Indy 5 news 2017

Face_Melt

IndyForever said:
Ford was terrible in BR2049 :eek:

Little screen time. Looked way older than 75. Appeared disinterested & when he ran briefly you could clearly see he is carrying a long term leg injury from his plane crash or the door crush on TFA set as he appeared to be running with his leg at a slight angle. It looked very poor & unrealistic I was shocked but it appears Harrison is really starting to age rapidly now the lighting did him no favours he looked very old & tired despite only having about 15 min's on screen it did him no favours as the movie was also long boring & poor overall. An unworthy Blade Runner sequel.

If this is how Indy 5 is going to be (catering to his obvious lack of physical strength & advancing age) I would rather they cancel it now before he ruins the character like he did with Rick Deckard (n) :sick:

Ford looked great and in shape as always. Not hard to imagine him beating Goslings ass like he did in the film. Looks like he can still run around and fight with no problems at all. Way more than I can say for most 75 year olds.

IndyForever

Face_Palm said:
Ford looked great and in shape as always. Not hard to imagine him beating Goslings ass like he did in the film. Looks like he can still run around and fight with no problems at all. Way more than I can say for most 75 year olds.
You must have seen another print on mine Ford looked very old & tired even the few minutes screen time he had seemed too much for him sadly. The very end of the movie also ruined the character of Deckard so I am now very concerned he will allow the same thing to happen to his Indy portrayal if he agrees to the screenplay as clearly he just showed up for BR2049 for a quick pay check as he cannot have spent more than 1 week on his limited cameo role :eek:

Toht's Arm

IndyForever said:
Ford was terrible in BR2049 :eek:

Little screen time. Looked way older than 75. Appeared disinterested & when he ran briefly you could clearly see he is carrying a long term leg injury from his plane crash or the door crush on TFA set as he appeared to be running with his leg at a slight angle.

I disagree about the way Ford carried himself in that movie. I thought he was a perfect portrayal of an aged Deckard.

That being said, with the limping, I thought I saw that in Force Awakens too! (I have no idea if the door incident was before or after they shot the scenes I'm thinking of, but the limp seemed apparent there...)

Pale Horse

Staff member
Toht's Arm said:
That being said, with the limping, I thought I saw that in Force Awakens too!

You did. It's evident here:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hh-zGP-LcQQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Face_Melt

Pale Horse said:
You did. It's evident here:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hh-zGP-LcQQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

At least he doesn?t have that in real life. Interviews have him walking on stage fast paced like a young man. No limp. They must have incorporated it for these particular characters. It works!

DARTH ZOIDBERG

I thought Harrison was great In Blade Runner 2049 what a great movie that was with a beautiful score by Hans Zimmer! Harrison was great In TFA as well. Anyone who doubts Harrison just look at that still of him decking Ryan Gosling the man still has It! Also join me up to the crowd that says Harrison at 75 could kick my 36 year old but from here to the curb. :whip:

AndyLGR

Amazing how we perceive things differently in the films. Personally I thought his performances in both TFA and BR2049 were a big improvement over his bored deadpan delivery in his more recent films. He injected more vigour into his voice and performance for TFA, handled the action well enough and overall convinced me he was Han again rather than the usual grumpy bloke he comes across as in other films. For BR2049 I enjoyed his performance again, especially the emotional aspect of it too. I'm confident that he can become Indy again after seeing these turns as Han and Deckard. Hes old now at 75 and clearly some people struggle to see past this aspect of him in how his looks and demeanour have naturally aged.

IndyBuff

AndyLGR said:
Amazing how we perceive things differently in the films. Personally I thought his performances in both TFA and BR2049 were a big improvement over his bored deadpan delivery in his more recent films. He injected more vigour into his voice and performance for TFA, handled the action well enough and overall convinced me he was Han again rather than the usual grumpy bloke he comes across as in other films. For BR2049 I enjoyed his performance again, especially the emotional aspect of it too. I'm confident that he can become Indy again after seeing these turns as Han and Deckard. Hes old now at 75 and clearly some people struggle to see past this aspect of him in how his looks and demeanour have naturally aged.

Ford definitely seemed more engaged during those roles and I'm confident he can bring that energy to Indy one more time.

Raiders90

AndyLGR said:

Pretty much this. I don't even take his age into account. Harrison went through a near 20 year spell where he just phoned in his performances, even KOTCS was phoned in to some extent. I feel like in TFA and Blade Runner he got his mojo back and he just seems like he's enjoying working again. I think he'll do just fine in another Indy film. The fact that he's 75 doesn't bother me one bit. That's what stuntmen, lighting, and makeup are for.

