New acquisitions at Ravenwood museum

|ZiR|

Sheesh. I think you more stuff than Sankara even! I can't imagine owning that many things, let alone all of it Indy merchandise. If the machines are all in working order, I'd be doing nothing but playing them all nonstop. Those are so cool.

It'd be ridiculous to ask for a complete list of the museum's inventory, right?

mfisher

wow Les... that is one heck of a set up..... let me know when the BBQ is... I'll bring the chips ! (always wanted to visit Canada anyway !)

Deckard

I wish I had room to spread my collection out over the space it deserves, this is really cool. Nice job. I dunno how you convinced your wife to go along.

Lao Che Pun

More pictures for chirst sake! You can't just post a few of those and expect us to be satiated!

We need indivudal pics of each section. You honestly can't put that much love and devotion into a collection and only allow the visitors to your actual room the ability to peruse each section closely. I think we, the members of the Raven, are entitled to more!!!!

Now deliver! ;) :D

Lao Che Pun said:
More pictures for chirst sake! You can't just post a few of those and expect us to be satiated!

We need indivudal pics of each section. You honestly can't put that much love and devotion into a collection and only allow the visitors to your actual room the ability to peruse each section closely. I think we, the members of the Raven, are entitled to more!!!!

Now deliver! ;) :D

What one area would folks like to see more of? I do not have time to photograph each item. And posters are off limits right now as there are over 200+ of them and they are being flattened right now (to be stored in architect blueprint drawers).

Let the requests begin!

Indy fan 235

200 posters! Hot damn!

Any more exclusive or foreign items would be cool to see. Or, pictures of shelves and what each holds. Or the pieces that are your favorites.

Lao Che Pun

Take pictures of your harder to find items. The indy figures that anyone can buy aren't of much interest. Snap your chest/dresser? that has your 12" Henry Sr., your grail ,and your fertility idol, for example.

Lao Che Pun said:
Take pictures of your harder to find items. The indy figures that anyone can buy aren't of much interest. Snap your chest/dresser? that has your 12" Henry Sr., your grail ,and your fertility idol, for example.

Fireplace, actually.

I'll take a close-up of that today - I'm headed over to the museum building now.

tnswman

throwmetheidol said:
Fireplace, actually.

I'll take a close-up of that today - I'm headed over to the museum building now.

Les, Post this in the other thread so we can get them to keep it in one place...We will beat these weird Moderators somehow.

As the museum becomes more organized (we're kinda forced to be on top of things now that visitors have become a regular thing) we though we'd post stuff many may not have seen before.

We'll tease here with a few photos and show expanded versions over on our site at throwmetheidol.com (when there are too many photos for any one item).

Today we'll start with the Hasbro advance gift sent to VIP's in April 2008.

hasbro_giftbox.jpg

This large 'crate' is quite cool. As you can see it looks like a wooden box that contains 'treasure'. When you life the lid looks like a crate full of Indy's mementos.

hasbro_giftbox2.jpg

When you lift the flaps to get to the insides it plays the familiar John Williams 'Raiders March'. Inside are example of ALL the toys that were released initially in May 2008. There is a letter from Hasbro explaining what this all is and a cool CD containing high resolution images for print and web use.

hasbro_giftbox3.jpg

mfisher

Hey Les.. the Tennessee Lottery did an Indiana Jones prize pack.. had a jacket, satchel, t shirt and other odds and ends... a buddy of mine that works EMS has one for sale.. let me know if you are interested.. figured it may be kind of a rare promotional item... fishlippi@mac.com

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
WOW! Les, that is one museum I would love to pull a Marcus Brody - and get lost in it for days!

GREAT JOB!

When are you going on the Indy-Cast with the story on how all this came about and working for Sansweet at Rancho Obi-Wan??????????