The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones

harvey

IndyCast #175

The latest IndyCast is online and ready for download -

Part two...Temple of Doom...TONS of deleted scenes...

What are you waiting for? Listen and let us know what you think of the adaptation!

http://theindycast.com/wow-holy-smoke-episode-175/

fk9l4i.jpg
e9t28n.jpg

harvey

IndyCast #179 & #181

Further fans -

Running behind on the updates. Make sure you catch our reviews of issues 26 and 27 on the IndyCast. PLUS - be sure to enter our BIGGEST Further Adventures giveaway yet!!

http://theindycast.com/tis-the-season-to-be-indycast-episode-179/

2u6fc3l.jpg

http://theindycast.com/episode-181-what-you-wanna-talk-about/

np27nm.jpg

Further Adventures Giveaway. To take home one of these sets, be sure to check out the IndyCast!!

Set one:
The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones -
Issue #1 - "The Ikons of Ikammanen", part one
Issue #2 - "The Ikons of Ikammanen", part two
Issue #15 - Signed by artist, HERB TRIMPE!
Issue #25 - Signed by artist, MICHAEL GOLDEN!

Set two:
Issue #23 - Signed by GOLDEN
Master of Kung Fu issue #121 (includes the rare "Indy in his office" splash page by JOHN BYRNE!

1zw0n7c.jpg

InBanana Jones said:
I've finally ordered TFAOIJ vol. 3; yeah, it took me long enough...:eek:

The mystery of issue #35 intrigues me, though seeing that Muppet Babies stuff only reminds me how I felt back then that my own childhood was nearing its end. Still, I'm looking forward to reading the Linda Grant-penned stories and even giving Ditko's art--given my criticisms of his work in this thread--another chance.

I look forward to discussing these last Marvel Indy tales with everyone here.:hat:

Wow, this thread sure has changed since I last posted on it!

I was checking TFAOIJ on Amazon and it would seem that either Amazon is just no longer selling these omnibuses (omnibi?) or they're out of print everywhere, as the Amazon Marketplace vendors or selling vols. 1-3 for a significant markup! Anyone know for sure if these are still in print? I'm thankful I have these. It would be a shame if these Indy stories were no longer widely available. I'm sure with Indiana Jones/Lucasfilm properties being so "fluid" that they'll turn up reprinted once again. If they are, I hope that they are reprinted in a larger format because I'm sure I would buy them all over again. :D

Plaristes

InBanana Jones said:

I was checking TFAOIJ on Amazon and it would seem that either Amazon is just no longer selling these omnibuses (omnibi?) or they're out of print everywhere, as the Amazon Marketplace vendors or selling vols. 1-3 for a significant markup! Anyone know for sure if these are still in print? I'm thankful I have these. It would be a shame if these Indy stories were no longer widely available. I'm sure with Indiana Jones/Lucasfilm properties being so "fluid" that they'll turn up reprinted once again. If they are, I hope that they are reprinted in a larger format because I'm sure I would buy them all over again. :D
It wouldn't surprise me if these are out of print. Indy is a Lucasfilm property. Since Disney purchased Lucasfilm, I'd guess they've probably yanked the Indy license from Dark Horse, just like they did for Star Wars. Maybe we'll see Marvel publish some Indy material eventually, like they will next year for Star Wars.

Toht's Arm

InBanana Jones said:

I bought all the comic omnibi in 2012/2013, and they were reasonable easy to source APART from the last Further Adventures one. It seemed that was the one that went out of print the fastest/had the smallest print run. I eventually found it for a reasonable price, even though I paid a lot less for the others.

harvey

Further Adventures on The IndyCast

STUNNING covers by Keith Pollard highlight our recent reviews on the IndyCast.

http://theindycast.com

PLUS - be sure to listen to find out how you can score one of the following sets:

Set one:
The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones -
Issue #1 - "The Ikons of Ikammanen", part one
Issue #2 - "The Ikons of Ikammanen", part two
Issue #15 - Signed by artist, HERB TRIMPE!
Issue #25 - Signed by artist, MICHAEL GOLDEN!
Dark Horse 2009 FCBD - Temple of Yearning

