Emperor Qin's tomb (1st emperor of china)

Gear

Awesome find! Makes total sense, too, considering how prevailant grave robbing has always been, for one reason or another.

Stoo

My girlfriend's cousin vsited the tomb and told me that the farmers who discovered it are now BLIND from all the tourists taking flash photographs of them.:eek:

Awyway, here is a previous thread about the tomb...INCLUDING talk of the rivers of mercury and the 'booby-trap' crossbows:
Emperor Qin's tomb (1st emperor of china)

Howlrunner

Yeah, I'd love to find out what's really in there. According to the ancient writings (if they're true), it should be pretty spectacular.

BTW, Indy DID raid this tomb in 1935 in the computer game "The Emperor's Tomb", but he had ALREADY raided it (and decapitated the mummified corpse of the 1st Emperor - who is perfectly preserved in the computer game) in 1934 at the beginning of the novel "Secret of the Sphinx"!

Caidanbi

According to what I've read, the inside of the tomb has like a miniature scale "map" of the "world" according to what they thought it was then. All the rivers and lakes supposedly are mercury - which I tend to believe, as modern scans of the land show a very very high mercury level on that site. According to legend, the ceiling is like a map of the night sky, and the stars and planets are represented by different sized pearls. There is supposed to be representations of servants, guards etc, which I am thinking are probably figures like the terra cotta warriors. Although this stuff just comes from old legends, the things they have found so far support the legends, so it might just all be true...