It's May 1st, where are the Indy toys?

drwynn

tnswman -

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then...

Cheers! And now...back to Indy collection discussion!

blueseattle

tnswman said:
AMEN BROTHER!! they Drill in EVERY state in the USA that has known Oil.. so what is so special about 2000 Acres in Alaska? Other than keeping the d@mn Arabs happy, NOTHING!!

The lack of common sense by these Economist goons is staggering!!

2000 acres worth of drills in the 2nd largest State in America will gain us HUNDREDS of years of oil....WOW!! why would we EVER think of doing that?

Want to kill the war on terrorism? Start drilling in Alaska.

Nuff' said.

drwynn

Oh boy...I think I may have opened a huge off-topic can of worms here...

...not what I meant to do at all.

So, about those Indy figures...

tnswman

drwynn said:
tnswman -

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then...

Cheers! And now...back to Indy collection discussion!

that's what is GREAT about America Bro!! :)

Plus...we get Cheaper Indy figures LOL!

tnswman

blueseattle said:
Want to kill the war on terrorism? Start drilling in Alaska.

Nuff' said.

Nooooo, we want to kill all terrorists....Like Indy showed us in Cairo...You know Indy was saying that not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are Muslim LOL!

GeorgeL

Thank you very much tnswman !!!

Everyone's opinion matters but lets rationlize here folks.

What is more important? People losing there homes and filing for bankruptcy because they cant afford to heat their houses and get to work or animals in the middle of a frozen tundra?

Lets be real here, i love animals but they can be moved. Im not saying to drill through them, just move them so we can produce oil on american soil.

Did you know that Iraq has 10billion dollars in oil profits and the United States is paying to rebuild over there? Great isnt it?

They wont stop raising the price of fuel either. You know why? Because us dumb americans keep buying no matter what the price is! We cant bond together over here. Its sad!

drwynn

I think the problem is a little more complex than people realize...

I don't think it's as easy a solution as; let's drill here, and that will solve everything.

Remember...at the risk of sounding like a crunchy granola; in an eco-system, everything and everyone is connected. What affects one animal will have repercussions on all wildlife, animals, etc.

I don't think the problem and its possible solutions are as cut and dry as some make it out to be. The answer isn't to simply mine the oil in Alaska and get back to business as usual...which is what many people are afraid will happen if we DO drill in Alaska.

The solution lies in changing our lifestyles to some degree, making certain sacrifices in the way we live, exploring alternate methods of fuel, cutting back on our consumption, weening ourselves off of oil...especially foreign oil, etc. I think a lot of people are afraid that if Alaska is drilled for oil, nothing and no one will be forced to re-evaluate their life and methods and no change or progress will ever come as a direct result of taking the "obvious" choice/solution.

Can we please get back to the topic of collecting now?

GeorgeL

yes, walmart got ransacked by toy scalpers at 8:00 am this morning. I was there for the open (7am). Nothng on the shelf which leads me to believe the scalper which was combing the aisle same time as me made them go in back and bring it all out.

If there is one thing I cannot stand, its scalpers (of any kind).

:gun: :gun: :gun: :gun:

GeorgeL

Has anyone checked their local super stop and shop?

You'd be surprised at what can find in their toy dept....

I'm checking 2 on the way home from work right now.

The_Raiders

Yeah back on topic, does any one have a Fred Meyers where they live? We have dozens, and I called one and they said they may not have theirs out until this weekend.

drwynn

GeorgeL said:
yes, walmart got ransacked by toy scalpers at 8:00 am this morning. I was there for the open (7am). Nothng on the shelf which leads me to believe the scalper which was combing the aisle same time as me made them go in back and bring it all out.

Yeah, I was ticked yesterday because I went to Target first (8am sharp) because I had to fill a prescription and figured I would get the Indy toys there while I did so...

While I was searching for the Indy stuff (which they didn't have)...some guy showed up fifteen seconds after I did and asked the employees the same thing. He saw my Indy shirt and asked me "Looking for the 'Indiana Jones' toys?" I replied, "Yes"...and he went on to tell me about how Wal-Mart opened at 7am and he already "cleaned them out of just about everything".

WHY would he tell me this? Just to make me jealous? I asked him if he planned on keeping them all and he said, "No, I was going to Ebay some too." I was so ticked at him...I wanted to punch him in his fat neck.

Luckily...when I got to Wal-Mart they were opening more boxes that I think they held off on putting out.

ChromiumBlue37

GeorgeL said:

Same here! There was one guy at my first Target stop yesterday that was pacing the aisles. He was angry that I was first and was assisting the stock lady fill the pegs. The first thing he said was, "Which one is the chase figure?"
I told him that they were basically evenly packed and there would be an abundance of figures. I told him that there was one rare and exclusive figure - the mail away promo spoiler figure. He took off after that with a scowl on his face and his arms loaded with Hot Wheels.

drwynn

What a jag-off...just in it to make cash off of the "real" fans like me. Ticks me off...

