TV Spot #2

Dr Jones

Oh wow!

Well THAT'S got me MORE stoked!!! :D

I LOVE that opening, with the dramatic shots and the Raiders March, that really sounds exciting and building up the return of Indy!

The action looks perfect and the characters look glorious.

Especially loving how well Harrison looks in both rugged guise as professor gear, he really has pulled this off! And Cate too...looking good! :hat:

...now aside from that meteor rumour way back, can anyone briefly explain this rocket-sled which we can see in the opening? Is that the trail of fire or something it leaves?

(y)

Agent Z

scifiwolf said:
I may have missed it in the rest of the thread, but did anyone else notice that the shot in the tent is reversed? Indy's smirk, scar, and Spalko's shirt are all backwards.

Yep, look one post up ( #319 ) from your own to see the last remarks on the mirror shot.

Goodsport

spiralout said:
Let's see how it looks flipped.

This is the way it'll be in the film, considering that the hammer & sickle and the CCCP on her back are correctly shown in your flipped image.

-G

Matthew

This spot is very exciting, marvelously edited! I was also very psyched to see some Yale footage! But... I guess I'll have to make sure I stay in acceptance faze of the cycle now that it looks like a damn video game, "original look" was an extreme false advertising. I love that part where he's in a site ditch and uses a shovel, but does it have to be bluer than Spalko's eyes?!

Regardless, ecstatic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Man

ScarfaceJoker said:
Just saw the tail-end of the new TV spot on ITV 1 here in the UK! :D

Seems like the onslaught of advertising is beginning! :whip:

Cool! I haven't seen any ads on Irish TV yet, but that's a good sign! Thank Christ the Iron Man pre-release hype effectively ends tomorrow...

Saw the ad over here in England, but it was a bit different, it showed a quick shot of the skull at the start just after the shot of the natives, and after Spalko says 'you will find it' indy says 'sure' or 'yeah' in a real sarcastic way, also its indy from a different angle, over spalkos other shoulder, theres no shot of indy whacking the camera with a shovel either - classic archaeology mover by the way

Blumburtt

Also just seen the TV spot for the first time in the UK (ITV1) - however, this was very slightly different to the one on the official site. It had a shot of Mutt holding a lamp, and instead of Indy saying "Always glad to help", he says something along the lines of "Come on" in response to Spalko (sorry-have only seen it once). Very minor differences mind you.

spiralout

Blumburtt said:
Also just seen the TV spot for the first time in the UK (ITV1) - however, this was very slightly different to the one on the official site. It had a shot of Mutt holding a lamp, and instead of Indy saying "Always glad to help", he says something along the lines of "Come on" in response to Spalko (sorry-have only seen it once). Very minor differences mind you.

That's the first TV spot.

Blumburtt

Sorry Jeremiah, you must have posted that while I was typing my reply! :D

And no it was the second TV spot but slightly different (it wasn't the "come on genius" scene I was refering to - didn't quite catch what Indy said in reply to Spalko). It may have been the skull rather than a lamp that I saw (sorry all happens kind of quickly!) - see Jeremiah Jone's post.

Last edited:

marky_77

saw it on tv last night over here in england. the one i saw online has indy swinging what looks like a spade in the last moments, but not in the ad on tv.