Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Bill Kelso

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other (post about it below)

Votes: 15 20.3%

• Total voters

Drones33

Looks good.
My S&J Raiders arrived today. I’ll post some pics as soon as my PC is up and running again. For some reason I can’t post pics using my iPad.
s-and-j-2-733516040

emtiem

Drones33 said:
Looks good.
My S&J Raiders arrived today. I?ll post some pics as soon as my PC is up and running again. For some reason I can?t post pics using my iPad.
s-and-j-2-733516040

How is your Novapelle LC looking now? It looked great in the pics upthread. I've just bought a Novapelle myself and was thinking of giving it the distressing you gave to yours.

Drones33

emtiem said:
How is your Novapelle LC looking now? It looked great in the pics upthread. I've just bought a Novapelle myself and was thinking of giving it the distressing you gave to yours.

I love the novapelle, I think it’s a great choice for an LC and for a Hero too I reckon. I recently gave my LC a coat of Pecards and it darkened really well, but the distressing still shows through. Check out some recent pics in the link below...

https://00177840.deviantart.com/art/LC-NVP-733863708

And here’s a few shots of the new Steele & Jones.

https://00177840.deviantart.com/art/s-and-j-2-733516040
https://00177840.deviantart.com/art/c36-733863475
https://00177840.deviantart.com/art/c36a-733863590

emtiem

Drones33 said:
I love the novapelle, I think it’s a great choice for an LC and for a Hero too I reckon. I recently gave my LC a coat of Pecards and it darkened really well, but the distressing still shows through. Check out some recent pics in the link below...

https://00177840.deviantart.com/art/LC-NVP-733863708

That's great: it looks like a lovely leather. From the shots on here of others (particularly this one on eBay which I thought looked perfect) and yours I think it's my favourite: can't wait to get mine!

Drones33 said:

That's looking great! Love the shape on the back. Are you happy with it?

VKDG77

Major West said:
Great pics VKDG77. The jacket looks excellent. Thanks for posting. (y)

I wish they were better but hey, they'll have to do. The addiction is just getting started ;)

VKDG77

emtiem said:
That's a great fit on you: I think the shorter sleeves were a good idea.

Thank you! I have a similar physique to fords in TOD so I really hoping that it would fit just like his did. I did get the sleeves just a tad shorter, I've always like them right on my wrists. Steele & Jones will probably be my next jacket in the Cazadora 36 . I've talked to some others and dabbled in the possibility of a Kelso. We'll see!

Drones33

emtiem said:
That's looking great! Love the shape on the back. Are you happy with it?

Yeah really pleased with it. (y)
You must post some pics when you get your novapelle, look forward to seeing it.

micsteam

Bill Kelso makes, I think, the best Indiana Jones jacket out there but they are the most expensive. Depending on which leather, options, and model jacket you could easily spend $600 up to $1000 on a jacket. :hat:

emtiem

Drones33 said:
Yeah really pleased with it. (y)
You must post some pics when you get your novapelle, look forward to seeing it.

Me too! I'm slightly worried that the sleeves may be too long (I definitely want them a bit long: on my hands or so, but hopefully it's not beyond my fingers!) so I'm cautiously optimistic! :)

Major West

That dark novapelle looks great. I recently saw a Last Crusade Hero jacket in Dark Novapelle and it looked amazing. My next Wested jacket might be in that skin. Probably the LC Hero.

Drones33

Custom LC in Dark Novapelle

Here`s a shot of my LC in dark novapelle after about a years pretty consistent wear and a recent coat of Pecards

lc_nvp_by_00177840-dc4x8v0.jpg

Drones33

Steele and Jones Cazadora `36

Delighted with this. Took about 3 months from placing the order to receiving the jacket, but great communication with Diego at S&J throughout, worth the wait.
c36_by_00177840-dc4x8oj.jpg

c36a_by_00177840-dc4x8rq.jpg

Major West

Cazadora is a thing of beauty. The LC Novapelle looks great there. Would you say it's unwearable in milder weather? I was thinking of ordering something in it but hear we are at the start of spring.

Drones33

Nah, I think it?s fine for milder weather with just a shirt. Bit too heavy for the warm summer months but perfect for chilly spring days.

TheFedora

So if I just wanted a jacket for a convention, would you guys recommend Wested, Todd's or Magnoli's? Im definitely aware that to get quality i'll have to spend a reasonable amount, but not looking to bust the bank.

Drones33

TheFedora said:
So if I just wanted a jacket for a convention, would you guys recommend Wested, Todd's or Magnoli's? Im definitely aware that to get quality i'll have to spend a reasonable amount, but not looking to bust the bank.
I’d go for Wested if I were you. Better quality and fit than Todd’s, (apparently), half the cost of Magnoli’s made to measure jackets and more screen accurate than their White Label offering (by the looks of it on the magnoli website). Wested has a great choice of leathers available, plus the option to have one custom made without breaking the bank. (y) It’s also always worth checking out the Clearance section of Westeds site. I’ve picked up a couple of bargains on there over the years for less than £150 :)