• I think shelters are good for the pets

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • I hate Shelters for pets!

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who cares!

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • I take dogs and cats who are homeless to my house for keeps sake and to care for them

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Dogs and cats who are homeless I can not take care of but I would take them in if I could

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I would take the animals to a shelter

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

Agent Crab

IMAG0051-1.jpg

The cat I found. His name is Murdock.

The Drifter

I'm glad to see that ol' Murdock is still going good. I have a new one now (along with Mr. Biggs). His still a young cat. Spry and mean as ever.

Montana Smith

Top prize for seizure-sensing cat

One more for the pro-cat camp.

A cat has become a real life-saver, detecting when her owner is about to have an epileptic fit.

Nathan Cooper, 19, came close to death during a particularly severe seizure but Lilly stayed by his side, nudging and licking him until he starting breathing again.

Mr Cooper's mother, Tracey, 38, said when he is about to fit, Lilly can sense something is wrong and runs between her and her son, meowing to alert her.

"Lilly has a very close bond with Nathan, he didn't believe it when I told him what she was doing," she said.

"After one fit, he stopped breathing and Lilly started licking his mouth and somehow it kick-started his breathing.

"When he came round, from when she licked him into breathing, and Lilly was right there, he just couldn't believe it.

"I never knew a cat could do this."

The family, from Bournemouth, Dorset, have no idea how she picked up the skill but have been told by hospital staff that animals are sometimes able to detect impending epileptic fits.

Mrs Cooper said Lilly can normally detect an oncoming seizure up to five minutes before it happens.

Mrs Cooper, a full-time carer for her son and her disabled husband Simon, 44, entered Lilly for Drontal's My Pet Superstar competition. Lilly beat more than 6,000 other pets in the UK to be crowned Top Cat.

93896405-top-prize-seizure-sensing-cat.jpg

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20110314/thl-top-prize-for-seizure-sensing-cat-d831572.html

A cat that cares. Who'd a thunk it?

Montana Smith said:
One more for the pro-cat camp.

A cat that cares. Who'd a thunk it?

There's a scientific study!:p

Please, the first seisure left a tin of tuna strewn about Mr Cooper's face and ever since it became a sign of feeding time.

The Cat is Hangin with Mr Cooper for the free meal.

One more for the cat camp indeed...:rolleyes:

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
There's a scientific study!:p

Please, the first seisure left a tin of tuna strewn about Mr Cooper's face and ever since it became a sign of feeding time.

The Cat is Hangin with Mr Cooper for the free meal.

One more for the cat camp indeed...:rolleyes:

I wasn't going to mention those facts...

I did ask myself whether there was any proof, or whether they'd just said it to win the competition.

There's supposedly evicence that dogs do this, but it's the first time I've heard a cat be so concerned.

And now for something completely different. A chimp looking after a stray cat:

1264102541940.jpg

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
I'm no speciest, but didn't Bill Murray allude to something like this as the end of the world?

I don't know, but Isaiah said something about lions and lambs and vegetarianism, or was it mint sauce?.

The Drifter

Rocket Surgeon said:
I can't reconcile how a good ole boy like you ever got to picking cats over dogs...:confused:

I also like dogs. I have had many over the years. Some were very close to my heart. But, I had a certain cat for around 13 years whom I adored above any other animal. He was with me almost every minute. I had him from his birth until his death. He led me to like cats more as he was the most loyal and best friend that I ever had from the animal kingdom.

This is making me sad now. It's been about seven years since he passed and I still miss him greatly. :(

DiscoLad

Agent Crab said:
Dogs and cats have the same level of intellengence. Both are good. I detest yappy dogs, though.

I mistook you for Montana because of your icon. Tricky Agent C. :D

I think it's just dogs unconditional love that makes them better in my eyes.
Perhaps I just havn't met the right cat. ;)
. . .
NO. Not like that. . . :mad:

:p

Agent Crab

DiscoLad said:
I mistook you for Montana because of your icon. Tricky Agent C. :D

I think it's just dogs unconditional love that makes them better in my eyes.
Perhaps I just havn't met the right cat. ;)
. . .
NO. Not like that. . . :mad:

:p

I have a tortie cat who'd be all over you. She really likes people, men mostly.

@ Rocket Surgeon

Someone had a dog that yapped constintly, when they came home, that dog would yip as if it was being ran over.