A Guide to Gear and Props. What to buy?

Drones33

Which holster?

I've just bought the Denix replica Webley (1942). Any advice regarding which holster to go for? The Webley holsters from Todds, WPG, SOFmilitary etc look way too long, ( it has a four inch barrel ) I'm wondering if it'll fit the smaller, S&W holster....

Montana Smith

Drones33 said:
I've just bought the Denix replica Webley (1942). Any advice regarding which holster to go for? The Webley holsters from Todds, WPG, SOFmilitary etc look way too long, ( it has a four inch barrel ) I'm wondering if it'll fit the smaller, S&W holster....

The only Webley revolver I know Denix make is the Mk. IV which has a 5" barrel. The whole gun is only an inch shorter than the Mk. VI, and should be fine in a holster designed for a 'large frame' revolver.

Drones33

Yeah that's the one, don't know why I had it in my head that it's from '42. You are right, it's 5 inches from the drum to the tip of the barrel.
Thanks for the tip :)

Texan Scott

Hubertus 12.300.hh.00

Does anyone know where the best place to buy a HUBERTUS 12.300.HH.00...?

That's the Indy knife from Raiders.

Texan Scott

Gear changes from vendor to vendor, based on when they carry these items and sometimes they will offer something, they sell it out and that's it...! Todd's used to offer pants in the not in the so distant past but once they sold out, no longer.

Current list of venders and offerings (recommended):

Hats
Akubra Fed IV, sold through Hats Direct of Australia
Garrison Hatters
Advintage Hats
Penman

Jackets
Todd's Costumes
Wested
Steele & Jones
Bill Kelso

Shirts
Wested
Todd's
WPG
Azuma
Magnoli

Pants
WPG
Wested
Magnoli

Belts & holsters
Make It Jones (England)
Todds
WPG
Magnoli

Boots
Alden
various close enough makers
catch a good deal on Ebay

Vendors cycle in and out, based on offerings and availability. Wested now offers a decent combo special, where you can get virtually all the gear at a good price.

Last edited:

Alan Soellner

New Indy Raiders holster

At Chisholm's Trail Leather, we have just obtained an original WW1 holster for a 4" barrel Webley .455 and are in the process of de-constructing it for a correct Indy raiders pattern. It does not have any edge groove on the flap or the Sam Browne stud strap. We can be reached at chisholmstrailleather.com or westernleatherholster.com and intend to start making these in the USA from all American hardware, leather, oil base color stain, and hand rubbed saddle finish. Give us a holler if you want a holster, belt and buckle to stand up to any weather conditions anywhere in the world. Alan

Dig Site 1138

Hatband

Hey everyone. Sorry if this has been asked and answered; I did search for it first.
What color is Indy's hatband, black or brown? It's so faded and stained. Also photos are hard to judge. I plan to replace/upgrade mine and I just want it to be right. Please, help!

eazybox

Dig Site 1138 said:
Hey everyone. Sorry if this has been asked and answered; I did search for it first.
What color is Indy's hatband, black or brown? It's so faded and stained. Also photos are hard to judge. I plan to replace/upgrade mine and I just want it to be right. Please, help!

I just noticed your post. The ribbon is very dark brown, almost black, for the RAIDERS hat. I have heard it referred to as "char brown." According to new research from Herbert Johnson, the LAST CRUSADE ribbon was a slightly lighter shade, but still dark brown. The original ribbon is still being made. The supplier is TW Bracher of Stockport, England. Contact Ian or Cathy.

Jack

emtiem

I bought the Akubra which was around that price I think, and it's a good Indy-ish hat. I believe the Advintage factory hats (rather than the bespoke ones) are very good but I think they're out of stock right now.

emtiem

Here's an original Last Crusade prop which is for sale, you may need a fairly big display cupboard though...