Ideas For New Indy Actor

Walecs

Face_Palm said:
Out of the entire Jurassic Park franchise, Jurassic World is the second highest rated by critics and fans and made way more money than any installment in the series. If somebody could do to Indiana Jones what Pratt did for Jurassic World, we would be in for a real treat.

Yeah, because the reason Jurassic World is high rated and made tons of money is Chris Pratt.

indytim

And here we see Ryan channeling ToD Indy ...

Gosling-Golden-Globes.jpg

Or maybe channeling Indy channeling James Bond?!

0a246-connery-ford-tuxedoes.jpg

Finn

Staff member
Walecs said:
Yeah, because the reason Jurassic World is high rated and made tons of money is Chris Pratt.
Yeah. The biggest reason an entry in a long-lasting media franchise will make money is the franchise name itself.

From solely economical point of view, it doesn't really matter whether we get a recast Indy or the whole piece is retooled to something not like ever seen to accommodate Mr. Ford's age, Indy 5 and all subsequent entries will still turn a buck. And that's simply because it has "Indiana Jones" in its title.

seasider

Face_Palm said:
Agreed. Which is why he wasn't chosen to be a young Han Solo.

We don't know if that was the reason but I agree that there's a lot more that goes into portraying a character like Indiana Jones than just being able mimic Harrison Ford. To borrow the cliche, you have to make the character your own.

Willie Hott

seasider said:
We don't know if that was the reason but I agree that there's a lot more that goes into portraying a character like Indiana Jones than just being able mimic Harrison Ford. To borrow the cliche, you have to make the character your own.
It's his "likeness" to Ford/Jones that makes him my top choice.

Z dweller

Re: Ingruber

I must confess that I'm conflicted about this.

On one hand, I would never want Indy to be portrayed through an impression, as opposed to acting.

On the other, if Ingruber proves to have proper acting chops (and that is a big if), why not give him a chance?
The physical likeness to Ford is remarkable.

8ae1fcdf6dc11ec1f08086a791ddf1516050a55c_hq.jpg

Also, he's the perfect age.
If Indy 6 were released in 2022 or 23, Ingruber would be 32 or 33 and could play Indy in the early 1930s, before TOD in the timeline.

The ball is your court, Anthony: show you can act, and who knows what may happen?

Face_Melt

Z dweller said:
I must confess that I'm conflicted about this.

On one hand, I would never want Indy to be portrayed through an impression, as opposed to acting.

On the other, if Ingruber proves to have proper acting chops (and that is a big if), why not give him a chance?
The physical likeness to Ford is remarkable.

8ae1fcdf6dc11ec1f08086a791ddf1516050a55c_hq.jpg

Also, he's the perfect age.
If Indy 6 were released in 2022 or 23, Ingruber would be 32 or 33 and could play Indy in the early 1930s, before TOD in the timeline.

The ball is your court, Anthony: show you can act, and who knows what may happen?

Anthony it seems has already had contact with Lucasfilm for a role previously but talks fell through. So that probably does not bode too well for a future working relationship with them. Anybody have any thoughts or input about this?

http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2015/09/anthony-ingruber-nearly-voiced-han-solo.html?m=1

TheLostCrusader

I think the reason it fell through was not so much that they didn't want him for the role, and more about the fact that they decided not to use the character in the series

TheFedora

I think that they will not go with same actor for Han Solo/Indy this time around, and that Ingruber probably is meant solely for one film, the Han Solo film.

Walecs

TheFedora said:
I think that they will not go with same actor for Han Solo/Indy this time around, and that Ingruber probably is meant solely for one film, the Han Solo film.

An another actor was already cast for Han Solo.