Farthest Away You've Been from Home?

Sea Monarch

I live in the United States, but I travelled to Santiago, Chile (long before the earthquake a few years ago), and Vina Del Mar/Valparaiso, also in Chile! Hard to believe, how fast time seems to have flown since then. I loved getting a stamp in my Passport. I remember many things about those places.

Santiago had a lot of smog. Valparaiso, was my first time that I can remember seeing the Ocean. I can still feel the waves and sand between my toes. (y) Less than a year later I heard the song "Valparaiso", from one of my favorite recording artists, Sting. It reminds me of that place, the Ocean, and a girl I met there. :)

I think it's about time, I got some more stamps in that Passport of mine ;)

Mickiana

Montana Smith said:
I went to the front gate once, but I got dizzy and had to turn back.

Thanks for a much needed laugh, Monty. That was hilarious! (y)

I got as far as northern Germany once. It was about a girl. Didn't work out.

Sea Monarch

Montana Smith said:
I went to the front gate once, but I got dizzy and had to turn back.

Yeah, Tom Petty was griping to me that you stood him up at those gates, :( but that even then, He Wouldn't Back Down! (y) He seemed quite emphatic about it. Kinda obsessed, if you ask me. :gun: Hey, that would make a great........ ;)

Spectre

Retired Air Force---been everywhere...done that...got the T-shirts....lol.
The BEST, was being stationed at Aviano AB, Italy for 5 years. We were about an hour from Venice. Yes--I've been to Chieso San Barnaba in FULL Indy gear....lol.

2656_56513092917_5608507_n.jpg

Sea Monarch

Spectre said:
Retired Air Force---been everywhere...done that...got the T-shirts....lol.
The BEST, was being stationed at Aviano AB, Italy for 5 years. We were about an hour from Venice. Yes--I've been to Chieso San Barnaba in FULL Indy gear....lol.

2656_56513092917_5608507_n.jpg

Boyyy, you aren't kidding. :D Cool shot!! (y) Even more impressive/daring than that, would be a picture of you in Italy, wearing your BSG Cylon armor, in all it's Silver glory!!! :D That is, if you're an even bigger BSG fan. ;)

Spectre

Sea Monarch said:
Boyyy, you aren't kidding. :D Cool shot!! (y) Even more impressive/daring than that, would be a picture of you in Italy, wearing your BSG Cylon armor, in all it's Silver glory!!! :D That is, if you're an even bigger BSG fan. ;)

Nope--don't have cylon armor--just a helmet....lol.
I wear my colonial warrior uniforms, though--but only to conventions....especially when drinking scotch and smoking cigars with Starbuck.

20130526_175850.jpg

20130526_184342.jpg

or playing pyramid with Boxey.....

20130526_134903.jpg

...or having dinner with Annie Lockhart (Sheba)...lol

20130525_200600.jpg

..but there IS a cylon that comes to hang out and watch football:

SDC10445.jpg

Sea Monarch

Spectre said:
Nope--don't have cylon armor--just a helmet....lol.
I wear my colonial warrior uniforms, though--but only to conventions....especially when drinking scotch and smoking cigars with Starbuck.

Hahahahaha! Tooo Coool. Always wanted to watch the original BSG, as a kid, but it usually conflicted with what Dad wanted to watch, so I was outranked! :( He loved Star Wars. Not sure, but I think he viewed BSG as the poor man's SW. :rolleyes:

One of these days I may give it a whirl. Meanwhile I get to enjoy the stock footage BSG effects, in the abominable Space Mutiny. Don't try watching this without the company of Mike, Tom Servo, and Crow T. Robot. Check it out, if you haven't already! (y)

Last edited by a moderator:

Spurlock

4965 miles.

New York to Honolulu. Didn't get to go into the jungles, mountains or anything like that :mad:, but I did get to see Pearl Harbor and go to a Polynesian Culture Museum.

Spectre

Sea Monarch said:
Hahahahaha! Tooo Coool. Always wanted to watch the original BSG, as a kid, but it usually conflicted with what Dad wanted to watch, so I was outranked! :( He loved Star Wars. Not sure, but I think he viewed BSG as the poor man's SW. :rolleyes:

One of these days I may give it a whirl. Meanwhile I get to enjoy the stock footage BSG effects, in the abominable Space Mutiny. Don't try watching this without the company of Mike, Tom Servo, and Crow T. Robot. Check it out, if you haven't already! (y)

You've GOT to watch it!!!!!
It wasn't the "poor man's Star Wars" at all. In fact, John Dykstra did the effects for the the pilot...lol. It was a great story, and the effects were decent. Characters were cool, too--you'd like Starbuck. Make sure to watch in order.....
You can catch all episodes here:

http://www.nbc.com/classic-tv/battlestar-galactica/video/categories/season-1/583108/?view=list

Drones33

The mileage...

Travelled quite a bit. There is nothing I love more than an adventure. Wife and I went through Canada and Alaska a couple of years ago, that was a great trip. Last year we spent a few weeks travelling around Thailand and Cambodia. Visited Ankor Wat. That was incredible.
And in June of this year my wife, my Wested and myself went to Austria on a walking holiday.
Next year though is the big one. We are off to America! Start off in San Francisco, then it's three weeks camping in the national parks finishing with the Grand Canyon. Then a couple of days in Vegas to finish off. CANNOT WAIT. :)

jsarino

^^^Nice! You'll have to post (with Wested or other Indy gear of course) when you travel to the States. :)

Longest trip for me is still my every couple of years trip of St. Louis, Missouri (US) to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to visit my wife's family. Per Google, it's 9,447 miles. Total travel time (flight time + layovers) is roughly 30 hours.

sheffsteve

I suppose I've been to quite a few different places. Furthest away was 6,000 miles when I was in Bangkok (pre digital camera so no photos to post). But I probably didn't feel that far away from home strangely. Also spent two and half weeks digging in Israel and that was probably where I FELT the furthest away from home.
IMG_0080_zps3f77cd61.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

That's me standing above the Dead Sea.

Seven

Furthest I've ever been from home was when I visited Frankfurt Germany for Christmas in 2012.

kMcVN7V.jpg

Man, I didn't take nearly enough pictures. :(