The Lost Journal

TalonCard

Here's the relavent portion of the Journal--let me know which source it's referring to if you can.
(On UFOs) "I've seen a few of these myself, though not exactly. Reminds me of Roswell, New Mexico, 1947. And the "Viking" long ship in '39. And the Sky Pirate in '30."

metalinvader

TalonCard said:
Here's the relavent portion of the Journal--let me know which source it's referring to if you can.
(On UFOs) "I've seen a few of these myself, though not exactly. Reminds me of Roswell, New Mexico, 1947. And the "Viking" long ship in '39. And the Sky Pirate in '30."

WOW! Very interesting. Look's like it is refering to the German novel. I've never read it but there is a brief description of it over here.

http://www.theraider.net/information/timeline/adulthood.php

"Spoilerish" I guess.So be warned.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Thanks for posting that pics, G-Man.(y) I really want to get this. I wonder who the chick in the photo, who's supposed to be Sophia? She looks different to what I was expecting Sophia to look like.

OhioJones

I just got this in the mail today from Amazon. Came faster then I though. I only just ordered Monday. Thank goodness I payed for regular shipping.

Anyway, I've only gotten a chance to page through it a little so far but it is really sweet. Even cooler in person.

It's got a really neat authentic look to it. Love how it poses as an actual journal (as you all know).

Can't wait to read it!

I think it's a must buy for Indy fans.

G-Man

I noticed in the back page credits that Indy Magnoli was heavily involved in the creation of the journal, that's why it's so great. I love that the lifelong fans have had such an impact on Indy IV...

TalonCard

G-Man said:
I noticed in the back page credits that Indy Magnoli was heavily involved in the creation of the journal, that's why it's so great. I love that the lifelong fans have had such an impact on Indy IV...

Who is Indy Magnoli?

TC

metalinvader

ultraman7k said:
does anyone know what is with the missing pages that are 'torn' out?

No idea,I thought mine was damaged at first!

Heh,I guess it was used to make the book more realistic.

tupogirl

It's supposed to be at Borders on May 6th. I haven't seen it in a bookstore yet. I'm very excited for this particular tome!

ATMachine

FoA and the Macgregor novels are still canon (says the Lost Journal)

I went out to Barnes and Noble tonight, and found they'd put out the Lost Journal of Indiana Jones book a few days early. So I snapped it up. Intriguingly, there are almost zero references to non-filmed Indy stories: YIJ and the four films take up most of the book. Understandable, as many such sources are extremely dubious story-wise.

However, there are a few pages of the journal devoted to Fate of Atlantis and Indy's relationship with Sophia, plus brief references to the Seven Veils novel and Deirdre Campbell.

So apparently Fate of Atlantis (and Rob Macgregor's novels) are good enough for the Lost Journal writers to include mention of them with the filmed Indy, but nothing else? Well, if we have FOA at least...