IndyForever

Face_Palm said:
927 days to go!
If this does not get filmed in 2018 never tell me the odds :whip: but I would say there is a 99.9% chance of it being cancelled altogether!

Harrison is really starting to look his age recently & Spielberg is the only key question remaining. Which Steven will turn up...the churn em out like a movie factory, film it without being entirely convinced (like KOTCS) to at least say to the fans I tried one last time or the fantastic ideas & inspired popcorn direction from the 1970-80s.

Lucas is clearly involved somehow & like him or not he was responsible for most of the creative decisions on the previous 4 movies but now he is retired & very bitter so not sure he wants much involvement after the way Disney treated his once beloved SW universe :dead:

After all this time on from KOTCS I no longer think its enough for Harrison to just turn up & play the part one last time it really needs to be a fantastic send off thematically & quality wise to avoid being a massive letdown as its clearly the final adventure with Harrison. Even if it makes billions Disney will not want to extend the franchise any longer as they can knock out cheaper remakes every 2-3 years which suits their business model like they are now forcing with Star Wars to have all these additional movies until the box office is bled dryer than the Sahara :eek: :sick:

DARTH ZOIDBERG

IndyForever said:
If this does not get filmed in 2018 never tell me the odds :whip: but I would say there is a 99.9% chance of it being cancelled altogether!

Harrison is really starting to look his age recently & Spielberg is the only key question remaining. Which Steven will turn up...the churn em out like a movie factory, film it without being entirely convinced (like KOTCS) to at least say to the fans I tried one last time or the fantastic ideas & inspired popcorn direction from the 1970-80s.

Lucas is clearly involved somehow & like him or not he was responsible for most of the creative decisions on the previous 4 movies but now he is retired & very bitter so not sure he wants much involvement after the way Disney treated his once beloved SW universe :dead:

After all this time on from KOTCS I no longer think its enough for Harrison to just turn up & play the part one last time it really needs to be a fantastic send off thematically & quality wise to avoid being a massive letdown as its clearly the final adventure with Harrison. Even if it makes billions Disney will not want to extend the franchise any longer as they can knock out cheaper remakes every 2-3 years which suits their business model like they are now forcing with Star Wars to have all these additional movies until the box office is bled dryer than the Sahara :eek: :sick:
First Of all George Lucas Is Not Involved He stepped away from big budget movies when he sold Lucasfilm To Disney and Disney now owns Indiana Jones they are making Indiana Jones 5 with or Without Spielberg. I would be fine with a New Director it personally wouldn't bother me. It works for Star Wars to have new Directors It could work for Indiana Jones. What I wouldn't Give for a JJ Abrams or Brad Bird Directed Indiana Jones! And I really liked Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull although I absolutely love Ancient Alien Stuff and Paranormal stuff as well why not mix it with Indiana Jones hey they had Shankara Stones and not many people complained about that...

Face_Melt

DARTH ZOIDBERG said:
First Of all George Lucas Is Not Involved He stepped away from big budget movies when he sold Lucasfilm To Disney and Disney now owns Indiana Jones they are making Indiana Jones 5 with or Without Spielberg. I would be fine with a New Director it personally wouldn't bother me. It works for Star Wars to have new Directors It could work for Indiana Jones. What I wouldn't Give for a JJ Abrams or Brad Bird Directed Indiana Jones! And I really liked Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull although I absolutely love Ancient Alien Stuff and Paranormal stuff as well why not mix it with Indiana Jones hey they had Shankara Stones and not many people complained about that...

Lucas sold Lucasfilm to Disney for $2 billion cash and the rest... you got it Disney stock. Lucas is now one of the arrest shareholders of Disney stock. To say he is not involved in the least bit is denial.

Z dweller

Face_Palm said:
Lucas sold Lucasfilm to Disney for $2 billion cash and the rest... you got it Disney stock. Lucas is now one of the arrest shareholders of Disney stock. To say he is not involved in the least bit is denial.
Affected ≠ Involved

Not to mention that the Indy franchise is just a drop in the the ocean of the Disney empire, sadly.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Face_Palm said:
... To say he is not involved in the least bit is denial.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Pale Horse

Staff member
Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin was an executive producer for Keanu 2016, Fist Fight and The Lego Movie...

Do you think he had creative licencing and input for those films, (and his many others) or is Executive Producing something else?