Set two:
Issue #23 - Signed by GOLDEN
Master of Kung Fu issue #121 (includes the rare "Indy in his office" splash page by JOHN BYRNE!
Dark Horse 2009 FCBD - Temple of Yearning

241jvgm.jpg

jaf9ts.png

TheFedora

I have the omnibus TFAOIJ Vol. 1 and 2. So far so good, although haven't been able to find number three yet. I wonder where it could be hiding? But yes, I found some of the stories to be extremely interesting. Especially as they covered many macguffins not found in the movies or novels.

harvey

Further Adventures on The IndyCast

Be sure to check out the latest episodes of the IndyCast for our reviews of the final issues of Marvel Comics' The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones! Here are the final STUNNING covers by Keith Pollard:

o6e82f.jpg

PLUS - this Monday - June 16 - we will be reviewing the FINAL issue, we'll announce the winners of our biggest Further Adventures giveaway to date...AND, you'll find out about the future of Further Adventures on the IndyCast! :whip:

harvey

Further Adventures Episode Guide

If you'd like to go back and check out our earlier Further Adventures reviews and interviews on the IndyCast, here is a COMPLETE Further Adventures episode guide!

IndyCast Further Adventures Episode Guide

Episode 01 (IndyCast 131): Raiders of the Lost Ark adaptation review
Episode 02 (IndyCast 132): Issue #1 review
Episode 03 (IndyCast 133): Issue #2 review
Episode 04 (IndyCast 134): Richard Howell interview
Episode 05 (IndyCast 135): Michael Golden interview
Episode 06 (IndyCast 136): Denny O'Neil, Jo Duffy, Walt Simonson and Louise Simonson interviews
Episode 07 (IndyCast 137): Issue #3 review
Episode 08 (IndyCast 138): David Michelinie interview
Episode 09 (IndyCast 139): Ron Frenz interview, part one
Episode 10 (IndyCast 140): Ron Frenz interview, part two
Episode 11 (IndyCast 141): Eliot Brown interview, part one
Episode 12 (IndyCast 142): Eliot Brown interview, part two
Episode 13 (IndyCast 143): Issue #4 review
Episode 14 (IndyCast 144): Issue #5 review
Episode 15 (IndyCast 145): Issue #6 review
Episode 16 (IndyCast 146): Howard Chaykin interview
Episode 17 (IndyCast 147): Kerry Gammill interview, part one
Episode 18 (IndyCast 148): Kerry Gammill interview, part two
Episode 19 (IndyCast 149): Issue #7 review
Episode 20 (IndyCast 150): Issue #8 review
Bye Week (IndyCast 151): Mini-episode
Episode 21 (IndyCast 152): Dan Reed interview, part one
Episode 22 (IndyCast 153): Dan Reed interview, part two
Episode 23 (IndyCast 154): Rob Magee joins us for issue #9 review
Episode 24 (IndyCast 156): Rob Magee joins us for issue #10 review
Episode 25 (IndyCast 157): Chris Strompolos and Eric Zala interview
Episode 26 (IndyCast 158): Issue #11 review
Episode 27 (IndyCast 159): Issue #12 review
Episode 28 (IndyCast 160): Issue #13 review
Episode 29 (IndyCast 161): Issue #14 review
Episode 30 (IndyCast 162): Bret Blevins interview, part one
Episode 31 (IndyCast 163): Bret Blevins interview, part two
Episode 32 (IndyCast 164): Karen Allen interview; Herb Trimpe interview, part one
Episode 32 (IndyCast 165): Herb Trimpe interview, part two
Episode 34 (IndyCast 166): Issue #15 review
Episode 35 (IndyCast 167): Crystal Skull tour and issue #16 review with Mitch Hallock
Episode 36 (IndyCast 168): Issue #17 review
Episode 37 (IndyCast 169): Issue #18 review
Episode 38 (IndyCast 170): Issue #19 review
Episode 39 (IndyCast 171): Ron Longo joins us for issue #20 review
Episode 40 (IndyCast 172): Issue #21 review
Episode 41 (IndyCast 173): Issue #22 review
Episode 42 (IndyCast 174): Temple of Doom adaptation review, part one
Episode 43 (IndyCast 175): Temple of Doom adaptation review, part two
Episode 44 (IndyCast 176): Jay Underwood interview; Issue #23 review
Episode 45 (IndyCast 177): Issue #24 review
Episode 46 (IndyCast 178): Laird Malamed joins us for issue #25 review
Episode 47 (IndyCast 179): Issue #26 review
Episode 48 (IndyCast 181): Issue #27 review
Episode 49 (IndyCast 182): Issue #28 review
Episode 50 (IndyCast 183): Issue #29 review
Episode 51 (IndyCast 184): Issue #30 review
Episode 52 (IndyCast 185): Ed Dolista joins us for issue #31 review
Bye Week (IndyCast 186): Interview w/Young Indy's Doug Jones
Episode 53 (IndyCast 187): Issue #32 review
Episode 54 (IndyCast 188): Issue #33 review
Episode 55 (IndyCast 189): Issue #34 review (FINAL issue of Marvel's Further Adventures)

