Indiana Jones And The Dagger of Coronado (FAN FILM)

HenryJunior

Well, that map looked good, but I've realized I need one that will better match the location we choose. The markings will be the same but I'll need to make a new one with accurate mountains.

It's very close now, July 2013, we will start filming.

HenryJunior

I have the benefit of a lot of good locations since I live in Arizona. There's actually a mountain near my house that looks a lot like the Paramount logo. The interior sets will be built in my garage.

HenryJunior

Well some interesting things have developed in the production of TDOC. For the time being the storyline involving Belloq is getting dropped in favor of a more simplified story. I've always believed the best movies are made by overcoming problems and being told no, so in a strange way I'm still very confident. The changes shouldn't delay the movie. We started building sets and gathering the final pieces we need. Indy's Costume is complete, and full production is nearly underway. (y)

HenryJunior

And so it begins!

7/24/13 First Day of Filming!

About one minute of finished film was captured, and I should continue progressing throughout the week.

Here's a sneak preview still from the movie!

1rhq.jpg

HenryJunior

7/30/13 First Unit Finished

After 3 nights of shooting, the first Unit (interiors) is done! This portion was the largest chunk of the movie and it feels great to have it done. The most time consuming part is coming up now though, the special effects.

At the same time, I'm moving onto the Second Unit, Exterior shots! :whip:

HenryJunior

It's just a waiting game for certain things right now. I'm excited to say a new original villain has been put in the film, but something always seems to get in the way of shooting days. Hopefully within a week or two we will have the climax filmed. My friend is a little busy but he is still committed to working on the animated FX shots for me.

About a week ago I started shooting the opening sequence, it was very satisfying to finally get a peek at the opening credits.

I truly appreciate the continued interest from my fellow Raveners, this movie is for all of you. Things have just slowed down a bit now that school has started. I couldn't tell you exactly when, but the end is almost in sight.

We may be getting a trailer soon as well.

kongisking

HenryJunior said:
It's just a waiting game for certain things right now. I'm excited to say a new original villain has been put in the film, but something always seems to get in the way of shooting days. Hopefully within a week or two we will have the climax filmed. My friend is a little busy but he is still committed to working on the animated FX shots for me.

About a week ago I started shooting the opening sequence, it was very satisfying to finally get a peek at the opening credits.

I truly appreciate the continued interest from my fellow Raveners, this movie is for all of you. Things have just slowed down a bit now that school has started. I couldn't tell you exactly when, but the end is almost in sight.

We may be getting a trailer soon as well.

I presume my offer to do voice-over still is being considered?

HenryJunior

In a perfect world my fan film would be long enough for a trailer with your voice Kongisking, but any longer and I'd be giving away the whole movie :p . I may revisit your offer if I make another trailer though, I still would like to make a tribute to the over the top 80's Raiders trailer.

10/22/13
Anyways folks, HERE IT IS! The first real trailer! The previous ones were tests of sorts, the first one was so inaccurate and old I removed it :dead:. This past week I filmed scenes with my friend Brittany. Thus I can officially introduce you to another villain in the world of Indiana Jones, Sylvia Ward.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UJZhN5IidvA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Please feel free to tell me what you think! The movie is getting so close now, I couldn't tell you exactly when, but soon. Thanks as usual fellow Raveners! :hat:

kongisking

A perfectly serviceable teaser, if you ask me! Good stuff!

And no worries about the voice-over. Should you require me, I shall be around...;)

HenryJunior

January 13, 2014 UPDATE

I took a bit of hiatus but good things are happening.

I recently had my Computer and editing software upgraded. I'm going to re-edit the existing footage for 1080 HD quality, much better color correction, and I can finally start FX shots. My footage was originally shot in 1080 HD but I had to compress it down to 720 resulting in a very poor grainy image. Since the final version will be re-edited there may be minor discrepancies from the trailer, but the final product will be so much better.

I still need to plan my final block of shooting, pick ups and filling in the gaps, etc. I recently had my hair cut to match continuity so I need to take advantage of that as soon as possible :D

I did finish my first FX shot this past weekend which I'm very pleased with since it was something I've been planning for almost a year and a half (y)

My summer schedule also appears to be in place, so a release date This Summer seems very feasible. Who knows, I usually over estimate things so it could be sooner...

Thanks for the support! :whip:

Last edited:

HenryJunior

April 6th 2014 UPDATE

Great news! I filmed what is going to be the ending of the film this weekend! I A big chunk is now crossed off. There is still a scene towards the middle and some other little shots to pick up, but filming is back underway!

Also last time I had just started re-editing with better color correction and 1080 HD. I've gone about as far as I can with that until some of the missing things fall into place. I'm gonna try to plan for filming this coming weekend. If I can get as much as possible done, filming my wrap very soon.

Plain text updates are boring so here's a frame from what I filmed this weekend:

frame_zpsa60ab847.jpg

Lance Quazar

SO many fan films (Indy and otherwise) never quite reach the finish line, (Ahem, ahem "Treasure of the Templars") that it's wonderful you're still working on this baby.

Best of luck, looking forward to the finished product. Looking great so far!