why not Indy Lego?

yodablob

junny thunder is already a very obvious coppy of Indiana Jones, why not just go ahead and make indiana jones lego? the lego studios preview movies made a reference to it in their video, and they made star wars lego, the also got speilsberg's name for studios, so why couldn't they get jones a few lego sets?

IndyA

Because the main market for legos is the age 6-8 and if you
ask 20 kids if they know what indiana jones is.....they have know idea. The bottom line is it probaly would not sell that great because all the little kids would then its just a ripoff on johnny thunder and not buy it.
IndyA

Attila the Professor

Staff member
It's probably liscensing. George created the entire Star Wars universe, and so feels no qualms about marketing that to the ends of the earth, but Indy's world is different, meaning it's a mythical version of a real world, but admittedly, a large world with many small parts to it. That's a very broad merchandising area, with narrow specifics.

yodablob

Re: ...

IndyA said:
Because the main market for legos is the age 6-8 and if you
ask 20 kids if they know what indiana jones is.....they have know idea. The bottom line is it probaly would not sell that great because all the little kids would then its just a ripoff on johnny thunder and not buy it.
IndyA

um indy A, if this is indeed the same indyA a from brick films? any way,how old are you? how did you find out about the jones trilogy? from an elder? (just guesses) i wasnt born when indy one and two came out (aug 13 89) i admit i was alive when indy 3 came out but didnt know about it! classics like indy dont just die out, they get passes on from generation to generation. there for every generation knows about it. so if lego made jones sets they would know it was a movie. also do you really think little kids would care if it was jones or johnny thunder? its all the same when your six!

Id love to see a temple of doom set with the mine karts! any way i still think lego should make indy sets, wait i had a revilation! if indy 4 comes out then little kids would know about it! then they could make indiana lego!

IndyA

Yep,
Its me ive been here for 3 years and on indygear .com for 3 and on brickfilms for 2 and my first name was indys trading post then changed to indyanimation then to molorom(which i still use on indygear) then to IndyA. I first saw indiana jones when i was 6 years old on amc at 12:00. Ok believe me they do care...they are all to uderly stupid to understand that indiana jones was created first....some even believe that indiana jones is a rip off of johnny thunder....look...
http://boards.lego.com/default/topic.jsp?id=000802b3b625000000f392081ac9007b&page=1&
Tisk Tisk.....me and yolego tried to knock some
sense into them it just did not work.
IndyA

yodablob

woah! some of those guys are kinda dense, i see your point. (in my opinion Indy is more realistic because of jis fear of snakes, caurse there is nothing realistic about lego)

chriscc

anyone

Hi i found a website with indy legos. Somebody made the legos themselves but they look cool anyway i can't remeber the name of the site but if you go on search for indy lego you can probably find it!

Patrick

Well, I believe this might have been mentioned before, But I think the lego corporation did not want to take risk in making the toys authentic, Since they a vague view of the how they would profit.

yodablob

I dont this it is supposed to be the rolling classic ball, at the bottum of the pic it says temple of doom, but yeah its the standard lego rock.

indy148

I'm only 13 and I love the films!!! How does that surpirsie anyone??
ANyways, I heard that the first Johnny Thunder sets were ment to be Indiana Jones, but they never got the license aggreement. They quickly changed the character's appearance and name, including his sidekcicks and villains. It hurts me to see that they have a bunch of Star Wars sets though (but at least they have a Harrison FOrd Minifigure!)

Yolegoman

Hey, I'm currently working on the skin for my new forum... anyway, soon we will have a forum just for Brickventure Jones, as I call him. I'll post the link when I'm done. ;)

Yolegoman