Soundtracks?

Stoo

Waitsjunkie said:
That was... terrifying.
It is truly bizarre. That said, when I first received the Satellite1 tracks, I played them on a repeating loop for almost 5 hours straight!:eek::eek:
lairdo said:
Anyway, I only stopped into the stage for maybe 10 minutes. It was amazing though to hear the orchestra live. And of course we got the recorded score a few days later after they mixed it. But we had about 4 shows in post at the time, so there was no time to linger.
Thanks for another story, Laird. I really envy you.:)
Irfaan said:
P.S. Stoo, haven't had the chance to say this since I haven't logged in but thanks for you old indy chronicles upload on your youtube channel, much appreciated :D
You're welcome, Irfaan. 2 more left to go...

Since we're on the subject of asking for stuff, some of you may have read elsewhere that one of my computers was stolen a week ago. I'm in the process of going through my backup files to see what Young Indy music is missing so I may be asking some of you good folks for some help in the near future.;)

dameain

Does anyone what the exotic indian music used in Young Indiana Jones Demons of Deception was called? This question has been bugging me for years and I would like an answer, if anyone has one.

InexorableTash

FYI, I've done a pass through Oganga and updated the cue list timings:

https://sites.google.com/site/youngindianajonesmusic/cue-lists/11-oganga-the-giver-and-taker-of-life

Can someone please track down the cue used at 0:05:54 - 0:06:32 on the DVD (the bit were Indy seizes the German machine gun)? I know it's on the OSTs somewhere but my ears are not being helpful today. It's likely from Phantom Train.

Side note: The DVD timings appear to vary depending on the application used. Windows Media Player vs. Mac OS DVD Player vs. VLC time stamps for a given frame can vary by as much as 30 seconds, so take them with a grain of salt. I'm trying to stick with VLC timings as that app is available cross-platform.

Demitasse

InexorableTash said:
Can someone please track down the cue used at 0:05:54 - 0:06:32 on the DVD (the bit were Indy seizes the German machine gun)? I know it's on the OSTs somewhere but my ears are not being helpful today. It's likely from Phantom Train.

Tash, you will find most of it on OST #2, Track 9 "Desert Storm" from about 3:06 on.

InexorableTash

Demitasse said:
Tash, you will find most of it on OST #2, Track 9 "Desert Storm" from about 3:06 on.

Aye, "most of it". It's the rest that's intriguing. :)

I figured it out - OST #4 The Old and the Bold @ 1:30-2:01 is used for that small section, for a total of about 124 seconds of "Phantom Train" music used in the DVD version of "Oganga".

T.E.Lawrence

Just found this edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWizRIv6flE

First 2,16 min. is from the complete track "The 21st Royal Fusileers".
After that it goes with the track from "The Old and the Bold but on 4,08 min. goes to the different direction. At that point The Old and the Bold is cuted and it starts with the track Tally Ho. Of course all tracks are from Volume 4.

I don't have it handy near me at this point other Joel McNelly releases (Filmworks etc) so I can't remember is this a manual edit or from some other release - does anyone else knows the source of this?

Demitasse

From the cross-fading between pieces it sounds like a fan made it.

Very cool to see more and more of the Young Indy score winding up on Youtube! I'd love to put together a video collage using some of the unofficially released score which we have thanks to excavations by the Raven team! Especially Trenches, Oganga, Hawkmen and Daredevils which all have a substantial amount to offer listeners from the Lego and DVD games.

lairdo

Been a while since I posted!

I met a VP from La La Land Records at Comic-com. I mentioned the idea of a Young Indy box set akin to the Ron Jones set Film Score Monthly did from Star Trek The Next Generation or that Intrada did for Amazing Stories. He was somewhat intrigued. I am going to follow up and see if I can encourage this in any way.

Don't go saving your money yet though. It's a big shot in the dark.

michael

Yeah I would definitely be interested in that, on my ongoing quest for every ounce of music from anything Indiana Jones.

Thanks for looking out for us, Lairdo!

