film to theaters in any other country at this time, including the United States.

Apparently, you can watch it as many times as you want in a two week period. I'm buying the blu ray on 10/26, no question.:D

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Netflix is unfortunately the only place to see the Amazing Stories episode Go the Head of the Class. It's inseparable in my mind from the trilogy. Directed by Robert Zemeckis in 1986, music by Alan Silvestri, written by Bob Gale, starring Christopher Lloyd. (Then cruise over to Mummy Daddy from season one for a great Spielberg impression by Bronson Pinchot and music by Danny Elfman.) Happy Halloween!
http://www.netflix.com/WiPlayer?movieid=70083675