Love of the disney Indy Toys...

tnswman

seems to be a rare thing. I really don't understand why. I know that the 4 "character" figures that were released as a part of series 2 were not the best sculpts. Although, the uniforms and accessories were dead on perfect. Also, I know that the articulation was not up to par with today's standards.

However, I really think that we should be thankful that Lucas allowed disney / applause/ Hasbro...to release these toys. When the 1st series hit, I went to Disney world and walked into the Indy store where there was Shelves and pegs full of Indiana Jones figures, toys, and playsets. That was a moment I had not felt since I was 7 when the ROTLA toys were in the stores. When you look at the series one items. The micro sets are PERFECT in regards to accuracy. the 10" figure is a very detailed and Harrison like figure, and the Action figure looked very much like Harrison. Not to mention that the figure's outfit was DEAD on in regards to coloring and detail. Then, you have Indy's accessories. The Whip is a very NICE braided whip, the Pistol was perfect, the Sword was exactly like the Swordsman's ( even though Indy had no use for it ) and the Pagaging. WOW!! When you walked into the outpost store, and saw that pagage art, it was surreal. I really think the series 1 toys captured the fun and adventure of the Indy movies. However, they were missing something... MORE FIGURES!!

Well, Sure enough, Disney and Hasbro stepped up and released the next series which had some of the favorite villians from ROTLA as well as 2 never before released figures ( Streets of Cairo Indy & German Soldier ) What hurt this series more than anything to some people was lack of articulation. However, The detail in the uniforms is PERFECT. let's face it...The German Soldier and the Ark crate has the NAZI swastika on it. We really should not have a NAZI symbol on any toys, much les toys sold at a Jewish run park. But there it is and it makes the figure and his accessory accurate.

The German Mechanic is menacing but could have been posed different. But he is a great foe for the Indy figures.

then, you have the series 2 Indy. This is my favorite Indiana Jones figure EVER made ( and I have every Indy toy ever made ...including the Toy's Mccoy doll) the sculpting is soooo amazing that the figure's face looks exactly like Harrison Ford. for the 1st time ever, we have and Indy figure from the Streets of Cairo scene who can also be used as a TOD Indy with the thuggee Sword. Then, we get The Idol and stand as well as the famous Bag of sand. And Indy's Bag is even a seperate piece ( even though the strap is the wrong color )...did Anyone else think we would EVER see such nice Indy toys outside of the new movie?

So, for once, I want to see people post who LOVE the Disney figures and toys as much as I do. I am FOREVER thankful that we got these fantastic toys to tide us over until the new Hasbro toys hit. We ALL know that Hasbro will release the PERFECT indy toy line but the Disney toys came at a time when Indy collector's had NOTHING new to look forward to. Our hunger was knawing and the Disney toys were a perfect line to consume.

IndySeven

I totally agree!!!! I love the Indy Disney Figures. I own the Series 2 Indy figure. I agree, it is pretty detailed and can also be used as a ToD figure as well. There has not been an official Indy toy line since ToD way back in 1984. I wasn't born yet when the original Indy figures were released, so these figures are the only ones that I can get my hands on. The Indy Disney figures are awesome!!!!(y)

Niteshade007

I have the Disney figures as well and the micro machine sets (although I just saw that my plane broke, I'll have to get another one). They aren't bad at all. I think people are mostly upset with Marion's appearance, who looks nothing like Karen Allen. But yes, facial features aside on her character, everything else is done with great detail. I'm certainly not complaining.

Lon

It's not just the sculpts of the figures, it's the lack of articulation and difficulty and/or inability for them to hold their accessories. And they don't stand up very well, if at all. I just bought the German Mechanic and he doesn't stand up at all and his legs have the worst articulation I've ever seen. He also comes with a wrench that his hands aren't even designed to hold.

Niteshade007

The only one I have trouble standing up is the Swordsman. I always used to lean him up against the back of the shelf where they were displayed.

JimmyPSHayes

I agree with the short comings, but I totally LOVE these figures. I own WAY too many toys and for me, these are some of my favorite ones. To me they capture the spirit of the characters and they come with decent accessories. Yeah, I wish they held them a little better,but I'm just thrilled that they made Indy figures.;)

tnswman

I'm sorry but the disney figures are the most accurate Indy figures EVER made in the action figure scale. The details and paint deco are dead on. when you hold them up to the vintage Kenner and LJN figures, these are the best. We jsut all love the vintage figures more when the truth is that these are better interpritations of our hero.

Vlad Dracula

I passed on the micros but bought all the Disney figures. I really liked them but I do agree with the complaints on the articulation and many of the figures not being able to hold their weapons. I personally would have also prefered the 3 3/4 inch scale of the classic Kenner Indy and SW figures.

The sculpts were good but not great. Probably on par with the mid 90s SW POTF figures. Not really fair to compare them to the 1982 figures. Which were excellent for their time. Even better than the SW figures being released at the time in my opinion.

tnswman

Ok, I have to confess. I bought three sets of each of the toys except for the Indy figures. so far, I have 18 of the 1st Indy figure and 14 of those are still MOC and I have 12 of the 2nd Indy figure with 10 of those still MOC...Needless to say, I LOVE the figures LOL!

I found an AMAZING Egyptian Tomb playset that is perfect for the figures and I added the Mcfarlane Mummy playset items with it to create a GREAT little Indy playset adventure :) I know, I am a nerd and I'm happy being one LOL!!