Grail Temple on LEGO Ideas

Crack that whip

As most fellow LEGO geeks here may already know, LEGO has a crowdsourcing platform called LEGO Ideas (previously known as LEGO CUUSOO), through which fans can propose ideas for things they'd like to see LEGO produce as official sets. Fans vote for projects they like, and anything that gets 10,000 votes within a certain timeframe will be officially evaluated and considered as a possible LEGO set. Even with 10,000 votes, there's no guarantee something will be produced, but every project that hits the vote target gets a fair shot. It's essentially a way for fans to pitch their Ideas to LEGO, with other fans helping to decide upon the best projects to enter review out of the thousands that get posted. The program has already produced a number of cool, fan-created sets, including some based on licensed entertainment properties such as Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, Minecraft, and others.

Anyway, there's a really nice Indiana Jones Grail Temple project (not mine, though I do intend to submit some Indy-related ideas of my own eventually) that's been there most of a year. It's due to expire in a little over a week, but it's also less than 90 votes away from a thousand, and if it gets a thousand votes before it expires it'll get a six-month extension. While honestly the project as proposed is so large as to be unlikely even if it gets all the way to 10,000, it can't hurt to try. I also thought if it does well in gathering votes, at the very least it'll generate more attention for and interest in other Indy LEGO, perhaps spurring additional Ideas submissions and / or voter support for them. And hey, you never know - it could become a set! I just thought I'd share it here, then, to give it a better shot at gathering support. You'll need a LEGO Ideas member account to vote for it, but it's free and pretty painless to set up.

(Thanks to Attila the Professor for the OK to post this request here. Much appreciated! :hat: )

Z dweller

It looks good, but I suspect this isn't gonna fly - whether older Indy fans like it or not.

If I were Lego, I'd wait until Disney eventually release the fifth movie before putting out any Indy-related set.
A new one based on Indy 5 would have a much greater chance of proving commercially successful.

Crack that whip

A set that was a lot smaller than this would have a real chance, though. CUUSOO / Ideas projects that have actually gotten approved included a WALL•E set, released this year (seven years after the movie was released), a Ghostbusters set, released last year in conjunction with the 30th anniversary of the original movie but no new productions, and a Back to the Future set, released in 2013 in conjunction with nothing. While it might help if a project pertains to a new / current / ongoing movie or show, it's clearly not required. Moreover, given the timeframes involved, Disney might well have announced the next movie by the time this actually makes it to review, if it gets that far, anyway.

As noted, the major obstacle to this one (aside from the apparent likelihood it won't garner enough votes in time to even get considered) is the sheer size of it. While a final set would be changed from the project proposal, they would change it only so much, and a set that reflected the project shown and described here would be at least a couple hundred bucks - a few times the price and size of any Ideas set approved to date.

Crack that whip

No telling, but I'm pleased to note the project did indeed pass 1000 votes and get its time extended (I would have mentioned it earlier but I was having trouble logging in).

Crack that whip

Update: As previously noted, it did get the extra time, and has been using it the past several months to garner a couple hundred additional votes; its total now stands at 1237. Unfortunately it has just 11 days left in which to gather the 3763 additional votes needed to hit the next milestone and gain another six months. I don't think it's going to make it.

:(