Indiana Jones and the Tomb of the Gods !!!

xVendetta17x

Seriously I think Indy has done everything possible in each book/comic/movie
So i'm interested in seeing how they're going to pull of this comic

yodazone

I hope they can get Garth Ennis to write an Indiana Jones story in an upcoming run at Dark Horse. With art by some celebrity comic artists like J. Scott Cambell, Michael Turner or Jim Lee.

Maybe even in an "Indiana Jones' Tales" quartely book for celebrity creators or something.

The Indy comic books could use some well established comic writers/artists this time around!

The new Tony Harris cover is a good sign they're taking steps to making these books good!

(y) (y) (y)

yodazone

Behold the original Dustin Weaver oversized sketch Wizard printed in their magazine for thier "Tomb of the Gods" article!

IndycoverDustinWeaver.jpg

And his Indy sketches!

IndySketch.jpg

Dustin Weaver popped into the Dark Horse forums and mentioned the Wizard article and tells what happened with his participation in the series over at his online live journal here:

http://dustinweaver.livejournal.com/

"Dark Horse is launching a five issue Indiana Jones miniseries titled "Indiana Jones and the Tomb of the Gods." Wizard magazine had a small article announcing the project with me as the artist and showing an exclusive piece of art by me. It's my first time being mentioned in Wizard magazine or having a piece printed. It's very exciting. It would be even more exciting if it were true. I'm actually not doing the series. I was going to do the series. I had been talking with the editor, Jeremy, and writer Rob for a while about doing it and gearing up to do it. It was almost certain that I would be drawing this series. I was just waiting till Jeremy and Rob had hammered out the story and gotten it approved by Lucas film. The longer it took for them to get an approved script the less lead time I had. It got to a point where it was clear that, if they wanted this series to come out at the same time as the movie, they would need someone who could do it a lot faster than I could. My past track record showed that I would take to much time on the work. So it was decided by Dark Horse and LF to get a different artist. It was very disappointing for me. I was really getting pumped on drawing Indy and I think Rob has really got a good story going. But they're right, If I had done the book it probably would have been late. There wasn't enough lead time to make the book as cool as I wanted to make it.
The good news is that I get to stick with Star Wars for a bit longer. More on that later:)
The picture that Wizard ran is just a sketch I did of Indy. Here are some more sketches."

(y) (y) (y)

Last edited:

UltimateManGod

I certainly hope so, if this one is good. Maybe they'll bring back the cancelled series from the first Dark Horse run, and publish them this time.

Snakes

Wow. That picture looks way better in high-res. I really hope they do many more mini-series after this one. It would be great if they finally made Lost Horizon, that seemed like it would have been a great comic. Wish Hugh Fleming was more optimistic about doing it.

reverendB

Doesn't anyone think that Dark Horse needs to bring Dave Dorman back for cover art? His Fate of Atlantis stuff is for my dollar the BEST Indy comic art out there!! Anyone Agree? I'm almost tempted to not buy the comics because there is no Dorman art...that's my opinion.

RevB

yodazone

reverendB said:
Doesn't anyone think that Dark Horse needs to bring Dave Dorman back for cover art? His Fate of Atlantis stuff is for my dollar the BEST Indy comic art out there!! Anyone Agree? I'm almost tempted to not buy the comics because there is no Dorman art...that's my opinion.

RevB

Hell yea, maybe the new "Indiana Jones" Dark Horse Editor, Dave Land, will get ahold of Dave Dorman to produce some new covers. Or Posters!!!

Like this classic cover:

indianajonesfateofatlanzq3.jpg

(y) (y) (y)

|ZiR|

I don't like it.

That is to say, I don't hate it... there's just something about the composition that rubs me the wrong way. Not enough action, and the placement of the two Indys seems off. They shouldn't be that close to one another with so little else going on in the picture.

Also something odd is happening somewhere; his sketches look so much like Ford, but on both of the covers he's like Harrison's awkward, less attractive brother.

Or maybe it's just me, eh?

The stetches rock, though. I'll be buying this comic when it comes out.

UltimateManGod

|ZiR| said:
Also something odd is happening somewhere; his sketches look so much like Ford, but on both of the covers he's like Harrison's awkward, less attractive brother.

Weaver isn't the one doing the covers. That's why they don't look like the sketches. The cover artist is Tony Harris. I like the covers so far. I hope the comic itself is good. I'd rather have a good comic with bad covers than good covers and a bad comic.