Stoo

That's a very handy list to have, Joe, so thanks for posting it. I haven't listened to all of them but you & Keith did an outstanding job. Your segments are undboutedly the most comprehensive collection of info about the series to be found anywhere. Bravo!:hat:

Kind of sad to see it end.:(

harvey

Stoo said:
That's a very handy list to have, Joe, so thanks for posting it. I haven't listened to all of them but you & Keith did an outstanding job. Your segments are undboutedly the most comprehensive collection of info about the series to be found anywhere. Bravo!:hat:

Kind of sad to see it end.:(

Thanks, Stoo! We appreciate all of the kind words. And we're still hoping for your Young Indy segment!! :hat:

Once you hear the latest ep, you'll realize...the adventure continues! Dark Horse run on the way. But a break first...so I can spend some quality time sight-seeing with Mini-Indy! :eek:

Xds9fan

harvey said:
If you'd like to go back and check out our earlier Further Adventures reviews and interviews on the IndyCast, here is a COMPLETE Further Adventures episode guide!

IndyCast Further Adventures Episode Guide

Episode 01 (IndyCast 131): Raiders of the Lost Ark adaptation review
Episode 02 (IndyCast 132): Issue #1 review
Episode 03 (IndyCast 133): Issue #2 review
Episode 04 (IndyCast 134): Richard Howell interview
Episode 05 (IndyCast 135): Michael Golden interview
Episode 06 (IndyCast 136): Denny O'Neil, Jo Duffy, Walt Simonson and Louise Simonson interviews
Episode 07 (IndyCast 137): Issue #3 review
Episode 08 (IndyCast 138): David Michelinie interview
Episode 09 (IndyCast 139): Ron Frenz interview, part one
Episode 10 (IndyCast 140): Ron Frenz interview, part two
Episode 11 (IndyCast 141): Eliot Brown interview, part one
Episode 12 (IndyCast 142): Eliot Brown interview, part two
Episode 13 (IndyCast 143): Issue #4 review
Episode 14 (IndyCast 144): Issue #5 review
Episode 15 (IndyCast 145): Issue #6 review
Episode 16 (IndyCast 146): Howard Chaykin interview
Episode 17 (IndyCast 147): Kerry Gammill interview, part one
Episode 18 (IndyCast 148): Kerry Gammill interview, part two
Episode 19 (IndyCast 149): Issue #7 review
Episode 20 (IndyCast 150): Issue #8 review
Bye Week (IndyCast 151): Mini-episode
Episode 21 (IndyCast 152): Dan Reed interview, part one
Episode 22 (IndyCast 153): Dan Reed interview, part two
Episode 23 (IndyCast 154): Rob Magee joins us for issue #9 review
Episode 24 (IndyCast 156): Rob Magee joins us for issue #10 review
Episode 25 (IndyCast 157): Chris Strompolos and Eric Zala interview
Episode 26 (IndyCast 158): Issue #11 review
Episode 27 (IndyCast 159): Issue #12 review
Episode 28 (IndyCast 160): Issue #13 review
Episode 29 (IndyCast 161): Issue #14 review
Episode 30 (IndyCast 162): Bret Blevins interview, part one
Episode 31 (IndyCast 163): Bret Blevins interview, part two
Episode 32 (IndyCast 164): Karen Allen interview; Herb Trimpe interview, part one
Episode 32 (IndyCast 165): Herb Trimpe interview, part two
Episode 34 (IndyCast 166): Issue #15 review
Episode 35 (IndyCast 167): Crystal Skull tour and issue #16 review with Mitch Hallock
Episode 36 (IndyCast 168): Issue #17 review
Episode 37 (IndyCast 169): Issue #18 review
