Can we get Indy around the globe ?

harvey

The adventure continues...

The red line continues as mini Indy is on his way to Lance! Again, thank you all for your patience. I will be working on mini Indy's adventures in the Buckeye state and will post asap. Thank you again for including me in this incredible project. (y)

Lance Quazar

harvey said:
The red line continues as mini Indy is on his way to Lance! Again, thank you all for your patience. I will be working on mini Indy's adventures in the Buckeye state and will post asap. Thank you again for including me in this incredible project. (y)

No sign of Indy yet. Any update? Info?

inky_skin

No worries harvey. While I depart in the next 48 hours, he has another 10 days or so to reach his destination. No doubt the good Doctor is running on his own schedule - and hey, "it's a long way to Culver City sweetheart" (to paraphrase Indy).

harvey

Lance Quazar said:
Indy has safely arrived!

Off to Inky in the Happiest Place on Earth!!!

Thanks, Harvey!! Much appreciated!

Glad he's safe and sound! The adventure continues...! (y)

Stoo

jsarino said:
Stoo, sorry for dropping the ball on this one...I was supposed to help clean up the spreadsheet. :( Perhaps I can update columns G and H.
No need to apologize. Feel free to update the other columns because it would be nice to see some, y'know, Indiana-Jones-related contributions from you.:p
Le Saboteur said:
For phoque's sake! You are an incessantly nagging phoque! It's probably because you're not getting phoque-d at home. No phoque-ing way.

Let's see how many phoques I give about your deadline:

Geesh. Go away and all phoque-ing enfer breaks loose.

Here's a phoque!

There's another phoque!

And if you can't phoque-ing figure it out by now, here's a phoque-ing sign that spells it the phoque out.

And if you don't like it, well, you can get the phoque out.
Ha ha!:D I've seen those phoques at the wharf and, boy, do they ever stink! There actually might be another way off in the distance of the top photo but that one is spelled, foc.

Love Indy with the Tarzan books. Please post some more photos when you have the chance!:whip:
harvey said:
I will be working on mini Indy's adventures in the Buckeye state...
Looking forward to it, Joe.
Lance Quazar said:
This is Inky's project and it's his vacation. And, as we all know, the Indy stunt show is CLOSING before the end of the year forever.
Perfect. Have fun, boys!

jsarino

Stoo said:
No need to apologize. Feel free to update the other columns because it would be nice to see some, y'know, Indiana-Jones-related contributions from you.:p

I'll get on that. ;)

inky_skin

Well, Indy is back from Florida with some great shots in the can (not to spoil but Lance and I got some amazing and unexpected access at the Stunt Show). Pics as soon as I've unpacked...

inky_skin

The Drifter said:
Is there any way that mini-Indy came make it to me before the 13th of September? I have some plans for him.

Shoot me a PM with your address ASAP and I'll get him expedited to you.

inky_skin

So, Travelling Indy made it to me in time for my family vacation in Florida. Seemed only right that I took him out to see the sites. Unfortunately I'm not great at photo-editing or smart dialog, so I hereby present the pictures in their unexpurgated form...

Ruins outside the Atlantis ride at Universal Studios

Indy's whip in the AFI "100 Iconic Props" exhibit, Disney Hollywood Studios

Various (original?) vehicle props from Last Crusade near the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular in Disney Hollywood Studios

Meeting the (charming) stunt performers after the show. L-R "Marion", Inky_Skin, "Indy", Lance Quazar

Travelling Indy goofs-off with the Stunt Spectacular cast

Hopefully Lance has some additional images to share...

Stoo

Cool stuff, Inky! Hope you guys had a great time. Nice to see the faces and I really like the photo of the figure in Indy's pocket and the genuine smiles from the stunt folk.

Yes, the vehicles are the originals (there's been much discussion about them here) and they make a great addition to Mini-Indy's travels!(y)

P.S. Rockabiily with a beard?:confused:

Lance Quazar

Ah, Disney World, I miss you already!

Indy, Inky and I had a great time at the soon-to-be-shuttered-forever Indy stunt show. I first caught in in 1991 and it is still terrific all these years later.

The Indy stunt performers were very friendly and generous with their time. (a special shout-out to Mrs. Inky Skin for breaking the ice with them and charming them over to chat with us.)

An added comical bonus at this particular show was how the other actors in the stunt show kept busting on the poor Indy stuntman for being old. But he seemed like a good sport about it. (there were actually two Indy stuntmen, this guy did the opening temple scene and the Flying Wing fight, while another guy did the streets of Cairo fisticuffs.)

I'll see if I can dig up any other pics. Thanks for posting, my friend!

By the way, are there any more of those amazing business cards that were printed up by - I'm sorry, I forget who - that could be sent along to join Indy at his next stop? I sure wish we had some to give to these guys so they could have checked out the site. It was a great idea and would be a lovely way to generate more interest as Indy continues his travels around the globe!

Stoo

Lance Quazar said:
By the way, are there any more of those amazing business cards that were printed up by - I'm sorry, I forget who - that could be sent along to join Indy at his next stop? I sure wish we had some to give to these guys so they could have checked out the site. It was a great idea and would be a lovely way to generate more interest as Indy continues his travels around the globe!
Lance, it's very cool that you & Inky managed to hook up together and I was hoping that you guys would get some shots with the stunt crew (so thanks to Mrs. Inky, as well). Good stuff & hope you had a fun time!(y)

'Twas Nick Turner from The Bay Area of Californye-A who created the card. His graphic was made available for print in post #710.

Raven_card.jpg

Pale Horse said:
I better step up my game...
Nevermind the beard business, Paley.;) What you need to do is re-upload all of your missing photos (from Anaheim's Disneyland, etc.). Before I managed to download them all, they mysteriously disappeared! They were fantastic and are an absolutely necessity for the doll's travel record!:gun: (Does anyone else have them?)