Indy rated 12A in the UK!

ScarfaceJoker

As the title says, KotCS has been rated 12A in the UK for "Moderate adventure violence and scary scenes".

Yep basically the same descriptor as the MPAA. :whip:

Linkage

Now the BBFC have a more detailed description, which has since been taken down from the site, but someone at the IMDb copied it - beware some spoilers (nothing astronomical in terms of spoilers, but a couple of scenes we in the spoiler forum are aware of are confirmed)!

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)
Action/Adventure
The intrepid explorer and archaeologist is pressed back into action, this time getting entangled in a Soviet plot to uncover the secrets behind the mythical and awesomely powerful ancient Crystal Skulls.

'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' is the fourth instalment in the popular series. It shows the archeologist-adventurer, played by Harrison Ford, race against Russians to seek out mystical crystal skulls that hold the secrets to an ancient civilisation. The film was passed '12A' for moderate action violence and scary scenes. The film also contains mild language, some focus on weapons and potentially dangerous imitable behaviour.

There are two scary sequences in particular that were felt to be too prolonged and intense to be acceptable at anything below '12A' levels.

The first sees a Russian soldier consumed by a swarm of large ants who cover him from head to toe and then drag him underground into their nest. The second sees an army scientist consumed by flames that begin in her eyes sockets and quickly grow to take over her entire body. There are some further scary scenes set in burial chambers, with sight of mummified remains, and a scene of threat in which a character trapped in quicksand is rescued by grasping onto a snake.

There are several scenes involving action violence as Indy battles with the Russian soldiers, with a number of heavy blows being exchanged - one character is seen with a bloody mouth after being punched. Furthermore, the character of Mutt, a 1950s-style Teddy Boy, carries with him a weapon - a flick-knife - which is focussed upon throughout the film although it is never seen being used to inflict injury.

One scene sees Jones escape the effects of a nuclear blast at a test site by hiding in a disused 1950s fridge. The potential for dangerous imitability is limited by another character later warning Jones about the dangers of hiding in such a place.

Mild language in the film includes uses of 'hell', 'son-of-a-*****', *beep* 'bloody' and *beep*

Last edited:

The Man

ScarfaceJoker said:
As the title says, KotCS has been rated 12A in the UK for "Moderate adventure violence and scary scenes".

Yep basically the same descriptor as the MPAA. :whip:

Linkage

Now the BBFC have a more detailed description, which has since been taken down from the site, but someone at the IMDb copied it - beware some spoilers (nothing astronomical in terms of spoilers, but a couple of scenes we in the spoiler forum are aware of are confirmed)!

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)
Action/Adventure
The intrepid explorer and archaeologist is pressed back into action, this time getting entangled in a Soviet plot to uncover the secrets behind the mythical and awesomely powerful ancient Crystal Skulls.

'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' is the fourth instalment in the popular series. It shows the archeologist-adventurer, played by Harrison Ford, race against Russians to seek out mystical crystal skulls that hold the secrets to an ancient civilisation. The film was passed '12A' for moderate action violence and scary scenes. The film also contains mild language, some focus on weapons and potentially dangerous imitable behaviour.

There are two scary sequences in particular that were felt to be too prolonged and intense to be acceptable at anything below '12A' levels.

The first sees a Russian soldier consumed by a swarm of large ants who cover him from head to toe and then drag him underground into their nest. The second sees an army scientist consumed by flames that begin in her eyes sockets and quickly grow to take over her entire body. There are some further scary scenes set in burial chambers, with sight of mummified remains, and a scene of threat in which a character trapped in quicksand is rescued by grasping onto a snake.

There are several scenes involving action violence as Indy battles with the Russian soldiers, with a number of heavy blows being exchanged - one character is seen with a bloody mouth after being punched. Furthermore, the character of Mutt, a 1950s-style Teddy Boy, carries with him a weapon - a flick-knife - which is focussed upon throughout the film although it is never seen being used to inflict injury.

One scene sees Jones escape the effects of a nuclear blast at a test site by hiding in a disused 1950s fridge. The potential for dangerous imitability is limited by another character later warning Jones about the dangers of hiding in such a place.

Mild language in the film includes uses of 'hell', 'son-of-a-*****', *beep* 'bloody' and *beep*

Flaming eye-sockets? Possessive ants? Yummy! But what's *beep*? Is it sh!t?

QBComics

ScarfaceJoker said:

Awesome!! :whip:

ScarfaceJoker

Of course what is annoying about this is that 2 more people have seen the film before us - and got paid for it!

Tremendously unfair...:whip:

scifiwolf

This seems like it will have the tone of Raiders, with some of the darkness of Temple, and character beats of Crusade - essentially the best the franchise had to offer, all rolled into one movie!

(y) :whip:

The Man

The Man said:
Awesome, indeed!(y) But who...
warns Indy regarding the fridge fiasco?
Somebody sane, I suspect...

INT. STANFORTH'S OFFICE - DAY

Indy
I tell ya, Charlie, I was crammed in there like a turkey. The door shut and the next thing I know I'm back in the desert.

Stanforth
...Huh?

Indy
Yeah, I thought using that dinghy as a parachute was nuts, but-

Stanforth
A fridge? That's the dumbest f**kin' dumbass thing I've ever heard! Jesus, you're history's greatest hero...and you hide in a...fr... You know, Jones, Agent Taylor was onto something. You are hanging with a bad crowd. It's that Lucas, isn't it?

Indy
Go easy on me, Charlie, it's been a brutal couple of years. First Dad, then Marcus...

Stanforth
If they were alive now they'd hit the floor stone-dead with shame. Clear the desk, Jones, you're fired.

Indy
But-

Stanforth
Oh, and that poindexter who's been following you around all the day? Take him with you or I'll jam that Harley handlebars first up his ass!​

GlasgowChivas

The second sees an army scientist consumed by flames that begin in her eyes sockets and quickly grow to take over her entire body.

Guess this is Spalko, right?

The Man

GlasgowChivas said:
The second sees an army scientist consumed by flames that begin in her eyes sockets and quickly grow to take over her entire body.

Guess this is Spalko, right?

I guess it is. I missed the
"her"
part of that sentence.

Ste2652

ScarfaceJoker said:

Now logically, who's going to imitate that? Last I heard,
nuclear bombs
weren't that easy to get hold of... it makes mimicking that scene rather difficult! :p

Spriggan Jones

Ste2652 said:
Now logically, who's going to imitate that? Last I heard,
nuclear bombs
weren't that easy to get hold of... it makes mimicking that scene rather difficult! :p

Yeah but hopping into a fridge isn't. And that's something a kid could imitate especially after seeing Old Indy doing.