Jurassic World

roundshort

temple of john said:
Am I the only one that feels that they should have stopped after the second one?

I don't know why, buit I have a soft spot for the JP movies. I really liked the first one, wasn't into the others, but have found them very rewatchable at home. I dont' think I saw the second ro third inthe theater coemt o think of it. They are better than average back-ground movies. I wouldn't mind a 4th.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I think a good rule for the series is once characters pair off, they're out. Beyond that, bring 'em all back:

Grant, Hammond, Tim, Wu, Roland, a one-armed Samuel Jackson, and a love triangle involving Nick, Billy, and Lex. Her never-seen divorced mother as a romantic interest for Grant.
Cannon fodder: Dodgson, Juanito Rostagno, Gerry Harding (triceratops doc and Sarah's father) and either Billy or Nick. Possibly Roland.

The Man

Goonie said:
I wouldn't mind a JP4, but dino commandos? What the *beep*? :eek:

raptor_gun.jpg

"Who's extinct now, b!tchass?!"

kongisking

AW, MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!! Don't do this, guys! Don't kill JP!!!! I was really looking forward to seeing exactly what Spielberg's "mother of all ideas" was...

Indy Croft

well charater designs for JP3 was done by my hero. I used to be obsessed with JP when i was young, I loved all three but book were better. I sure hope JP 4 would be made.

monkey

Aaron H said:
Many, many moons ago monkey, Shipwreck, and myself all were working on a JPIV script. After we heard work was starting on the real thing we gave it up. However, not until after we heard that the script idea was an Ice Age park...the idea we had been working on was the same concept.

Who says the film industry doesn't "borrow" ideas?

Aaron, I remember well our ideas for JPIV. We had some GREAT ideas! I drafted up a very good outline for our story. Unfortunately, as you say above, we thought that our ideas had been co-opted, so we gave it up.

I still have the outline. It is still a great story idea.

And it seems as if they are going to make a JPIV with Dinos again??? I kind of think that idea has been done to death. I just don't see it being a good movie. What could they bring to it that would make it interesting?

An Ice age park would be Soooo much more interesting.

Let me dig into my old notebooks and find that outline. If they truly are going to make JPIV with Dinos, then maybe I should scratch out the IV on our outline and put a V there.

Insomniac

Michael Crichton sadly died on Tuesday, November 4, 2008 after a courageous and private battle against cancer and sadly on June 15, 2008 wizard of special FX passed away.In memory of these two i hope this movie is awesome.

Hans

Jurassic Park 4

Has anyone heard of the new toyline featuring jurassic park.Do you think There will be movie? If so What do you think the new storyline will be will Alan Grant return what do you think?:confused:

Hawkeye

Uh, no. They've said that there won't be another one, and I don't foresee it happening anytime soon, so no. My guess on the toyline is that since they're releasing the trilogy on Blu-Ray, they want to milk it for all it's worth (and what it's not). Kids (such as myself when the first movie came out) ate up the toys and action figures in 1993, so they see it as a good way to capitalize on the new Blu-Ray release.

RedeemedChild

Hawkeye said:
Uh, no. They've said that there won't be another one, and I don't foresee it happening anytime soon, so no. My guess on the toyline is that since they're releasing the trilogy on Blu-Ray, they want to milk it for all it's worth (and what it's not). Kids (such as myself when the first movie came out) ate up the toys and action figures in 1993, so they see it as a good way to capitalize on the new Blu-Ray release.

Well even if they don't plan a movie they would at lest make an animated series Jurassic Park television series. Simply look at how successful Star Wars: The Clone Wars has been, the season finale for S1 had 3.3 million viewers more than Avatar had on Nickelodeon. Plus, Halo is getting an animated series. Jurassic Park should have one to.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
For contrast, it helps to read Marshall's comments on a hopeless project:

"No... I don't know. You know, when Michael Crichton passed away, I sorta felt maybe that's it. Maybe that's a sign that we don't mess with it."
"We don't have a story."
"At this point, you could call it a long shot."

Insomniac

Moedred said:
For contrast, it helps to read Marshall's comments on a hopeless project:

"No... I don't know. You know, when Michael Crichton passed away, I sorta felt maybe that's it. Maybe that's a sign that we don't mess with it."
"We don't have a story."
"At this point, you could call it a long shot."
:(
At least they let us down nice and easy!
And didn't build us up with anymore false hope!
But I have premonition Spielberg still wants to pay homage to his fallen peers!

Agent Crab

I heard rumours about the 4th JP for a very longtime now. Then again, the thrid one wasn't as great as the first one was.

fixer79

I've always wanted to see a Jurassic Park movie where they rebuild the park and everything goes well for a while.
That way, you could have rampaging dinosaurs among a huge number of visitors... Kinda like in the 'JP: Operation Genesis' game.

So far, all movies have been a little group of main characters trying to survive. I'd like to see a little group of main characters among busloads of visitors trying to survive. :)