Indiana Jones References on TV

Supernatural

In last week's episode of Breaking In, Sean Patrick Flanery made an appearance as Mr. Jones and ended the episode with a parody of the escape from the temple in Raiders while his coworkers shot Nerf darts at him from Nerf guns.

American Dad had Haley playing the role of Marion in the drinking contest last night.

indyclone25

Supernatural said:
In last week's episode of Breaking In, Sean Patrick Flanery made an appearance as Mr. Jones and ended the episode with a parody of the escape from the temple in Raiders while his coworkers shot Nerf darts at him from Nerf guns.

American Dad had Haley playing the role of Marion in the drinking contest last night.
hailey was awesome! before her kidney gave out! lol
and breking in was funny as heck . loved that spf played indiana jones again .:D

Supernatural

I was just flipping through the channels and I came across an episode of She-Ra that stopped me cold. She had to go through a series of trials to earn her magic sword that were a lot like the challenges Indy went through in the Peruvian temple.

She was even chased by a boulder.

No sh*t.

The episode is called The Sword in the Stone.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Promotional video for Take Me Home Tonight, in which Anna Faris and Topher Grace discover a closet full of 80's movie references.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0RULH8dxZZ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Montana Smith

Not on TV, but in a movie. Didn't know where else to put this.

Neil Marshall's Doomsday, his homage to Mad Max, Escape From New York, etc, etc, also has an homage to Indy.

While the characters travel underground through the mountain they pass some crates. One is the Ark of the Covenant as it appears in the Raiders warehouse.

Doomsday came out in 2008, but Marshall said he had no idea that KOTCS was going to revisit the Ark when he put the Indy gag in.

russds

Not sure if this has been posted before, but found it this morning, and found it very cool:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bfUtbbUT5yQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Listening closely that seems to be a different recording/performance of the ToD score. Would be nice to have a good quality recording of the music only. It sounds nice, with some additional music also.

Indy's brother

This reference is not on TV, but in a straight to video zombie/horror/comedy/roadmovie. Hey, whatever, it's on netflix, I thought it had some charm to it, your mileage may vary.

deadheadsuk.jpg

Anyway, this movie is laden with references and homages to many films. As a bit of a film buff, by the time I saw the protagonist zombie running after the truck, and his buddy zombie pulling out the intestines of their more brain-dead "pet" zombie I saw where they were going with it and was still rubbing my eyes in disbelief. What followed was actually a decent and loving homage to Indy:

Screenshot2012-09-19at94024PM_zpse80d633e.png

Screenshot2012-09-19at94045PM_zpsad7e9e9e.png

Screenshot2012-09-19at94101PM_zps820871ab.png

Screenshot2012-09-19at94142PM_zps16c08203.png

Screenshot2012-09-19at94159PM_zps01576878.png

Yes, that last image is a long shot of the stunt. A zombie being dragged behind a truck while hanging onto the entrails of another zombie. I have to say though, in it's context, it was actually done with an undeniable amount of respect for the source material.

Fun independent zomcom, too. ;)

Jeopardy devoted an entire category to Indiana Jones on Wednesday the 19th to mark the BluRay release.

Each clue was acompanied by a video...probably post it later.

JediJones

russds said:
Listening closely that seems to be a different recording/performance of the ToD score. Would be nice to have a good quality recording of the music only. It sounds nice, with some additional music also.

Does sound like they might have rerecorded it, especially the part when the smoke fills the chamber, where they extended and repeated a section to make it last longer. I can definitely recall seeing other '80s television where they used pieces of film scores as music, but I can't recall the specifics.

I Don Quixote

My favorite was always Bart stealing the penny jar from Homer. And when Homer's Mr. Plow and when all the snow melts, the snowmen look like Toht and Dietrich.

Montana Smith

The Pentagon storage room for highly classified records and artifacts in The X-Files Pilot:

X-FilesPentagonstorage.jpg

is reminscent of a similar facility in ROTLA:

399.jpg

Only slightly more organized!

paraiderfan

Armchair Archaeologist alert

Hey Gang,

ABC will be broadcasting the second episode of "Back to the Beginning" Friday 12/28 at 9pm. From the previews it looks like this will encompass the Ark of the Covenant. Also in the preview you will hear some familiar music in the background.
I saw the first episode last week and it was pretty informative and fun to watch. They probably could have spent a lot more time on each subject, but it was still a good show.

Enjoy

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Misfits of Science

In 1985, it occupied the time slot between Knight Rider and Miami Vice on NBC. Here's the transcript of the second episode, "Your Place or Mayan." it's on YouTube, starting here.
Billy's late archaeologist friend had a theory about the lost Mayan civilization; Gloria's graffiti artist friend has the apparent genetic memory of the Mayan language. Just the right ingredients to get 'Indiana Hayes' to take the Misfits on an expedition in search of the lost Mayan temple.
2zhjfpd.jpg

2rhv79l.jpg

oax6kk.jpg

IndyJames98

Phineas and Ferb the Temple of Whatcha doon, ferb and phineas are dressed in indy like appearal, doof is dressed like belloq. and isabella is like Elsa... and we call it a maze phineas is sapito and ferb is indy when they do the bag switch except with a key. and the Mummy episode they run away from a underground flood and boulder..

Montana Smith

In the second series of Strike Back (Project Dawn) Scott awakes tied to a chair with a bomb strapped to him. He says to Connolly, the evil IRA operator:

"I liked her welcome much better."

PDVD_000-1.jpg

strike-back-cinemax-tv-show.jpg

201.jpg

"I liked the Austrian way better."