View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 10:15 PM   #78
JP Jones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbidden Eye
I love Temple of Doom because it's fresh. While George and Steven copied Raiders afterward and thus created the "Indy formula" the only thing that connects Temple and Raiders is the character Indiana Jones. It is the 2nd most iconic in the series, with the mice-cart chase and the bridge scene cemented in mind the same way they are with others. It also happens to be the film Indy almost looses his hat, and grabs it before the wall closes. That scenes always if referenced/spoofed as oppose to the whip one in Raiders.

I love Temple of Doom because in this day of age when family films try hard to comfort their audience, bending down to them and compromising to the point they give us tripe, Temple truly goes all the way and offers genuine scares.

I love Temple of Doom because it reminds the world Christianity and Judaism aren't the only religions in the word.

I love Temple of Doom because it has one of the most thrilling opening 22 minutes I've ever scenes and rivals many movie openings(including Raiders).

I love Temple of Doom because Harrison Ford is in his prime.

I love Temple of Doom for its terrific use of John Williams music.

I love Temple of Doom for its fantastic use of colors and locations.

I love Temple of Doom as its the only film where Indy actually wins.

I love Temple of Doom because of nostalgia and that it always brings me to more pleasant place at a more pleasant time.

I love Temple of Doom because its FUN!
You're AWESOME dude! 100% Agreed!
JP Jones is offline   Reply With Quote