Oh yeah! Raiders on the big screen in my town!

Yep. Raiders of the Lost Ark is going to be at the Louisville Palace Theater this August for the Classic Movies Series that they have every year. I will hopefully be going with some friends! This has only happened maybe once or twice in my lifetime of thirteen years!

P.S. To kick off the series, Lawrence of Arabia will be there the first weekend in July! *jumps around giddy with excitement over the whole thing*

Canyon

Fantastic! Not only did I get to see the Indy triolgy on the big screen on May 5th. I also got to see Raiders AGAIN on the big screen on May 17th! Check it out!
http://www.theraider.net/theraven/showthread.php?threadid=4266&pagenumber=1

(Before this I had never ever seen Raiders on the big screen so you can imagine how excited I was!) :D

Shrug.jpg

Canyon

Ben, Raiders is my all time favourite movie and there are so many great parts of that film which look fantastic on a big screen, so here goes...

I did notice some things that I don't normally see on the VHS tapes. When Indy realises that Marion is alive, I could have sworn I could see tears on Indy's face, which I thought was great as it shows how much he cares for her. Another thing I noticed was when Indy falls into the Well of Souls, the glass between Harrison and the snake is not visible, which makes you wonder why you can see it on VHS.

At the end, just after the Ark lid comes down and Marion and Indy hug, keep any eye out for the Ark as it almost seems to glow.

Generally, the greatest parts are the whole opening sequence, and especially when Indy runs from the boulder, the fight scene in Marion's bar, generally all the fight scenes, not to mention the whole Indy shooting Arab assassin scene! The scene where Indy goes after the Ark truck is fantastic to see on the big screen and along with John Williams' score, it's magnificent! Oh, and not forgetting the scene where Katanga and his men are looking for Indy, and our hero appears on a submarine, the crowd cheers, JW's score is thundering away *sigh*.... and the end sequence is just superb!

Hope you have a FANTASTIC time! :D

Cool! Looks like I'll have some neat things to look for! :D It's not for sure that I'll be able to see it, but I', hoping I will. I might see it with some friends from my church, so if I do go, it should be lots of fun!

It seems like a long way off, but it's amazing how quickly this year is going by. It'll be here before I know it! In the meantime, next weekend I'm going on a camping trip with my youth group, so I'll let you know if I have any neat Indy-esque experiences!

Canyon

Oh, I've also remembered some other things which I noticed when seeing Raiders on the big screen.

The scene where Indy is in the map room and the sun shines through the headpiece of the staff of Ra is stunning, as it almost seems to light up the whole room.

The other thing I noticed is when Indy and Sallah get the Ark out from it's resting place. As they do, watch the expression on Indy's face. He has the most wonderful look on his face and you get to see more of this on the big screen, than you do on video tapes.

That's all I can think of at the moment. If I remember any more, I'll let you know. :D