Whiskey's Believe it or Don't... Got a story? Let us hear it.

BlackWhskyBlaze

It's 1910, British Egyptogolist Douglas Murray is approached by an American who's appearance foretells the final stages of plague. The American presents Murray with an offer that seems to be the greatest find of his career, The 1600 BC coffin holding the remains of a high princess in the temple of Ammon-Ra of Thebes.
Murray accepts and draws a check, but the check is never cashed. The American dies that evening of his condition.
Murray later learns of the legacy behind the coffin's dweller. The princess held high office in the Cult of the Dead and the inscription in her tomb tells the tale of her demise and a curse for those who disturb her.
Murray then begins to encounter misfortune.
On a shooting expedition up the Nile, his gun mysteriously explodes in his hand and after weeks of hospitalization, his arm is amputated.
During his return home two of his friends die of "unknown causes" and two of the Egyptians who handled the coffin also die.
Eventually Murray decides to rid himself of the cursed "trophy".
A woman friend insists that he give it to her and he reluctantly complies.
Within weeks the woman's mother dies, her lover abandons her and she contracts an undiagnosed "wasting disease".
The woman then contacts Murray and he arranges it to be brought to the British Museum. There a photographer immediately drops dead after taking it's picture and an Egyptologist in charge of the exhibit dies in his sleep.
The board of the museum holds a discreet conference where they decide to have the exhibit shipped to a New York museum that accepts their gift.
The coffin is then boarded onto a luxuriously new vessel on her maiden voyage from Southhampton to New York.
The mummy never makes it to New York and instead remains cargo at the bottom of the ocean on an "unsinkable" ship that brings 1,498 people to their doom on April 15, 1912. The Titanic

Last edited:

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
I've heard about that. There appears to be no records about that shipment, and according to many sources she is still in the British Museum's back rooms.
However, the deaths that you mentioned are in newspapers from that time.
:dead::dead::dead::dead:

Tennessee R

I've also heard part of that bedtime story.
Okay, okay, so it may be a true story, I just had to say that.

Unbelieveable?.........Believe it!

BlackWhskyBlaze

Traveling Dead

In December of 1976, a Universal Studios film crew was on location at "The Laff in the Dark" funhouse at Nu-Pike Amusement Park in Long Beach, CA. Upon readying the set, a member of the crew was moving a hanging corpse, which was already one of the funhouse's attractions, when one of it's arms gave out. Upon studying the item, the crew member had come to the conclusion that this was no prop, but in fact a real corpse. Fleeing the site, he was only ridiculed by his co-workers.
Word eventually got around, and the corpse was taken to a lab for further research. The crew member was right, this was no joke.
After extensive investigation, the corpse's history was finally traced and a name was thus given, Elmer McCurdy.
Mr. McCurdy was an outlaw who's life came to a halt in 1910, when his last heist of $46.00 and two jugs of whiskey was foiled. He was shot dead in attempt to hold up the M.K.&T. passenger train. His body was then put on display at the local sheriff's office as an "example", if you will.
Five years after his body was finally laid to rest, two men, announcing themselves to be relatives of Mr. McCurdy, claimed that they were there to retrieve his body for a proper burial.
This was far from the truth, in fact they were promoters of a carnival. His body, turning up at the West Texas carnival, was branded "The Bandit Who Wouldn't Give Up".
His corpse, making more publicity than he had ever hoped for when he was alive, had finally found a home... on the end of a rope in an amusement park, until his final stroke of luck when he was finally given his long awaited "proper burial".
Believe it... or Don't.

Indy Parise

Alright
this story is not scary but amazing

Durin the midway in WWII one man was piloting a Hornet Dive bomber ,in the third wave ,when an enemy zero fighter strafed his plane. Blinded by glass splinters he called to his copilot and bombadier but got no answer for both men were dead. Then on the radio the man heard his senior officer Ltnt COmmander Neal mccormick on his radio. The voice guided him to an approach with the carrier yorktown. When told he was to land he said he could not do it. He started praying "The lord is my shephard; i shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul; He leadeth me in the path of righteousness for his names sake.. He then stopped for he had forgetten the words and he heard Mccormick on the radio "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me..." he finished the song and with the voices guidance landed the plane. Later he asked to thank Mccormick and was told that Mccormick's plane was one of the first to go down in the first wave of planes.

Strange how a dead man told another to land blindly and comforted him

from the book Angels beside you

true story

Onya

<i><b>The Great Molasses Flood of 1919</b></i>

<i>Forty minutes past noon on 15 January 1919, a giant wave of molasses raced through Boston. The unseasonably warm temperature (46 degrees) was the final stress needed to cause a gigantic, filled-to-capacity tank to burst. 2,320,000 gallons (14,000 tons) of molasses swept through the streets, causing death and destruction.

Eyewitness reports tell of a "30-foot wall of goo" that smashed buildings and tossed horses, wagons and pool tables about as if they were nothing. Twenty-one people were killed by the brown tidal wave, and 150 more were injured. The chaos and destruction were amplified -- and rescue efforts were hampered -- by the stickiness of the molasses. Those persons attempting to aid others all too often found themselves mired fast in the goo.

One of the sections of the tank wall fell on the firehouse which was nearby. The building was crushed and three firemen were buried in the ruins.

There are those who claim that on a hot summer day in the North End, you can still smell the molasses....</i>

Last edited:

BlackWhskyBlaze

The story of "The Great Molasses Flood" sounds very familiar, though I have never heard all of the details; pretty interesting, thank you.

Ironic how something so sweet can also be so deadly (reminds me of some of the women that I know).

BlackWhskyBlaze

A Dead President's Parade

When the President of the United States of, America Abraham Lincoln was assassinated in 1865 by John Wilkes Booth, his body was placed in a coffin aboard a "funeral train". The train stopped in each location along it's route for approximately eight minutes in order for the public to pay their last respects.

Shortly thereafter, reports of a phantom train was reported draped in black and bearing a car with what seemed to be the Presidents coffin. One carriage even carried a band of skeletal musicians.

As the mysterious phantom train continued along it's course, it stopped in each location as scheduled.
Clocks also stopped...
for approximately eight minutes.

Believe it... or Don't.

Last edited:

intergamer

BlackWhskyBlaze said:
When the President of the United States of, America Abraham Lincoln was assassinated in 1865 by John Wilkes Booth, his body was placed in a coffin aboard a "funeral train". The train stopped in each location along it's route for approximately eight minutes in order for the public to pay their last respects.

Shortly thereafter, reports of a phantom train was reported draped in black and bearing a car with what seemed to be the Presidents coffin. One carriage even carried a band of skeletal musicians.

As the mysterious phantom train continued along it's course, it stopped in each location as scheduled.
Clocks also stopped...
for approximately eight minutes.

Believe it... or Don't.

I don't believe that for a minute. Abraham Lincoln is still living on an island in the Pacific. Don't you try to pull that John Wilkes Booth nonsense on me.

Indy Parise

He said that his watch stopped and that the train was all black. He also said that he caught a glimpse of the orchestra and the coffin. He also said that he felt cold when he saw it. I'l post my drawing of it, which was studied by my friend and edited according to his info, later.

BlackWhskyBlaze

Indy Parise said:
He said that his watch stopped and that the train was all black. He also said that he caught a glimpse of the orchestra and the coffin. He also said that he felt cold when he saw it. I'l post my drawing of it, which was studied by my friend and edited according to his info, later.
Sorry, computer problems; all better now.

I look forward to seeing your sketch.