Ideas for new season of Young Indy

Flannery10

I never understood why they stopped after Congo, probably one of the best Young Indy episodes out there. I've never seen the bookends before and immediately watched them, after you put them up, Stoo. They are very moving and should have gotten more people into the show.

robweiner8

Flannery10 said:
Ok, guys let's face it. The series was good, but it never was a hit and I'm pretty sure Lucas won't make another season of Young Indy. But what if he changed his mind (which would be a pleasant surprise) and really gave it another try.

These are some ideas for a new season:

Never filmed episodes:
Princeton, May 1905: Indy meets Paul Robeson
Jerusalem, June 1909: Indy meets Abner Ravenwood, who is trying to find a sacred relic (probably the ark)
Melbourne, March 1910: Indy meets Harry Houdini and flys in a balloon with him
LeHavre, June 1916: Indy and Remy meet Jean Renouir and they are being teached how to fight in battles
Flanders, July 1916: Indy, Remy and Jaques fight in Flanders (this episode was mentioned in trenches of hell)
Berlin, Late August 1916: Indy escapes from prison and flees to berlin
Bombay, April 1919: Indy meets Gandhi, while Remy is still searching for the diamond
Honduras, December 1920: Indy meets Belloq for the first time
Brazil, December 1921: Indy and Belloq are searching for a lost city.

Those and a couple of other scripts existed and were planned to be filmed. It would be hard to find new Young Indy actors. For the five year old Indy they would have to find someone completely unknown I guess. I have no idea who could take over Corey Carriers part, but maybe you have an idea.

To replace Flannery shouldn't be much of a problem. He was 28 when he made the series, so thats the age the producers will have to look for. Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) would be a good choice, but he has a british accent. Does anybody have a picture of Corey Carrier from these days? Because he should be about 25 (perfect age).

I liked the George Hall bookends, but I suggest they should make a couple more with Harrison Ford, like the one in Mystery of the Blues.

Ronny Coutteure, who played Remy, died in 2000, and he really was a unique actor. It would be really hard to replace him.

Do you have any ideas about a new season? Historical persons you would like to see, actors who could play indy and other stuff? Then post your ideas here, I'm looking forward to your replies.
I really like the ideas of Jerusalem, June 1909; Honduras, December 1920; and Brazil, December 1921. I doubt the series will ever come back, though

Adamwankenobi

Stoo said:
This is misleading because of the term "season". Excluding, the '94-96 movies,
"Chronicles" was shown in 4 blocks:

1992 Spring - "Jackal" to "Congo"
(then 5 months later...)
1992 Fall - "Austria" to "Barcelona"
(then 5 months later...)
1993 Spring - "Blues" to "Northern Italy"
(then 2 months later...)
1993 Summer - "Train of Doom" to "Paris 1919"

What I want to know is the original air-dates for the non-US episodes.
I've never found this info anywhere!:(

When StarWars.com did their Young Indy Volume One updates, they would specify which episodes made up the re-edits, and which season the original episodes were from. The 2005 book The Cinema of George Lucas also refers to the show as having been divided into seasons. But all sources so far have been pretty vague on where season one officially ended, and where season two officially began. Some sources even refer to the 94-96 TV movies as season three!

Stoo

Well, yes, the '94-'96 movies were the 3rd season but the cut-off point for Season 1
was definitely after "Congo". I say this because at the end of that show there was
a preview for ALL NEW episodes coming in the fall. It definitely lets the TV viewing public
know that this part of the series was done. After "Barcelona", the show was in limbo.
Not to mention that (in those days) TV seasons started in the fall.

I have the preview and will upload it eventually. It has all sorts of maps and graphics.
Pretty cool!

Adamwankenobi

Stoo said:
Well, yes, the '94-'96 movies were the 3rd season but the cut-off point for Season 1
was definitely after "Congo". I say this because at the end of that show there was
a preview for ALL NEW episodes coming in the fall. It definitely lets the TV viewing public
know that this part of the series was done. After "Barcelona", the show was in limbo.
Not to mention that (in those days) TV seasons started in the fall.

I have the preview and will upload it eventually. It has all sorts of maps and graphics.
Pretty cool!

Awesome. (y)