Hasbro Motorcycle w/sidecar prototype?

Billy Ray

On the heels of the recent mine cart and young Indy prototypes that showed up on eBay, Rebelscum user "Aussie Nick" posted these images of a prototype German motorcycle w/sidecar:

sidecar1.jpg

indysidecar.jpg

sidecar2.jpg

He supposedly has some other prototypes he will be revealing in the near future.

I'm no expert on these things, but damned if that sidecar doesn't look nice!

Lance Quazar

Hot damn!

Maybe all these recent prototype reveals really are the real deal.

That certainly does look fantastic!

And, no disrespect to the many incredibly talented customizers that have toiled away over the years, it looks much better than retrofitting the Chap Mei version.

I feel like of all the developed and/or hinted at but cancelled items, the sidecar is probably the most unforgivable. The existence of the standard German bikes made it worse, it would have been better to have nothing! You can't have the villain conveyance without the corresponding hero vehicle from the same damn scene!

The_Raiders

Indeed it's cool. Perhaps my eye for detail isn't what it once was, but aren't there raveners here that have that same motorcycle? I could swear I've seen it before in the past.

Billy Ray

Completely agree. Even though I customized my own, this is the one unproduced item from the line that I really, really feel let down about. Like you said, we got the standard German bike...and we got Indy and Henry Sr...why no bike with Sidecar? Heck, it was already half tooled...it would have been a quick and easy cash grab for Hasbro.

Lance Quazar

Billy Ray said:
Completely agree. Even though I customized my own, this is the one unproduced item from the line that I really, really feel let down about. Like you said, we got the standard German bike...and we got Indy and Henry Sr...why no bike with Sidecar? Heck, it was already half tooled...it would have been a quick and easy cash grab for Hasbro.

Seriously. Hasbro kept saying that they were "holding back" many items for "later" (why Toht was not released immediately.)

This is just dumb. It seems like the tooling would have been done at the same time (as the sidecar version is just the same bike with an add-on).

Insane that they didn't release this all when the line launched. It definitely would have sold.

Sigh.

Can we dare to dream for another convention exclusive? (I'm not getting my hopes up.)

Montana Smith

Up close that motorbike looks pretty bad now. Not Chap Mei bad, but very clunky.

I'm happier with my inaccurate custom because of the finer detail such as the spoked wheels.

Anyway, SDCC 2019 is a long time to wait for this version.;)

The_Raiders

Man, whether there's a bike like this or not, I agree hasbro should've released it. I'd have bought it. I was/am still disappointed with their line. It's like the pushed the crap on us, and kept the best thinking no one would buy it. That or the damn Clone Wars series was more important to them, because as well as Lucas, it's a great big cash cow.

Montana Smith

Dr. Gonzo said:
I didn't know Katanga was bald.

Am I seeing that right?

Hat hair. Guessing the cap is a separate sculpt, not intended to be removed.

It's a weird looking figure though, with a skinny face that looks nothing like Katanga.

tnswman

Surely that is a Comic pack figure..Unless the scarf is from some other random prototype as mentioned already.

There were probably 4-6 good comics that they could have culled from to do a small comic set series. I could really see a young Indy figure coming in this set.

The thoughts of a Belloq figure in his white suit or jungle gear is a HUGE dream that Hasbro messed up badly.

Of course I also dreamed of a YIJ 'Mystery of the Blues' Harrison ford Indy too...So, what do I know :hat:

inky_skin

tnswman said:
Surely that is a Comic pack figure..Unless the scarf is from some other random prototype as mentioned already.

Correct. We identified it's origins in the "Cool Toy Review" thread quoted by Billy Ray...

IMAG0419.jpg

It's from Marvel's "Further Adventures" (Issue 11). The "Comic Pack" route may also explain why the Katanga figure he posted looks slightly different from the actor who portrayed him - possible solution to image rights issues by using the comic likeness of the character ?

Lance Quazar

Very intriguing, this bandana-Indy.

I do seem to recall that, back 08 when Hasbro was (briefly, optimistically) doing an Indy-themed Q&A that they indicated they were at least thinking of doing comic packs if the line held.

This definitely seems like a far out choice given the number of "core" figures we would have rather seen.

But who knows was was really going on in Hasbro's underground lair during those days?

Hopefully Aussie Nick will be able to give us a few more glimpses in the coming days! (frustrating though it is to see "what might have been".)

tnswman

Amen, especially after the hint of a second Belloq figure.

Too bad we aren't being given a special Blu-Ray set with Indy ( SDCC "Ultimate Indy" and the un-produced Belloq.

kind of like what the SW sets were.

It will be interesting to learn if the Belloq, Katanga, Etc. molds were produced.

Great find Billy Ray!! That seems to fit the figure perfectly.

Billy Ray

Yeah, it looks like Indy...the legs, the bag strap under the robe thingy, and the loop for the whip on his belt...kinda iffy on the headsculpt though.