InexorableTash

lairdo said:

There hasn't been much to say!

lairdo said:
I met a VP from La La Land Records at Comic-com. I mentioned the idea of a Young Indy box set akin to the Ron Jones set Film Score Monthly did from Star Trek The Next Generation or that Intrada did for Amazing Stories. He was somewhat intrigued. I am going to follow up and see if I can encourage this in any way.

If there is anything we can do to help, let us know. I can put a big juicy link on youngindianajonesmusic.com to his mailbox.... wait, that might backfire. :) Seriously though, anything. I'm happy to hand over that domain to La La Land for promitional purposes as well.

Not holding my breath, but definitely excited by the prospect.

La-La Land taking on Young Indy would be a dream come true... during the last couple of years LLL became my favorite soundtrack label, so that marriage would be just perfect!

I sent MV Gerhard (the head honcho of La-La Land Records) an e-mail suggesting Young Indy in the wake of the recent release of Paramount's "Star Trek: The Next Generation, Vol. 1". Here's his answer:

Young Indy is controlled by Lucasfilms actually… a project I would love to do some day

MV

phantom train

lairdo said:

Don't go saving your money yet though. It's a big shot in the dark.

Thanks for the info. I would be all for a comprehensive boxed CD soundtrack set of the score/music in the YIJC. I have a couple of the CD's that came out in the '90's, but these are far from complete; I know a lot of music from the show never made it onto the 4?! CD's.

A dream come true would be something along the lines of the IJ CD soundtrack boxed set that came out back in '08 - this was quite comprehensive, and was packaged very nicely to boot.

phantom train said:
A dream come true would be something along the lines of the IJ CD soundtrack boxed set that came out back in '08 - this was quite comprehensive, and was packaged very nicely to boot.
Actually it wasn't THAT comprehensive (and still not complete). Also KOTCS just got its regular album in there and no extensions.

I think, as Lairdo said, The Ron Jones Project is the better template on how to release the Young Indy scores (although I doubt it'd need 14 discs).

Demitasse

I identified some music from Perils of Cupid that hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet.

While Young Indy sneaks around the palace (37:00-39:00), the archduke and his guests are listening to Mozart?s Piano Concerto in D Minor, K. 466, 2nd Movement (Romanza). Rosenthal has incorporated elements of it into the score as well.
You can find a very similar version to the one used in the episode on the very last track of disc 3 of the score for the film Amadeus. This will add another nice little 10 minutes of music to your YIJC collections. The piece complements the musical cues of this episode very well.

MDew

Cool, nice find Demitasse! Not to get too far off-topic, but another officially unreleased TV score I'd like to get my hands on is for The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. I got into watching the show again lately and was surprised what an "Indy" feel it has to it (likely due to Jeffrey Boam's involvement) and what a great score it has, especially the pilot. There was a promo score leaked out a while back, but it is far from complete.

Stoo

Bravo, Demitasse!:hat: Most likely, my mother has this Mozart piece on CD so thanks for the 'heads up'. (Oh, and "Amadeus" is an excellent film.)

One of these days, I'm going to have to go through my notes and InexorableTash's spread sheets to update my list of all the *unidentified* LEGO and DVD Games tracks. In my personal files, I categorized everything as follows:

A) Indentified
B) 02-05 secs. Unidentified
C) 10-15 secs. Unidentified
D) 20-45 secs. Unidentified
E) +45 secs. Unidentified
F) Unidentified

Obviously, the last 3 categories (D, E & F) are the high priorities and there must be some more discoveries waiting to be found. The search ain't over yet!:D Does anyone have a prepared list of tracks that remain unsolved?:confused:

InexorableTash

Take a peek at http://www.youngindianajonesmusic.com/game-music - specifically, the links called "In Progress Track Breakdown" (one for LEGO Indy 1, one for LEGO Indy 2). Those take you go spreadsheets that list the tracks and use background color coding to indicate what we've discovered - gray = previously released, green = identified, yellow = some unidentified.

Let me know (PM if necessary) if you need any further details.