Watch it, again and again and again....

roundshort

Th Ready Player One thread motivated me to create this thread about movies we love to re watch. I have a theory that as one ages the ability to watch the a new movie more than once dwindles. As a result many of the movies we view time and time again are from our younger days.

MUST watch ever year -

Caddyshack, Murder by Death, Good, Bad & Ugly, Jaws, Friday the 13th, Halloween, Big Lewbowski, Eiger Sanction, Evil Under the Sun/Death on the Nile/Murder on the Orient Express, Rambo First Blood, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, & REPO Man

I will watch once every two or three years -

Raiders & Temple of Doom. Selected James Bond Movies, Summer School, And then there were none, Full Meal Jacket, Down Hill Skier, Deliverance, Fletch (and Fletch Lives), Ferris Bueller's Day Off, CLUE, True Grit/Searchers/Cowboys

Wont Turn off, and will stay an finish the movie if it is on-

Shawshank Redemption, Cool Hand Luke, Star Wars/Empire Strikes Back, Cannonball Express/Smokey and the Bandit, Pale Rider/Unforgiven

What are your must re watch movies?

Joe Brody

Recent rewatchables: Thor Ragnarok, Dunkirk (somewhat surprising) and Blade Runner 2049 (it's grown on me).

Off iTunes:
Ant Man, Arrival (2x), Behind Enemy Lines (Good for teaching map reading to Boy Scouts), Big Lebowski, A Bridge Too Far (if you want a job done, you put an Irishman on point), Captain American Civil War and Winter Soldier, Captain Fantastic (good on more than just Noam Chomsky Day + Viggo kicks ass), Con Air, Deadpool, Doctor Strange, Zhivago (once every 3-4 years), most of the Fast & Furious movies, Fight Club (every 3-4 years), Friends with Benefits (3x), Full Metal Jacket, Fury (big time), Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (U.S. version, big time, exquisite film), Grand Budapest (masterpiece), Groundhog Day (every other year), Heat (now every 3-4 years), It Might Get Loud (twice a year), Lone Survivor (first half), The Martian, Moonrise Kingdom, Animal House, Ocean's Eleven, Pride & Prejudice, Repo Man (every year or so), Rogue One, Selma, Sev7en, The Shining, The Social Network, Spider-Man, Trumbo, Where the Trail Ends, Whiplash, Winter's Bone, Zombieland, 8 Mile (every year or two), and 13 Hours.

I'll add more later.

Did you see the Wall Street Journal Article this week on Caddyshack?

roundshort

Oceans 11 and 12 are on my never turn it off list.
I have to add White Christmas, that is. 3x holiday movie.
No, we have NY times house I will have to look it up.

You have a schocking lack of comedy on that list. I see one, Repo Man,

Joe Brody

roundshort said:
You have a schocking lack of comedy on that list. I see one, Repo Man,

Ant Man, Big Lebowski, Grand Budapest, Groundhog Day, Animal House, Zombieland? There are a lot of laughs on that list. I'm not as humorless as you would have me.

roundshort

Joe Brody said:
Ant Man, Big Lebowski, Grand Budapest, Groundhog Day, Animal House, Zombieland? There are a lot of laughs on that list. I'm not as humorless as you would have me.

Comic book movies don?t count, I missed Animal house. Lewboski has transcended comedy. Points for zombie land. But no murder by death?

AndyLGR

My must re-watch movies are:

Die Hard, Raiders, Star Wars, Empire, Jedi, From Russia with Love, The Hound of the Baskervilles (1939), Fletch, Beverly Hills Cop, 48 Hours, Charade, Rogue One, Predator, Ghostbusters, Where Eagles Dare, The Cat and the Canary (1939), What a Carve Up, And Then There Were None (1945)