Action Figures compatible with Hasbro's Indiana Jones?

Lance Quazar

Billy Ray said:
More supporting characters from the movie would definitely be awesom as they could easily ft with the Indy line. Maybe down the road, depending on the popularity of the movie...

Unfortunately, Hasbro seems to have almost no interest in cultivating a true "movie line" and appealing to adult collectors. Their Marvel Movie lines are 100% kid focused.

Remember when they teased the Iron Man 2 figures? We were promised Nick Fury, Black Widow, and Iron Man/Tony and Rhodey in their suits with their faces showing.

Well, of those movie-specific figures, we only ever got Fury and that was a year too late and only as a pack in with other figures (the drones, which were also WAY TOO LATE, even though they were the main baddies in the final fight sequence.)

Even Whiplash - the MAIN baddie - was nearly impossible to find. Instead, we got 30 different useless Iron Man variants and countless "comic" and "concept" figures. And that's exactly what's on the shelf right now with Captain America - endless Cap variants from comics and only, what, TWO figures from the film? (Red Skull and "combat" Cap?)

Ridiculous.

Did they really not think a Tony Stark with removable helmet would sell? Why can they give us 15 different "comic" Cap variants, but not the awesome, leather jacket wearing USO version from the film?

Ugh.

Lance Quazar

Just noticed in stores that the "Captain Britain" figure comes with a nice looking "Excalibur" accessory, which, of course, would be perfect for Indy.

May have to get it, just for the sword.

(also, the belt is pretty cool and would be great for some kind of Indy-era custom.)

spin_prod_197177001

Billy Ray

Finally found a Red Skull today!

Also came across the following:

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=14213

Apparently there will be a "movie series" in the Captain America line, but all that is shown so far is Cap and Nick Fury. Cap looks ot be the same as the Super Combat Cap, sans helmet, but he comes with a Thompson. Hopefully there will be some more figures in this "movie series".

Lance Quazar

Cool! Great find. I don't think I'll end up finding one on the pegs, they're just so rare and things fly fast in my 'hood. I bought one (way overpriced) on ebay a little while back. I feel like a bit of a sucker, but sometimes the premium is worth not fruitlessly hunting for weeks and months.

The "movie series" subline of Captain America is already out and consists of "Super combat" (aka the movie version) of Captain America, the Hydra Soldier and your Red Skull. (check your packaging!) Sucks that's all they are giving us from the actual film and instead are clogging the pegs with countless useless and redundant "comic" variations (Just like Iron Man 2. Sigh.)

It would be great if they released a single-carded Nick Fury, as that's the same one that was planned for Iron Man 2 but only released in a battle pack.

Curiously, that link you provide says the figures are "six inches", even though they are clearly the same figures we have already seen in the 4 inch line.

p.s. - that Tommy gun looks SWEET. I hope I don't have to buy another figure just to get it. Oh, who am I kidding?

inky_skin

Sorry to burst your bubble there Lance, but these ARE 6-inchers. Take a look at the elbow joints on the Cap figure - definately not current 3 3/4" articulation...

The Cap figure was one of the first to be entirely sculpted in a virtual environment by Hasbro. Stands to reason that what you see at 6" scale is EXACTLY what you'd see at 4" scale.

Billy Ray

Ok, color me confused, I didn't know there was a 6" line as well. I saw an 8" (ish) Cap today at TRU and I've seen a 10" is Cap as well...what gives?

Errex

Angelica, from Jakks Pacific's Pirates of the Caribbean line looks pretty compatible without her pirate items:

Angelica002.jpg
Angelica005.jpg

and the UV gimmick can make her like, a priestess of some cult or something.

Angelica009.jpg

Lance Quazar

Errex said:
Angelica, from Jakks Pacific's Pirates of the Caribbean line looks pretty compatible without her pirate items:

Angelica002.jpg

Yeah, that's the only figure I bought from the new Pirates line.

She has a very nice headsculpt and, unlike some of the other figures, is just the right size to work with the Indy line.

Lance Quazar

EXCELLENT!

Perfect "Professor Indy"/Marcus Brody/civilian custom fodder on the way in next year's Marvel Universe line -

Behold!

IMG_2760.JPG

p.s. - I've seen a full body pic in another site and it looks like Hasbro is - yet again - recycling Toht parts. He's the gift that keeps on giving!

Montana Smith

Lance Quazar said:
EXCELLENT!

Perfect "Professor Indy"/Marcus Brody/civilian custom fodder on the way in next year's Marvel Universe line -

Behold!

p.s. - I've seen a full body pic in another site and it looks like Hasbro is - yet again - recycling Toht parts. He's the gift that keeps on giving!

He does look very useful. Do you know if the heads attach the same way as the Indy line?

I really dig this scale of figure, and these look well sculpted.

Lance Quazar

Montana Smith said:
He does look very useful. Do you know if the heads attach the same way as the Indy line?

I really dig this scale of figure, and these look well sculpted.

The Marvel Universe line does have ball-jointed heads, as do the Indy/SW and current GI Joe figures.

Not all heads and necks are created equal, though. But here's hoping it's close enough (and there are always ways to modify when it isn't.)

Montana Smith

Lance Quazar said:
The Marvel Universe line does have ball-jointed heads, as do the Indy/SW and current GI Joe figures.

Not all heads and necks are created equal, though. But here's hoping it's close enough (and there are always ways to modify when it isn't.)

That's good news - as a balljoint can be easily sanded, or a head packed.

I'll keep an eye for these.

:hat:

Montana Smith

Saw this today, and picked it up.

100_0683.jpg

100_0691.jpg

100_0690.jpg

It's a Maisto 1:18 Citroen 15 CV Traction Avant from 1952. From the front it could pass for a 1930s Traction Avant, but the bigger boot/trunk are 1952 design. There's no way an Indy figure is going to fit inside, but I think it makes a nice looking backdrop.

Lance Quazar

Kevin said:
If Professor X doesn't pan out as viable custom fodder for suited characters, perhaps these will fit the bill:

MIB2__scaled_600.jpg

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=137&itemid=18082

Way to be on the ball, Kevin!

Just saw the "MIB 3" figures in the stores today.

Picked up an Agent K figure.

They stand just slightly taller than the Indy/SW figures.

But it's always great to have more "civilian" looking figures for Indy customs and dioramas.

It's a very good Tommy Lee Jones likeness (Captain America custom potential), but, naturally, he's wearing the MIB trademark sunglasses, which kind of spoils it.

Interestingly, the suit jacket for the K and J figures is a single separate piece. The figures wear it like a vest, but you could remove it if you took the arms off and use it on another body. For all those customizers out there.....

Billy Ray

Lance Quazar said:
Way to be on the ball, Kevin!

Just saw the "MIB 3" figures in the stores today.

Picked up an Agent K figure.

They stand just slightly taller than the Indy/SW figures.

But it's always great to have more "civilian" looking figures for Indy customs and dioramas.

It's a very good Tommy Lee Jones likeness (Captain America custom potential), but, naturally, he's wearing the MIB trademark sunglasses, which kind of spoils it.

Interestingly, the suit jacket for the K and J figures is a single separate piece. The figures wear it like a vest, but you could remove it if you took the arms off and use it on another body. For all those customizers out there.....

Hey, so has anyone used the MIB figures for any Indy customs? I used a spare Agent K that I picked up to make a Daniel Craig James Bond:

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

Worked out pretty well with the Golden Compass Craig head, but the neck peg on the Agent K figure is a little weird.