General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Indy's brother

TheFedora said:
they will probably want to wait until they start doing star wars promotion to announce anything Indy related.

Nailed it. Indy will be making an appearance in some form or another sooner than later, but with these two FRANCHISES (the accepted term for people without a large, uncomfortable stick up their butt) being such heavy hitters, it would make little sense to detract attention from one by bringing up another. Great insight, Fedora. :hat:

IndyForever

Spielberg is currently filming with Tom Hanks in NY so he is not available to talk Indy 5 for a few more months as he usually films 2 movies back to back in recent years. I do not think Spielberg will ever return to Indy now & Lucas was spotted a few days ago with Leonard Nimoy!...somehow I doubt the conversation was about Nimoy & Indiana Jones unless he wants to be the macguffin ;)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...lberg-fourth-movie-new-Cold-War-thriller.html

http://www.treknews.net/2014/09/09/leonard-nimoy-george-lucas-star-wars/

Stoo

curmudgeon said:
Regardless of any film announcements (whatever form another film may take) I'd love to hear more about what kind of financial participation Paramount would receive. (Royalties? An advance fee per film?)
Curmudgeon, please check out this thread:

Disney vs. Paramount

Turam Turinbar said:
If I know harrison this little set back will just make him more determined to do Indy 5, he's got dameged his entire career. He's as tough as old boots, he would probably need a stunt man for the next one get Vic Armstrong back to do the stunts again..and we are good to go, those two look like twins anyway.
Hate to break it to you but Vic Armstrong doesn't do stunts anymore.:rolleyes: He co-ordinates them now... but doesn't actually do them himself. Since this is a thread about rumours & POSSIBILITIES, it's safe to say that there is no possibility of Vic being a 'stuntman' for Indy 5.
TheFedora said:
When I look up Indiana Jones in 'google news'
You actually do this?:eek:
Indy's brother said:
Nailed it. Indy will be making an appearance in some form or another sooner than later, but with these two FRANCHISES (the accepted term for people without a large, uncomfortable stick up their butt) being such heavy hitters, it would make little sense to detract attention from one by bringing up another. Great insight, Fedora. :hat:
Where is the "great insight"?:confused: Nothing on earth is going to detract attention from the new "Star Wars" film. One thing for sure is that many Indy 5 clamourers have really absurd & illogical thoughts.

Speaking of "little sense", your 'franchises' comment makes ZERO sense. See here:

FranchiseCartoon_small_zps0269cab9.jpg

Last edited:

IndyForever

Pale Horse said:
A Star Trek/Indiana Jones Crossover! Now we're talking!
Already done Interdimensional beings ;) how about City On The Edge Of Forever Indy travels through it & ends up in the Bermuda Triangle (one of Lucas's rumoured actual Indy 5 storylines :eek: ) meets Spock who is also trapped & the 2 of them talk logic then solve the mystery!

kongisking

Pale Horse said:
I can see it now. Stuck in the Well of Souls indy hesitantly looks up and says: "Beam me up, Sallah."

"Of all the Well of Souls I have encountered, this one was the *voice breaks* most...human."

kongisking

Gear said:
Am I the only one who doesn't get this? :eek:

They don't bother keeping up the appearance of not being dorks?

I don't get it either, honestly. I'm assuming its some Monty Python-level complex wit at play that I'm just not grasping.

TheFedora

Pale Horse said:
Google. Just how many Pulitzer and Peabody awards has Google News received for 'their' journalistic endeavors?

Well to be absolutely fair, the sources I pulled up that said that seemed to be merely re-floating old rumors. Nothing really worthy of attention or anything like that really i believe.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Some New York based Korean entertainment site (here and here) keeps recycling quotes from our news page. I'm flattered, but quietly hope Google drops this grey hat SEO site.

TheFedora

Moedred said:
Some New York based Korean entertainment site (here and here) keeps recycling quotes from our news page. I'm flattered, but quietly hope Google drops this grey hat SEO site.

Oh -these- guys. They do that all the time for 'Jurassic World' stuff as well. Its not very reliable, and when it is, its usually long past old news. I would say antiquated even.

Stoo

Gear said:
Am I the only one who doesn't get this? :eek:
kongisking said:
I don't get it either, honestly. I'm assuming its some Monty Python-level complex wit at play that I'm just not grasping.
Guys, if a joke has to be laid out then it wasn't delivered very well so here's the deal:

It's a 3-pronged poke at the following statement:
"FRANCHISES (the accepted term for people without a large, uncomfortable stick up their butt)".

Poke #1) If 'franchises' is "the accepted term for" people without sticks up their butts, then it's OK to call those people, FRANCHISES.* (Notice how the 2 characters WITH sticks up their butts are talking about the others without.)

*For example:
UNEMPLOYED (the accepted term for people without a job)
SOCIOPATHS (the accepted term for people without a conscience)
FRANCHISES (the accepted term for people without a large, uncomfortable stick up their butt)
etc.

Poke #2) If people WITHOUT sticks up their butts consider it acceptable to use a word incorrectly, then the 2 guys represent the likely appearance of those people. (Notice how they don't have sticks in their bums.)

Poke #3) If some people are smart enough, they will realize the 3rd poke without any explanation.:p

-----
BACK TO INDY 5:
If anyone has a stick up their derrière, it's people who make a BIG NOISE for a 5th movie. (That's not a stick, though, it's an enormous SHAFT!:eek:)

Mickiana

Stoo said:
BACK TO INDY 5:
If anyone has a stick up their derrière, it's people who make a BIG NOISE for a 5th movie. (That's not a stick, though, it's an enormous SHAFT!:eek:)

Is it OK to whisper loudly?! :p

Last edited by a moderator: