Staff of Kings (novel) by Rob MacGregor

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
His site says,
Coming in 2009: Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings -
a new adventure by the globetrotting archaeologist
While Amazon says,
Indiana Jones (Indiana Jones 2) (Paperback)
by Rob MacGregor (Author)
Paperback: 400 pages
Publisher: Ebury Press (April 9, 2009)
Is neither correct?

Last edited:
The Adventures of Indiana Jones Feb '08

is the reprints of the first three movie novelizations,all in one tome. It came out just before the theatrical release of Crystal Skull.

I don't think his site has nay release info for the Staff of Kings novel, just "coming in 2009"

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Ah yes, wrong year, deleted that part. I just watched Amazon's Tomb of the Gods TPB release date come and go and expect the same this April 9. 6 wish list books for 2009 all far away... maybe I should read some classics.

Morning Bell

It still looks like most of the Indy books will be out in the fall, with the exception of the two junior novels at this point.

indyjones2131

Got an Email from Rob Macgregor!

He says the book IS coming out when the game does, but he didn't know when the game was supposed to come out. Guess he didn't hear the official date. This is great news! I think I'm looking forward to the book as much as the game.

indyjones2131

Right. I emailed him back to let him know the official release date is June 9th. I HOPE he's right about the book coming at the exact same time!

indyjones2131

Me too. I hope its not just the game cover though. Not crazy about that one - I'd prefer cover more in line with the movie posters.

WeAreGoingToDie

304 pages! Not to shabby! That's on par with "The Sky Pirates" in length, though "Staff of Kings" will be infinity better in quality.

I'm assuming the cover art will (unfortunately) match the game art, but it IS a bit too cartoony and doesn't jive with the "Army of the Dead" art.

Here's a quick (sloppy) mock-up that I made of what we could expect:
aotdactualcopy.jpg

WeAreGoingToDie

Because the OCD sufferer inside me wanted to see it, here's what a possible line up of the novels in chronological order could look like. Note the original film trilogy stands out as a set, while the last three books stand together as a "black" trilogy (assuming they repeat the black background for "Staff of Kings")

2934156c.jpg

Irfaan

WeAreGoingToDie said:
Because the OCD sufferer inside me wanted to see it, here's what a possible line up of the novels in chronological order could look like. Note the original film trilogy stands out as a set, while the last three books stand together as a "black" trilogy (assuming they repeat the black background for "Staff of Kings")

2934156c.jpg

Hi! thanks for the image and the order, I didn't notice I had 2 missing (1st and 3rd) I bought the first from ebay and 3rd from amazon straight away lol! I have only ever read Secret of the Sphinx and Dance of the Giants though, I really need to rest but I wanted to find out the chronological order, thanks! It will be a better exprience reading them now knowing which to read next lol!

Thanks again!;)

WeAreGoingToDie

Thanks! You'll find that 1-6 have a very tight order to them, with 5 and 6 being a two-parter. 7 and 8 aren't worth reading, IMO. 9-12 have their own chronology that don't necessarily depend on 1-6, but are strengthened by Indy's life lessons of the early books.

I'm hoping Staff of Kings, Army of the Dead and KOTCS have their own references to each other. I'd love to see five more books by MacGregor between SoK and AotD, and five books between AotD and KOTCS. This would give us another 12 book series and fill in the years between 1939 and 1957.

Morning Bell

WeAreGoingToDie said:
I'm hoping Staff of Kings, Army of the Dead and KOTCS have their own references to each other. I'd love to see five more books by MacGregor between SoK and AotD, and five books between AotD and KOTCS. This would give us another 12 book series and fill in the years between 1939 and 1957.

This would be great and I'd be thrilled to see the Indy novels continue. That mock-up of all the book covers put together looks great as well; I'm anxious to fill my bookshelf with more Indy this year.:)

Irfaan

WeAreGoingToDie said:
Thanks! You'll find that 1-6 have a very tight order to them, with 5 and 6 being a two-parter. 7 and 8 aren't worth reading, IMO. 9-12 have their own chronology that don't necessarily depend on 1-6, but are strengthened by Indy's life lessons of the early books.

Thanks!

And damn, I think I missed out another book, called "Indiana Jones and the Dinasour Eggs" but judjing by the title I think I should give the book a miss. What do you think?

Dinosaur Eggs was good.

Definitely give it a read. Max McCoy wrote four awesome Indy novels. Don't be turned off by the title. This book introduced Belloq for the first time in an expanded Indy universe novel, as well as Wu Han and Lao Che (from Temple of Doom).

Last edited: