Indy 4 Deleted Scenes

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
My old videos and photos from the production in New Haven had shots of the campus and chase scenes taken June 21-July 6, 2007.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
More emerge:

img446.jpg

img445.jpg

XanaduEli

Putting into consideration that Spalko was seen to be this malicious person. I honestly didnt really notice anything in the movie that proved that. She threatened to kill a lot but in all honesty Dovchenko was the one that would have made a better villain. Compared to the previous villains she really lacked. I mean Toht almost tortured Marion with a poker and Mola Ram tore out hearts. If these deleted scenes were to have been included: I.e The scenes with mac at the start amd when she tells him of the rabbit experiment. They would have done wonders for character development. For her and Mac.

Udvarnoky

I'm okay with Spalko being someone who delegates murder/torture to underlings rather than getting her own hands dirty; she was designed as that kind of villain. It's just that neither Dovchenko (a character I liked) nor any of the other Russians really picked up the slack in the menace department. The movie was in sore need of a memorable baddie who was sadistic rather than just blandly ruthless.

The deleted scene where Mac is threatened doesn't really improve this because it's soon revealed that Mac was with the Russians anyway. I think the importance of that scene, rather, was that it depicted Indy not helping the Russians willingly. In the final cut Spielberg saves some time but gives the audience the problematic impression that Indy puts up no fight. That's not really in line with his character, which is what led some people into thinking that maybe he was leading the Russians on a wild goose chase or tricking them in some way with the gunpowder business, only to learn that, no, he really was just helping them out and his big scheme was to punch some guy when he wasn't looking.

XanaduEli

Speaking of punching I could swear I saw Mutt punch Irina in one of the making of videos. Would have been interesting if they kept that in..

DOOMSTOWNFRIDGE

Some of the script i suspect was written out in order to not offend its censor rating,the Novel mentions several SPALKO scenes that didnt make the film version most notably because i reckon Spielberg didnt want to make her a 'sexy villain' which he explained in the making of book ,which is understandable when you read the scenes that were or were not filmed
(I) Spalko practising sword techniques in front of a fire in her vest, dripping in sweat,Dovchenko watches from view

(II)Spalko reading Macs mind,he asks her what am i thinking of now ''besides the obvious'' then going on to the 'kill you any moment i feel the need', the first line doesn't need further explanation ;) ,also the rabbit experiments could of really helped with character building,making her cold and ruthless to the watcher, a real shame all this was cut.

(III)A scene in the swordfight between Spalko and Mutt,according to the book in mid battle Mutt is temporarily frozen in awe when Spalkos uniform comes undone...(i doubt Spielberg even filmed this)

(IV)The Mutt scene with the piranha fish caught on his hand before the '3 times it drops' can be viewed in the photographic book,one where he is screaming and another which he is joking with Spielberg.(im glad this was left out)

Stoo

DOOMSTOWNFRIDGE said:
(IV)The Mutt scene with the piranha fish caught on his hand before the '3 times it drops' can be viewed in the photographic book,one where he is screaming and another which he is joking with Spielberg.(im glad this was left out)
Great news! I know which book you're referring to but I didn't buy it during the flurry of 2008/09. Now you've increased my desire to own it! Any additional, South American river scenes are welcome, whether they are goofy or not.

Thanks for the information and WELCOME TO THE RAVEN, DOOMSTOWNFRIDGE!!!:hat::whip:

---
@Moedred: WONDERFUL & STUPENDOUS job! Hats off!:hat: Too much to comment on over the past month but your coolest compilation is with the crystal cones!(y) Your efforts are one of those reasons why I love The Raven so much.(y)

If you want, I can provide some additional, train-station images for the gallery...

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
DOOMSTOWNFRIDGE said:

cut-1_zpsd2c33838.jpg

Imcut_zpsc3a48d60.jpg

Stoo

DOOMSTOWNFRIDGE said:
(im glad this was left out)
Now that the ever-reliable JuniorJones has graciously posted the photos, I agree with you. The idea of having piranhas in an Indy movie is good but not this way. It looks like a comedic moment rather than a treacherous one and it would have been yet another gag with Mutt & a critter. (If the fish had attacked Mac, the scene might have been less goofy.)

Having just ONE piranha seems kind of odd, too.

Thanks, JJ!:hat: Your fountain of eye candy is always a pleasure to behold. Now Moedred can add them to the Raider.net page.
Mickiana said:
See the gun? Can someone just swing it 180 deg and pull the trigger?:gun:
Nasty!:p

Last edited:

DOOMSTOWNFRIDGE

Stoo said:
Now that the ever-reliable JuniorJones has graciously posted the photos, I agree with you. The idea of having piranhas in an Indy movie is good but not this way. It looks like a comedic moment rather than a treacherous one and it would have been yet another gag with Mutt & a critter. (If the fish had attacked Mac, the scene might have been less goofy.)

Having just ONE piranha seems kind of odd, too.

Thanks, JJ!:hat: Your fountain of eye candy is always a pleasure to behold. Now Moedred can add them to the Raider.net page.
Nasty!:p

The character of Mutt just seems to be advanced at other character expenses,surely a whip vs rapier battle scene would of been better than rapier vs rapier and comic relief with his nuts getting smashed by plants :D I Understand Spielberg had a crush on his new star he found,but when the scenes like the tarzan swing and the Marlon Brando entrance gets filmed its too much.