Anybody who still thinks Harrisons age is an issue...

mikieson said:
lol..thanks..you know if you pick apart any movie you'll find something that is "off"...I tend to not pick. I watch them to escape my bland,dull life. AND every Indy film has helped me escape. Thats what the movies are for, and thats what they do..Have fun watching it...:hat:

Film studies are serious, deep and rich endeavours, whether undertaken academically or on a fan basis - just as with literature or indeed any other media, criticism (which by definition can be both positive and negative) can help shed light in appreciating or understanding an art work.

Film as escapism is hardly a new thing. Raiders Of The Lost Ark fulfills that function perfectly and beautifully - which is why it always rates highly in top movie lists, regardless of genre.

Indiana Jones & The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull, on the other hand - will never even scrape the foothills of those lists and is far more likely to be referenced in lists designed to show just how badly the industry got it wrong.

These things dont just happen out of thin air you know.

mikieson

replican't said:
Film studies are serious, deep and rich endeavours, whether undertaken academically or on a fan basis - just as with literature or indeed any other media, criticism (which by definition can be both positive and negative) can help shed light in appreciating or understanding an art work.

Film as escapism is hardly a new thing. Raiders Of The Lost Ark fulfills that function perfectly and beautifully - which is why it always rates highly in top movie lists, regardless of genre.

Indiana Jones & The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull, on the other hand - will never even scrape the foothills of those lists and is far more likely to be referenced in lists designed to show just how badly the industry got it wrong.

These things dont just happen out of thin air you know.
Im just gald im "ME" and not someone that dissects movies,music,games NOR am I someone that cares what said entertainments rate..Ive seen bad movies..Ive seen HORRIBLE movies..I turn them off within 10min OR leave on while im on my pc and not paying attention to them..KOTCS I seen in theaters day one..and bought day one and have seen it probably 20x. SO it must not be what "I" feel is a bad movie.

Silvor

It's pretty well known that Ford is very uncomfortable and nervous when dealing with crowds. He's always been this way.

It still baffles me how people can't seem to get this fact after so many years.

Take a look at this video where Jon Favreau interviews Ford from last June.
Doesn't look like he's about to fall into a coma to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4xdWpo4bh8&feature=relmfu

Last edited:

Olliana

The first video is just a taste of his well-known, dry kind of humor and the second one just proves that he still can talk and interact very agil and ready witted.

mikieson

Good we all agree that INDY 5 should be made and that HF still looks incredible and needs to put on the gear..:)

so.....:gun:

Stoo

Raiders112390 said:
The point is, the man looks ancient now. He's 70. Indy 5 isn't going to happen. He's a few years away from the retirement home. The majority don't want to see an elderly Indy. And this whole thread is about how Harrison looks and how his age is (or isn't) an issue.
Funny that you are now playing the 'on-topic' card because it never mattered to you in the past.:rolleyes: That said, if you're going to adhere to the purpose of this topic in regards to Indy 5, then why bother comparing the 39-year-old Ford with the 49-year-old Ford?:confused: (Not to mention your long 'wish-list' of how "Crystal Skull" should have been made.)

Anyway, you've repeatedly spoken about your desire to see Indy 5 set in the early 1960s (and even started *3* threads about it). That setting would require an older Harrison!:gun:
Raiders112390 said:
He's also grown softer as a character. Would the Indy of the original trilogy have really believed Mac or forgiven his repeated treachery enough to try to save him at the end? This is a character who we're first introduced to when he without a moment's hesitation whips the gun out of a hired goon who's about to betray him, and then glares evily at said goon as the goon runs away. The only reasons he forgave Elsa's betrayal was because A) He loved her B) She was a woman, he has a soft spot for women and C) He realized she wasn't a real Nazi; She was much like him in many ways. Mac was a "friend" who couldn't care less if Indy got killed as long as he got the riches at Akator. Would Mac have been able to pull the wool over Indy's eyes and regain his trust after repeated betrayals in 1935, 1936, 1938?

A) He loved her B) She was a woman, he has a soft spot for women and C) He realized she wasn't a real Nazi;
You're forgetting (or conveniently ignoring) the fact that Indy tried to save the Thuggee Guard from death by rock crusher.

Using Raiders112390's logic:
A) Indy loved the Thuggee Guard.
B) The guard was a big, burly man and Indy has a soft spot for big, burly men.
C) Indy realized that the guard was a fellow human being.
Raiders112390 said:
I was pointing out the man aged badly. Accept it,
Raiders112390 said:
And he was looking long in the tooth by LC. I stand by that. An actor's appearance kinda defines the character they're playing and when the guy looks older and weathered, their character is going to look the same way.
4 years (Technically 5 years if we're counting that filming was in 2007) can make a big difference in someone's appearance dude. 4 years ago Harrison was less jowly and less wrinkled.
Like I said before, you are much too obsessed with Harrison's wrinkles and your statements are inconsistent and contradictory.

According to Raiders112390:
1989 - Harrison aged badly.
2008 - Harrison didn't look bad.
2012 - Harrison aged badly.

All within the space of 2 weeks! Raiders112390, you are mixed up and your opinions don't make any sense. Your opinions change like a blowing wind, traveling from hither to thither. This makes it difficult to understand your true position.
Raiders112390 said:
And you basically copy down people's post names and recall posts of theirs from 2, 3, 4 years ago in an effort to trap them. One of the mods even said you are obsessed and not in a good way with playing at being a mod.
I would ask you to provide examples of me trying to "trap" someone from 3-4 year-old posts but you won't be able do it because:

1 - They don't exist.
2 - You refuse to use the search function.

Regardless, this has NOTHING to do with Harrison's age so I don't know why you're fixating on it. (Do I need to mention the fact that you were suspended *3* times because you didn't listen to the mods?):p

Kernunnos

mikieson said:
Good we all agree that INDY 5 should be made and that HF still looks incredible and needs to put on the gear..:)

so.....:gun:

He looks his age, albeit bloody good for his age. Certainly good enough for another Indy movie or two.

Should Indy 5 be made?

Nobody wants more Indy films than me. I'd like another two to make up a second trilogy. The doubt I've got right now is whether Lucas and Spielberg are capable, or willing, to give us a movie that does the character justice.

Rivers

If George plans on retiring from major motion pictures, what better way to end his career than doing one last movie with two of his best friends.
That is what I think he should do and that is exactly what I think he is gonna do.
Bring on Indy 5!

Indy's brother

Rivers said:
If George plans on retiring from major motion pictures, what better way to end his career than doing one last movie with two of his best friends.
That is what I think he should do and that is exactly what I think he is gonna do.
Bring on Indy 5!

I would love to hear Lucas say something like this.