Indiana Jones and the Attempt to Tell Temple of Doom from Memory Thread

bonoferox

"Now the palace has the power of the dark light. The palace killed my people. They took Shivalinga, then evil moved like a monsoon over our village."

(something like that)

WillKill4Food

bonoferox said:
"Now the palace has the power of the dark light. The palace killed my people. They took Shivalinga, then evil moved like a monsoon over our village."

(something like that)
Hehe. You forgot the pauses built in by Spielberg's having to tell the dude what to say: "like monsoon .... over our village"
Unfornately, I don't know the next line...

Sam Falco

Actually....

They say, we must pray to their evil god... we say; we will NOT.

Willie: I'm sorry, but I dont understand how one rock could destroy a whole village...

The_Raiders

The shamen begoings speaking his native language.

Indy: "He said when the stone was stolen the village wells dried up and turned to sand."

Shaman continues speaking.

Indy: "The animals laid down and turned to dust, one night there was a fire in the feilds, men went out to fight the fire, when they returned the women were crying in the darkness."

Shamen says something

Indy turns back quentioningly

Indy: "Children... says they stole their children."

Dust McAlan

Nighttime. One of the children. worn and starving, makes his way into the village, stumbling into Indy's arms. He holds out a piece of parchment.

Boy: Sankara.

The boy's mother takes him, weeping the whole way. Indy looks at the parchment and his face glows at the image of Shiva.

Indiana: Sankara.

Sam Falco

Cut to: Indy sitting on a hillside under the starts, Short Round climbs up quickly, gasping for breath as he reaches the top.

Shorty: Little boy escape from the... Evil... palace.... many other children... still there. What we do Docta Jones?
(Indy stands up and looks out at the distance)
What you think?

Indy: I think that someone believes this village's good luck rock is one of the lost Sankara stones...

Shorty: What is Sankara?

Indy: Fortune and glory, kid... Fortune and glory.

acsgrlie

Trek music starts up.

Indy and Shorty appear on elephants.

Willie tries unsuccessfully to get on top of hers.

Cut to villagers :eek: faces.

Dust McAlan

Willie: Hey! I can't ride like this to Dehli!

Indiana: We're not going to Dehli, princess! We're going to Pankot Palace!

Willie: Pankot?! I can't go to Pankot Palace! Oh---*muddled complaining*

bonoferox

The Shaman prays or says something as they ride away.

Shorty (to the elephant): "You come to America with me. You like that? You're my best friend."

Sam Falco

Willie begins sniffing her elephant, recoiling in disgust and pouring perfume on its head, it groans in protest.

Willie: Oh quiet, this is expensive stuff.

She continues to pour it on the elephant, who is not happy about it.

Willie: Pipe down ya big baboon, this doesnt hurt. Ya know what you really need? You really need a bath-

The elephant sprays Willie with water, knocking her off its back and face-first into a pond next to the road.