Last edited:

GeorgeL

I harass scalpers to no end, even at conventions. The best are concert scalpers. I am a big Who fan and I've seen them live over 75 times. I see the same scalpers at each show in the parking lot and offer them 20 bucks for tickets that they are trying to get $250 for, it infuriates them to no end. I say HAHA you're going to lose money. I've never sat farther back than 3rd row in all my times seeing them. Most I've ever paid for a ticket is face value.

There is a store in my neighborhood that likes to overprice star wars and all hard to find action figures. Whenever I go there I bend all the cards on the pegs. I even smush the bubbles. Hows that? They have no business buying the figures at Kaybee and Toys r us at the crack of dawn and then reselling them at double and triple the price.

Once I was at walmart at night and came acroos all the episode III figs unopned on a pallet. A scalper saw them at the same time. I took all the boxes and loaded them into my cart unopened. He said you're gonna buy all those? I said no, I am going to pick out all the hard to find ones and buy those for my kids, then bend all the remaining cards and you can go through them. I said if you're gonna play with them what does the condition of the card matter to you? He wanted to fight me he was so pissed. (y)

Deckard

GeorgeL said:
I harass scalpers to no end, even at conventions. The best are concert scalpers. I am a big Who fan and I've seen them live over 75 times. I see the same scalpers at each show in the parking lot and offer them 20 bucks for tickets that they are trying to get $250 for, it infuriates them to no end. I say HAHA you're going to lose money. I've never sat farther back than 3rd row in all my times seeing them. Most I've ever paid for a ticket is face value.

There is a store in my neighborhood that likes to overprice star wars and all hard to find action figures. Whenever I go there I bend all the cards on the pegs. I even smush the bubbles. Hows that? They have no business buying the figures at Kaybee and Toys r us at the crack of dawn and then reselling them at double and triple the price.

Once I was at walmart at night and came acroos all the episode III figs unopned on a pallet. A scalper saw them at the same time. I took all the boxes and loaded them into my cart unopened. He said you're gonna buy all those? I said no, I am going to pick out all the hard to find ones and buy those for my kids, then bend all the remaining cards and you can go through them. I said if you're gonna play with them what does the condition of the card matter to you? He wanted to fight me he was so pissed. (y)

Well I'd say your a dick, what if he wanted a set for himself MIB, you bend them on purpose? Your no better then a scalper.

In fact you bending the cards does the scalpers a favor bcuz when no one can find a good one cheap since you destroyed them, they turn to someone and pay a little more for a guarenteed undamaged item.

GeorgeL

Well I'd say your a dick,

I've been told that before! :D

Trust me pal. I've been around longer than you think and can pick out a scalper in the middle of grand central station at 7:00am. I know all the local scalpers. I've been collecting toys since 1975. I dont buy to resell for profits. I know of those who do.

In fact whenever I am in the toy store I help children and moms find the figures they dont see on the pegs because rat bastard scalpers store them in the toys r us overhead compartments. You know why they put them up there? So they can go home and check ebay on going rates before they buy. Sometimes I smash those too and leave them up there. I wish I had a camera in the store to see the look on their faces when they go back.

I bend cards at scalping stores and in front of scalpers. Its not everyday so dont worry deckard. At ease cadet.:hat:

I teach people lessons in hopes they don’t commit these atrocious crimes again.

You can call me the action figure enforcer. ok?

Deckard

I'd rather call you mis-guided or confused.

GeorgeL said:
Im totally anal when it comes to buying. It has to be perfect. Deep down I know these figs and toy line will be worthless in the years to come so Im not sure why I am such a perfectionist. Its just in my blood. I'm like that with everything.

Your a perfectionist that destroys the the very things he collects and is obsessed about.

I don't care if you've been collecting since 1920 and you have a popeye whistle that blows magic bubbles I can ride to Narnia, your destroying merchandise.

If I buy the first copy of GTA4 and crack the rest open, Im devaluing the product. Your just going to open it and play the disc right, the pack doesn't matter? But if I see an open Xbox game Im not buying it, it could be damaged, returned, scratched. If I owned the store, I'd force you to pay for everything you destroyed, then have you banned from the store.

Marty Jones

Yeah, I'm not a MOC kinda guy but please don't go around bending up cards. The scalpers are going to get a hold of them one way or another anyway. Especially if we're talking Indy - let 'em have them. There aren't any hard to find figures and there are plenty of badly painted figures to get off the shelves before Hasbro can get some more revision cases out there. I saw an auction yesterday for two Indy figures with a BIn of $50 and I started laughing. Now that they're on the shelves, scalpers are going to have a tough time unloading them all. Summer blockbuster toys aren't all that hard to come by (at least not after the first few weeks or so of their release).

bgiles73

Scalpers give all us collectors who collect for the fun of it a bad rap. I aplaud anyone who calls them out! I saw a big fat sweaty scalper probably in his late 30's early 40's damn near trample a 4 year old for Galactic Heroes! I called him a few choice words I won't repeat and then reported him to the management. Had the kid he pushed down been mine the slob would probably not walked out of there.