Best Planet Of The Apes sequel?

Which is the best?

• Beneath The Planet Of The Apes (1969)

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Escape From The Planet Of The Apes (1971)

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Conquest Of The Planet Of The Apes (1972)

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Battle For The Planet Of The Apes (1973)

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters

Montana Smith

All the Apes films are cool, even when they're crap like Battle. Purely because they have the classic Ape make-up. For all his technical jiggery pokery, Tim Burton's effort won't ever match even the lowly heights of the TV series.

Goonie said:
Should Rise be added to the poll?

Laughing_ChimpM.gif

No.

That would open the door to Marky Marks gigantic turd.

Stoo

Montana Smith said:
All the Apes films are cool, even when they're crap like Battle. Purely because they have the classic Ape make-up. For all his technical jiggery pokery, Tim Burton's effort won't ever match even the lowly heights of the TV series.
The TV series is a pet love of mine so, for anyone (like Smiffy) who criticizes it, here are some words from George Taylor, himself:

"Damn you! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!":gun:
Goonie said:
Should Rise be added to the poll?
No, Goonie. If any film titles are to be added, they should be:

- Back to the Planet of the Apes
- Forgotten City of the Planet of the Apes
- Treachery and Greed on the Planet of the Apes
- Life, Liberty and Pursuit on the Planet of the Apes
- Farewell to the Planet of the Apes

1981 was a good year.;)

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
The TV series is a pet love of mine so, for anyone (like Smiffy) who criticizes it, here are some words from George Taylor, himself:

"Damn you! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!":gun:

What?

Criticize the TV series? :eek:

I love the series because it was another chance to see more classic apes. It's only a lowly height compared to the movies (and in terms of its stories!)

Even Battle was good crap, because it had classic apes.

Classic apes rule! (y)

Stoo

Montana Smith said:
What?

Criticize the TV series? :eek:

I love the series because it was another chance to see more classic apes. It's only a lowly height compared to the movies (and in terms of its stories!)
Read you wrong then, Smiff! Sorry.:cool:
Montana Smith said:
Even Battle was good crap, because it had classic apes.

Classic apes rule! (y)
Yes, "Battle" is the worst so I would like to know which 2 people voted for it as the best sequel!:eek: That said, has anyone else (besides me) seen the extended version that was released on the old, Japanese laserdique? It has a great connection to "Beneath". In the grand scheme of the Ape timeline, it makes the "Battle" film so much better!(y)

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
Read you wrong then, Smiff! Sorry.:cool:

:cool:

Stoo said:
Yes, "Battle" is the worst so I would like to know which 2 people voted for it as the best sequel!:eek:

Damn dirty ape-hating humans!

Stoo said:
That said, has anyone else (besides me) seen the extended version that was released on the old, Japanese laserdique? It has a great connection to "Beneath". In the grand scheme of the Ape timeline, it makes the "Battle" film so much better!(y)

I read there were an extra ten minutes in that release - sounds like a lot of ape goodness to remove.

Forbidden Eye

I saw all four sequels for the first time in preperation for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes(I'd only seen a couple of clips from Escape).

Escape of the Planet of the Apes was easily the best. It was the best made of them and also the most fun to watch. I really enjoyed how it combined multiple genres(on one hand it's a time travel movie, on the other hands it amazingly a light-hearted comedy, yet still delivered classic dark moments we expect from the series).

Beneath started off well, it was fun to see a direct sequel to such a classic, and it was great they got Charlton Heston back(and I couldn't take my eyes off of Nova:eek: ) but it does sort of fall flat once they enter "Beneath" the planet. The ending is also a bit week,
I don't mind them blowing up the planet too much, but the execution felt rather forced

Conquest was strangely my least favorite one, but I will give it credit for one thing: UC Irvine, the school my sister graduated from, is the start of the Ape Revolution! :whip:

Duaner

Forbidden Eye said:
Conquest was strangely my least favorite one, but I will give it credit for one thing: UC Irvine, the school my sister graduated from, is the start of the Ape Revolution! :whip:

I found Conquest to be the best of the sequels. The dark tone was really welcome after the cheesiness of Escape (don't get me wrong I like Escape too, but that scene where the apes hit the city and that hokey music plays makes me roll my eyes). I loved the story in Conquest and think that Roddy McDowall gave his best performance of the series in that one.