Forbes 400

Joe Brody

No big news . . .

George Lucas (net worth $3.6B) and Steven Spielberg ($2.9B) both made Forbes Magazine's list of the world's wealthiest. Each listee gets a quick paragraph summarizing accomplishments and personal data -- with a closing line as to what is 'Next Up' for the listee. So what's next? It's Indy IV for both Spielberg and Lucas.

Again, no big news -- but I'm sure this sort of fluff is run past each listee's PR folks, so it's good to see the people towing the same party line.

Now where in the H*ll is that official confirmation?

firewall-sydney07.jpg

torao

Moderator Emeritus
oh my god.

a picture.

i understand that you may have lost all interest in indy IV. well, i even understand it if folks don't want indy IV at all. it is all right to consider the risk as too high, to n.
I'd even understand it if you told me how you didn't want to see a story about an older indy.

SNAPSHOTS
i don't understand it, though how the posting of snapshots, in which a 64 years old Ford looks a bit like 64 is manifesting any of these arguments.
You can easily come up with a dozen pictures on which he looks like he may not be able to portray a believable indy. At the same time there are snapshots (from 2005, 2006) that just let you melt away in awe of this man.
But we are not talking about a side show, when we talk indyIV. this is (or wont be) a movie, man.
On almost any video I've seen, that showed Ford appearing on Award Shows (excluding the Emmys :) ) I was amazed by his charming appearance. Just watch this clip showing him and Calista on the firewall premiere in melbourne, on youtube. he still has the charme and wit in his eyes that made him that perfect for indy. Even if he looks older.

ANYWAY
I'd like to see people discuss their opposition of indyIV on this board even if it's just resignation...after all we went through.

temple of john: I followed lots of your posts. Still I don't have a curve showing me how your enthusiasm went most recently. If this outbreak of sudden indyIV ignorance and opposition isn't new, why declare it as such? To bring on this complaint in october 2006 is a bit weird, I think. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I rather have the feeling that we're in a hot stage and if it's not gonna happening in the next 12 months it wont happen at anytime. The neverending talk and repetition of phrases concerning the stage of indyIV happens for twelve years now.
So, in the next few months I think, wether the Koepp play works or doesn't, the fate of indyIV will finally be ...sealed or whatever you call it
That's my attitude right now.
I understand your resignation. But please tell if it is just a feeling in the stomache instead of listing stupid, nonexisting reasons. Reasons like random snapshots upon which an actor's ability to act and amaze are judged.
Yeah, replican't, posting that picture was a big leap for this message board. Maybe we should start a little picture battle. pictures showing a great looking harry vs. those showing one that looks a bit worn out. it's gonna be great.

arghh.... ;)

torao

Moderator Emeritus
temple of john said:
I had been excited about Indy 4 for a long time and if you read the recent threads that have been opened, I, along with most people I would say have really begun to lose steam about this movie. We all have talked about it over and over and over again for what?...4 or 5 years now? It's really just gotten boring I think. If the studio announces that filming has begun, then trust me, I'll be very excited but for now, I just don't see the point in being stoked all the time about a film that is at best, a 60% chance of happening.

QUOTE]

well...it was a pleasure to read your good answer :) ...
...among other things, because I think it expresses a mood everyone or...most of us find themselves in more or less right now.

Maybe I'm just implying my own feelings here but your thought of everything running out into a big void right now is also a sign for our current state of now or neveras far as the filming of indy IV is concerned.

It's that feeling that not only the filmmakers, but also the fans have come to the mountain's top (ahem...I'll stop with the wacky symbolism :) ), a point on which the whole thing may not bear any longer.
The difference of our two perceptions of the whole situation is probably only that my hope is not that dead yet. My hope is all David Koepp at this moment.
Well...a lot of people call me idealistic, optimistic ...and naive.

Don't you guys think, that we'll have a clear start of filming or the end of all things indy IV within the next three months?

You're right. Actually the picture battle could be a fun ...game (nothing more) :)
gimme a minute....

Last edited:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the post-KotCS Forbes Celebrity 100! Still no Shia.

Lucas $170 million:
With help from the fourth installment of Indiana Jones, of which he split a large portion of the back-end receipts with director Steven Spielberg and actor Harrison Ford, Lucas grossed $170 million this year. A healthy chunk of his earnings come from his ownership rights in all things Star Wars, including a new animated movie and TV show, The Clone Wars.
Spielberg $150 million:
The director had a tough time finding a home for his DreamWorks studio after bolting from parent company Viacom in October 2008. He finally landed at Disney four months later. The struggle didn't hurt his own earnings, though. Thanks in part to the latest Indiana Jones movie, of which he split a large portion of the back-end receipts with executive producer George Lucas and actor Harrison Ford, Spielberg brought home $150 million this year.
Ford $65 million:
Until last year, Ford had largely stepped out of the limelight, appearing in only four films since 2000. Then came the fourth installment of the Indiana Jones franchise in May 2008. The movie grossed $787 million at the worldwide box office; Ford split a large chunk of the movie's back-end receipts with director Steven Spielberg and executive producer George Lucas.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Flipping through the latest Forbes 400, Spielberg and Lucas each have $3B, tying them at rank 97 among America's richest. One is filed under 'Namemakers & Newsbreakers,' the other 'Revolutionaries.' "Despite tepid reviews, film grossed $782 million in worldwide box office."

Last edited:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
It's that time of year again!

97. George Lucas - $3.25B
110. Spielberg - $3B

No Indy updates. Ford's not on this American 400 list.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't see any of the three beards on this year's Celebrity 100 list, determined by "income, Google hits, fan base, press clips and magazine covers."

From the 2015 400 list:
94. George Lucas - $5 B
164. Steven Spielberg - $3.6 B