Episode 38 (IndyCast 170): Issue #19 review
Episode 39 (IndyCast 171): Ron Longo joins us for issue #20 review
Episode 40 (IndyCast 172): Issue #21 review
Episode 41 (IndyCast 173): Issue #22 review
Episode 42 (IndyCast 174): Temple of Doom adaptation review, part one
Episode 43 (IndyCast 175): Temple of Doom adaptation review, part two
Episode 44 (IndyCast 176): Jay Underwood interview; Issue #23 review
Episode 45 (IndyCast 177): Issue #24 review
Episode 46 (IndyCast 178): Laird Malamed joins us for issue #25 review
Episode 47 (IndyCast 179): Issue #26 review
Episode 48 (IndyCast 181): Issue #27 review
Episode 49 (IndyCast 182): Issue #28 review
Episode 50 (IndyCast 183): Issue #29 review
Episode 51 (IndyCast 184): Issue #30 review
Episode 52 (IndyCast 185): Ed Dolista joins us for issue #31 review
Bye Week (IndyCast 186): Interview w/Young Indy's Doug Jones
Episode 53 (IndyCast 187): Issue #32 review
Episode 54 (IndyCast 188): Issue #33 review
Episode 55 (IndyCast 189): Issue #34 review (FINAL issue of Marvel's Further Adventures)

Wow Not new to INDY but I have never heard of your podcasts before. Thank you for this list. I have every issue of Marvel , dark Horse and marvel movie limited series of the films all mint. Now I get the joy of these podcasts while running!! Thanks!

Jonesy9906753

On the hunt for the rare gem that is Omnibus Volume 1…

Any fellow Raven’s Nesters willing to Trade or Sell their copy, shoot me a message. 🤠

vhkiaUz_d.webp

After many years, I’ve just started re-reading TFAOIJ…specifically, issues #25-34. While the Steve Dirko art doesn’t really suit the Indyverse, I’m enough of a fan of Ditko in general that I just “go with it.”

Linda Grant does a good job with the writing, even if the stories and dialogue aren’t the most sophisticated, but then after all we are talking about a comic aimed primarily at the kids. I was about 13-14 when these issues were first published, so I would have thought the same way then as I do. It helps if one thinks of these tales in the Saturday matinee B films style that George Lucas intended them to be

I really am enjoying these final issues! I like the Jessie Hale character as well as the return to Peru, which was always a big deal to my childhood pals and me whenever Indy would return to any of his old stomping grounds from the (first two) films, which is what he does in issue #25.

Anyone else here having another look at this series? It’d be fun to discuss them again.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
What might have been...

You may or may not know that the original story for 1st issue of FAOIJ was scrapped leaving John Byrne to complete redraw the issue and dump it at the second issue. According to Byrne this was due to Lucasfilm interference however little is known about contents or who much was pencilled. Below is page 1 of that story, what could have been...

1657795798517.png
littl

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Interviews: Howard Chaykin (#146): Interesting talk but his plans for Indiana Jones/Batman and Star Wars/Superman crossovers are much too nerdy for my tastes.
That 2012 interview and Batman crossover discussion was revisited in this article.